TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #4,906 of 24,683
I thought I would be done with my Sabre review early this week. When there's ten sets of filters, three cables, and tons of tips there's a Schiit load of writing to do! Hoping I'll get it done tonight!

And yes leobigfield I'll include the patented side shot similar to what Bob provided :wink:

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #4,907 of 24,683

For a moment i thought i was reading some of @Hisoundfi reviews LOL

I thought I would be done with my Sabre review early this week. When there's ten sets of filters, three cables, and tons of tips there's a Schiit load of writing to do! Hoping I'll get it done tonight!

And yes @leobigfield I'll include the patented side shot similar to what Bob provided
wink.gif

Bob's picture looks soo alike yours that i would suggest you to save some time and put his pictures in your review LOL 

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4,908 of 24,683
I'm pretty eager to see some reviews on the upcoming Phantom gear... have any test units gone out yet for the Air/Master/Hunter? 

@Bobtrinity - is it a safe bet that people's overall audio impressions for the Vyrus will carry over to the Air? Or is the tuning very different because of the housing design?

Just hungry for info... that picture earlier today was a doozy

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #4,910 of 24,683
I'm pretty eager to see some reviews on the upcoming Phantom gear... have any test units gone out yet for the Air/Master/Hunter? 

@Bobtrinity
 - is it a safe bet that people's overall audio impressions for the Vyrus will carry over to the Air? Or is the tuning very different because of the housing design?

Just hungry for info... that picture earlier today was a doozy

Vyrus and air ss is very similar apart from the filters as we can't use the large filters on the wireless.

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #4,915 of 24,683

A big thumbs up for measurements. But, huh? How is the purple filter bassier in measurements than the yellow one. Gunmetal is even bassier than the orange filters?
I thought (from most bass to least) Red > Orange > Yellow > Gunmetal = Purple?
Did you use the short filters for measurement?

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #4,917 of 24,683

A big thumbs up for measurements. But, huh? How is the purple filter bassier in measurements than the yellow one. Gunmetal is even bassier than the orange filters?

Is there a difference in sound depending on which length of filter is used? I am currently using a long filter in one ear and a short in the other (the inside of my ears must be strangely irregular).

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #4,918 of 24,683
Is there a difference in sound depending on which length of filter is used? I am currently using a long filter in one ear and a short in the other (the inside of my ears must be strangely irregular).

Not that I noticed. Although I never got a proper seal with the short filters, thus performance was obviously hindered.
So, as long as you get a proper seal you'll be fine. Quite weird nontheless, haha. Did you ever take an impression of your ear? Maybe you can work around this issue with the usage of different tips.

Anyway, this graph does bring up a couple of questions, like how the filters actually work. As there is no dampening, the only other option would be "bass-ports". I guess it also matters greatly how much you screw in the filters. Unless Hisoundfi made a mistake in sorting the individual graphs, there is not much of an explanation. Or Bob could provide a couple of graphs to clarify.

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #4,919 of 24,683
Too bad the PM4's won't be at CanJam, I was looking forward to read the experiences of attendees.. Really curious to hear what'll happen with them, I mean what needs redesigning - what'll change?

I feel your pain Bob, everyone here including me obsessing over your new creations... Roll on Christmas aye :wink: ?

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #4,920 of 24,683

you are correct, red to purple should be most to least bass. curious about this as well as I believe there has been some discussion in the past about filter ports not being drilled/lasered fully. according to Bob, filter length makes no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back