TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 24, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #5,386 of 24,683
Nothing. Just little boys having fun.
Started from post 5373, I think.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #5,387 of 24,683
I think people just got a bit giddy when Bob said the PM4 was off to production.
L3000.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #5,388 of 24,683
Hey guys. Ordered the PM4 sometime in June. So honest question here. How is it that there are impressions of products which haven't had their tuning finalized (pm6 and hunter) and none at all for a product which has been sent for production and due for delivery in a few weeks? Am I missing something here?

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #5,389 of 24,683
The fact is, (I think) PM6 and hunter were shown at the Canjam and some people had the chance to listen to the near finished products. Hence the impressions. No such luck so far with PM4.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #5,390 of 24,683
Yes I'm aware of that. Just curious as to why the PM4, despite being ahead of the hunter and pm6 in terms of completion and production, wasn't showcased at canjam. I also read somewhere in the thread that the PM4 demo was supposed to have been circulated amongst a group of trusted reviewers before its official release. So is that still happening? 

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #5,391 of 24,683
Probably M4 first then M6. M4 tuning is done but change of shell design (which is done afaik) just not ready for canjam; M6 is tuning related which would probably take longer time. Anyway, will see Bob's magic.

That could explain.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,392 of 24,683
  Yes I'm aware of that. Just curious as to why the PM4, despite being ahead of the hunter and pm6 in terms of completion and production, wasn't showcased at canjam. I also read somewhere in the thread that the PM4 demo was supposed to have been circulated amongst a group of trusted reviewers before its official release. So is that still happening? 

The mp4 is behind that schedule due to changes.  

Though the wait is unfortunately extended I welcome the accompanying changes and postponement for they aren't for nothing.  

But sad to say, no reviews yet, but good to say since modifications in the past from previous models have been very successful and do warrant such wait, no matter how untimely they me seem.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #5,394 of 24,683
  While I ordered the M6, I am curious to how it looks like with different color options... I am wondering if Bob can show us how it looks like in different colors?

Yah....  I want to see that matt black for one

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #5,396 of 24,683
  I think people just got a bit giddy when Bob said the PM4 was off to production.
L3000.gif

It's gonna be nuts when the PM4 starts shipping. People will need to remember that it may take a few weeks to get them all out the door. With the Vyrus it took 12 days before Bob announced they were all out the door which means the shipping company has them all and then they need a couple days to mail it. Once they did though, I got it the following day via DHL and just a few hours after they emailed the tracking number. Still an improvement from the first Kickstarter last year, I think fulfillment took a couple months after they started shipping. 

I've got a Chord Mojo and an overpriced coax cable coming tomorrow to use with my Fiio X5II plus my laptop and HTPC. So I'm even more looking forward to the last 3 pre-orders now. The Sabres showed me a bit of what I was missing in music and I wanted to pair the upcoming Trinity IEM's with a high quality source to let them really shine. Kinda pushed my budget a bit but the reviews seemed to justify it enough for me (personal opinions will vary of course) and that will be the last source upgrade for a long time. The only reason I came back to Head-Fi this year was to check for info on the Vyrus to upgrade my Hyperions, that's all, nothing else! But Bob had to go ahead and post a whole new line to of ground breaking IEM's at relatively bargain basement prices. But I'm enjoying music a lot more now already and have started to build up my high-def collection including Jazz at the Pawnshop which already sound sublime on the Sabre's and X5II. I gave the Vyrus a shot, they sound great like the Hyperions but with the Sabres as an option I find it hard to listen to them for too long before switching back. They lack the extra definition and clarity of the Sabres, for me once I heard them it was hard to go backwards. I'm convinced it's because of the push/pull driver setup so I'm curious to see whether I like the Hunter's Dual-Coil or not. By then I'll hopefully have accustomed to the PM6 so I can more easily see the difference. It's gonna be fun! 

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #5,398 of 24,683

Sorry could not resist. 
biggrin.gif

I mean, I can't blame you for not being able to resist lol. Going so far as to have it color coded was just begging for it
tongue.gif

Okay someone fess up.  Just what was it that was put in the water around here?   
blink.gif

beerchug.gif

I dunno, but whatever it is, gimme a round of what they're having
beerchug.gif

The reviewer circulation this is probably happening (slowly, as people are in different parts of the world and they each just pass on the same review unit I think. Plus, they get like a week or so with them). The PM4 wasn't at CanJam because the shell design preceding that weekend was just too quick a turnaround time to have a working and ready unit to showcase.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #5,399 of 24,683
  The reviewer circulation this is probably happening (slowly, as people are in different parts of the world and they each just pass on the same review unit I think. Plus, they get like a week or so with them). The PM4 wasn't at CanJam because the shell design preceding that weekend was just too quick a turnaround time to have a working and ready unit to showcase.

Not as far as I know - unless its just being reviewed locally. Haven't seen any of the new phantom series since we last gave Bob advice on the original PM6 prototype.

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #5,400 of 24,683
don't remember seing this on the site before... FULL SIZE CANS ??? 
L3000.gif

https://trinityaudioengineering.com/collections/phantom-series/products/phantom-phoenix

PHANTOM PHOENIX

The PHOENIX is the rebirth and re-imagining of our original Vario prototype.
The Phoenix still utilises a Aluminium and stainless steel design yet remains lightweight.
We have further developed our semi open and closed back Vario system to allow bigger sound changes, isolation in closed mode and more breathing area for our new driver set up.
The Phoenix comes with an all new driver system utilising 4X 50mm custom drivers in a push pull out of phase configuration to offer more precise control of the full sound spectrum.
Combining our Vario system along with our custom push pull out of phase set up the Pheonix promises to be a full size headphone like no other!
Technical Specification: 
Drivers: 50mm dynamic drivers in push pull out of phase configuration 
Impedance: 42Ω 
Sensitivity: 105+/-3db 
Frequency response: 20 – 20000Hz
VARIO sound tuning system

I may be wrong though... hard to keep up with this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back