TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,571 of 24,683

I said i find it ugly and i dont even like the colors, so again aesthetic is important, specially when im paying 1/3 of my salary eheh. And it's still secondary since eventually (even if it takes a little while)Trinity Audio will release new ones and right now for me new IEMS now are not a "must have", "need", but more like "i'm interested", "i would like". I mean im sure they will be great but i can wait for something that fit my aesthetic taste as well, may it be Trinity or other brand. :)

I wasn't sold on the overall aesthetic of the Sabre/Master/Hunter until I saw how they implemented the Trinity-brand etching... The curved typeface that follows the edge of the IEM shell reversed my opinion on the design by 180°. I think it's going to look awesome on the Hunter since it'll hug the bump
ksc75smile.gif

These IEMs need color text! Red text on a matte black shell is kinda awesome. 
biggrin.gif
 yeahhhhh.... any bright color on flat black looks killer. Like SO:

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #3,573 of 24,683
Bob, is it Hunter or PM6 that use Sonion transducers?

He mentioned that they both use Sonion armatures, but they had different parts/implementations to achieve different tuning. Also the tuning of the armatures is achieved on the Hunter using a very different method (not the industry-standard damping tubes).

EDIT: Oops, sorry Bob, too much coffee today 
redface.gif
 It's Friday, I'm amped.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #3,581 of 24,683

Bob while I have your attention. Not sure if its within the rules to ask....would you say Master 6 is smooth with no over emphasis in lows, mids and higher frequencies.  It just the highs for my ears can get in some cases too bright and fatiguing?  

I looked up the description again and checked the parts and I am not sure whether the higher frequency could be an issue, although I guess a filter could dampen it to my needs.

I hate to say I am wavering to the Master 6 as the tech looks tremendous at the price point and now wondering if I should just bite bullet and get it.  Then apologetically cancel the Master 4 with the hope a filter will make my ears happy.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #3,582 of 24,683
Bob while I have your attention. Not sure if its within the rules to ask....would you say Master 6 is smooth with no over emphasis in lows, mids and higher frequencies.  It just the highs for my ears can get in some cases too bright and fatiguing?  

I looked up the description again and checked the parts and I am not sure whether the higher frequency could be an issue, although I guess a filter could dampen it to my needs.

I hate to say I am wavering to the Master 6 as the tech looks tremendous at the price point and now wondering if I should just bite bullet and get it.  Then apologetically cancel the Master 4 with the hope a filter will make my ears happy.

As its a subjective answer all I can say is that the 6 will now get delta style filters which means you have regular hollow filters which will allow more higher frequencies but there is also a range of damped filters so you can tame the high end.

The 6 is not overly bright and so would think it won't be a problem but of course we all hear things differently.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,584 of 24,683
  We will keep pre-order pricing open until impressions are released and if anyone is unsure after impressions we are happy to refund.

Just saw this confirmed.  The thread moves so fast.  I will wait on the Master 6 impression.  I just hate to put you to all the trouble. Im sorry about the indecision.

This is awesome of you Bob, Thank you so much

Quick question Bob, if I order something on the website on a credit card and cancel are you guys getting charged anything when you have to do a refund? if so I will not order and cancel anything till I see the reviews.  

Other wise I might just order the Master 6 now and then cancel one later.  

I DO NOT want you to incur costs on my indecision and stupidity 

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #3,585 of 24,683
  Just got home to my Phantom Sabres after another arduous and stupidly inconvenient week at army training camp and holy hell, these are something I'm gonna be using a lot over the next... -undefined- weeks.

Initial impressions after about an hour or so of listening to my favourite few tracks, with the Purple filters installed, my gosh the resolution is amazing, albeit less "in-your-face" as compared to my Delta V2s. In terms of the detail retrieval and accuracy, the two are slightly different in the way it's present, mainly due to the Dual Dynamic vs hybrid Dynamic+1BA setup, I presume. The Delta V2s are very fast, precise, and very upfront, and as for the Sabres, they are smoother across the whole spectrum, but not necessarily sluggish, just that each detail transition flows extremely well. The bass impact, is definitely more prominent than the Deltas on the same/similar filters. Soundstage is seriously impressive, perhaps even better than the Deltas. 

As for the other filters, I can't say much until I've got sufficient exposure to them in the coming days.

Ergonomics are really nice, sits flushed to the ear so I can use it while lying on my side, unlike the Delta V2s. Cables are, as per Trinity, great to use. 

Only slight issues are the initial driver flex, which hasn't occurred again after playing some tunes. Must be the titanium drivers loosening up, so a very minor problem. As for the more major issue, I've just got way too many permutations to play with here. 

Thanks Bob!

how is sabre compared to ath e40!
cheers
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back