TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3,556 of 24,683
NeoTribal,

It just looks that way. But there's a method to my madness?

I'm just really intrigued by the engineering behind these IEMs. I can understand the merits of a push-pull configuration and also a dual-voice coil. I would really like to hear Bob's take on these 2 systems.

Additionally, the prices were really attractive for me as compared to a fortnight ago (*cough* Brexit *cough*) so I took a chance and am placing my trust in Bob (and in part Brooko who has not steered me wrong with his reviews).

I'm just patiently awaiting the days till I'll have Bob's merits of audio engineering in my hands (and my ears).

You're preaching to the choir here... I have both a PM4 and a Hunter on pre-order for the exact same reasons! 
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,557 of 24,683

most important is the sound. 

I said "it's SECONDARY but still important", not that hard to understand. I dont buy anything i dont like the looks of and if it was going to be my daily iem at least i wont to enjoy what i see. Thats the reason im going to skip the master 6, at least this first vesion. If @Bobtrinity considers orange color than i'll change my mind, if not ill just appreciate the reviews and wait for a 2nd version.

Ofc you are right and the sound is most important but you should never underestimate the design. I also think the Phantom series looks very plain which is imo okay for Sabre and Master 4 but at least for the higher end models like Master 6 and Hunter I would have expected a little bit more (and I am not talking about the color options.) 

Exactly.

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,558 of 24,683

You're preaching to the choir here... I have both a PM4 and a Hunter on pre-order for the exact same reasons! 
tongue.gif

i just ordered vyrus unconsciously. not sure if hunter or pm6 are next

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #3,559 of 24,683

I said "it's SECONDARY but still important", not that hard to understand. I dont buy anything i dont like the looks of and if it was going to be my daily iem at least i wont to enjoy what i see. Thats the reason im going to skip the master 6, at least this first vesion. If @Bobtrinity considers orange color than i'll change my mind, if not ill just appreciate the reviews and wait for a 2nd version.

Exactly.

ah i see where you coming from.

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #3,560 of 24,683
It's good to see that the preorder promo is extended.
Beside the sound, I'm worry also with the comfort/fit of PM4, with that tubular shape. My earlobe is small. So, impression with the comfort is also important.

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #3,561 of 24,683
to pm6 or not to? :neutral_face:

A 6 driver semi-flagship using Sonion BAs rather than the standard Knowles fare in something small enough to fit comfortably in your ear? Especially with the exchange rate bonus you will probably get on the value of the pound at the moment? Sounds like a no-brainer to me...

Hell, I'm thinking if getting one and I've already ordered the Hunter! :wink: The dangers of having a beer at lunch!

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #3,562 of 24,683
i just ordered vyrus unconsciously. not sure if hunter or pm6 are next

Both will be awesome, I'm sure. I'm a sucker for titanium and for artisans pushing the bounadires of their craft, so I'm feeling better and better about my Hunter presale. Bob mentioned that his goal for the push pull system was to reduce distortion and produce a cleaner sound, and the dual voice coil approach attacks the goal from a different (more efficient, IMO) angle.

I used to be into car audio and these speaker configs are often used in subwoofer systems for the same reasons that Bob is implementing them. I actually had a box in my trunk with a push pull system using dual voice coil 10in subs... It didn't thump the loudest, but it was way more versatile and clean sounding than my buddies setups with 2x 12in subs in parallel.

If my previous experience is any indication (I might be wrong), the phantom line will probably scale nicely with higher quality amping :)

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #3,563 of 24,683
I said "it's SECONDARY but still important", not that hard to understand. I dont buy anything i dont like the looks of and if it was going to be my daily iem at least i wont to enjoy what i see. Thats the reason im going to skip the master 6, at least this first vesion. If @Bobtrinity
 considers orange color than i'll change my mind, if not ill just appreciate the reviews and wait for a 2nd version.

Exactly.

Tbh saying that you probably won't buy it because it doesn't come in orange doesn't make it sound very SECONDARY to me either....

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #3,565 of 24,683
Tbh saying that you probably won't buy it because it doesn't come in orange doesn't make it sound very SECONDARY to me either....

I said i find it ugly and i dont even like the colors, so again aesthetic is important, specially when im paying 1/3 of my salary eheh. And it's still secondary since eventually (even if it takes a little while)Trinity Audio will release new ones and right now for me new IEMS now are not a "must have", "need", but more like "i'm interested", "i would like". I mean im sure they will be great but i can wait for something that fit my aesthetic taste as well, may it be Trinity or other brand. :)

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #3,567 of 24,683
Just got home to my Phantom Sabres after another arduous and stupidly inconvenient week at army training camp and holy hell, these are something I'm gonna be using a lot over the next... -undefined- weeks.

Initial impressions after about an hour or so of listening to my favourite few tracks, with the Purple filters installed, my gosh the resolution is amazing, albeit less "in-your-face" as compared to my Delta V2s. In terms of the detail retrieval and accuracy, the two are slightly different in the way it's present, mainly due to the Dual Dynamic vs hybrid Dynamic+1BA setup, I presume. The Delta V2s are very fast, precise, and very upfront, and as for the Sabres, they are smoother across the whole spectrum, but not necessarily sluggish, just that each detail transition flows extremely well. The bass impact, is definitely more prominent than the Deltas on the same/similar filters. Soundstage is seriously impressive, perhaps even better than the Deltas. 

As for the other filters, I can't say much until I've got sufficient exposure to them in the coming days.

Ergonomics are really nice, sits flushed to the ear so I can use it while lying on my side, unlike the Delta V2s. Cables are, as per Trinity, great to use. 

Only slight issues are the initial driver flex, which hasn't occurred again after playing some tunes. Must be the titanium drivers loosening up, so a very minor problem. As for the more major issue, I've just got way too many permutations to play with here. 

Thanks Bob!

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,569 of 24,683
  Just got home to my Phantom Sabres after another arduous and stupidly inconvenient week at army training camp and holy hell, these are something I'm gonna be using a lot over the next... -undefined- weeks.

Initial impressions after about an hour or so of listening to my favourite few tracks, with the Purple filters installed, my gosh the resolution is amazing, albeit less "in-your-face" as compared to my Delta V2s. In terms of the detail retrieval and accuracy, the two are slightly different in the way it's present, mainly due to the Dual Dynamic vs hybrid Dynamic+1BA setup, I presume. The Delta V2s are very fast, precise, and very upfront, and as for the Sabres, they are smoother across the whole spectrum, but not necessarily sluggish, just that each detail transition flows extremely well. The bass impact, is definitely more prominent than the Deltas on the same/similar filters. Soundstage is seriously impressive, perhaps even better than the Deltas. 

As for the other filters, I can't say much until I've got sufficient exposure to them in the coming days.

Ergonomics are really nice, sits flushed to the ear so I can use it while lying on my side, unlike the Delta V2s. Cables are, as per Trinity, great to use. 

Only slight issues are the initial driver flex, which hasn't occurred again after playing some tunes. Must be the titanium drivers loosening up, so a very minor problem. As for the more major issue, I've just got way too many permutations to play with here. 

Thanks Bob!

Great to hear! Keep me posted on your thoughts.

beerchug.gif

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back