TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 25, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #3,242 of 24,683
Never received an email about the Sabre being shipped, but DHL was here on Thursday to deliver. Unfortunately no one was home. I'm about as far from England as can be. Here in the middle of the Pacific in Hawaii (10 time zones away).

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3,243 of 24,683
Hi everyone, I'm very intrigued by these iem's and was looking to purchase either the M4 or the M6. On the website it says that each of these comes with 6 cables as standard. (3 x 2-pin detachable, 1 x trinity multibraid, 1 x memory wire multibraid and 1 x fabric cable with remote and mic). Is this actually the case, or do these cables have to be purchased separately? If they are all included, that seems like excellent value for money!

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,244 of 24,683
You're reading it wrong.  The lack of punctuation causes it though.  3 cables NOT 6.

2 Pin detachable cables x 3 (included as standard) :
-1 x standard Trinity multi-braid
-1 x memory wire multi-braid
-1 x fabric cable with remote and mic

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,246 of 24,683
Hey @Bobtrinity,

Are you going to sell filters separately?

E.g. say I had the Sabre or received the Master 4, but i want to try out some dampened filters on it that it doesn't come with.  Will that be an option in the future?

I just think of the Delta VII and how special that product is with the high versatility balanced tuning that comes from the different filters (damp and undamped)

Or say I receive the Vyrus and am looking for a filter in between or around the available ones.

Or maybe you come out with a whole new style of filter that is beyond my imagination, since you seem to be able to do that.

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #3,247 of 24,683

I have to say I'm loving these babies!
Definitely worth the wait.

Only 'problem' ? too many options! Now which filter to choose / long or short filter / now which tip, spin fit or wide or standard, maybe the foamies or the double flange? Bob you're a genius, but it takes an age just to get them set up to start with! :sunglasses: :headphones:

Bob I salute you for giving me almost every conceivable option included in the pack.:thumbsup:

P.s. You could've burned em in for me tho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #3,248 of 24,683

I have to say I'm loving these babies!
Definitely worth the wait.

Only 'problem' ? too many options! Now which filter to choose / long or short filter / now which tip, spin fit or wide or standard, maybe the foamies or the double flange? Bob you're a genius, but it takes an age just to get them set up to start with! :sunglasses: :headphones:

Bob I salute you for giving me almost every conceivable option included in the pack.:thumbsup:

P.s. You could've burned em in for me tho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry about the burn in, I've been slacking :D

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #3,249 of 24,683
  I'd have a hard time believing that a dedicated AK DAP of any level wouldn't be able to power an IEM adequately. I'd guess you would be able to power them without issue.

Thank you Midgetguy

Bob has stated that he tests on a smartphone and ensures that all of his IEMs sound great when played from one.

Thank you Zenthelld

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #3,250 of 24,683
Jun 26, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #3,251 of 24,683
For those interested in tips, and wanting both the longevity of silicone, but the fit, seal and comfort of foam - I'm pretty sure Bob has come up with a cost effective solution.

A long time back I talked to him about the Sony Isolation tips I was using, and lamenting that virtually the only place you could buy them was Japan (too expensive elsewhere).  As long as an IEM has decent venting, the Sony Isolation tips have easily been the best combo for comfort, fit and seal - and also a lot more durable than either generic form or Comply.

Bob took all that on board, and has come up with the Kombi

They're going to be available in small medium and large (I'd love him to go XL for my wonky ears and shallow fit IEMs - but one bridge at a time 
smile.gif
)

Silicone tips with foam inside

Sony are on the left, Bob's Kombi on the right

There are some minor differences - Bob's foam seems a bit denser, and the Sony are slightly smoother- but effectively they do the same job.  Best thing is that he's aiming that $15 will get you 5 pair.

Worth trying.  I'll definitely be getting some when they are available :)

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #3,252 of 24,683
Any news on the Phantom Air @Bobtrinity ?

Maybe some pics? :sunglasses:

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #3,253 of 24,683
For those interested in tips, and wanting both the longevity of silicone, but the fit, seal and comfort of foam - I'm pretty sure Bob has come up with a cost effective solution.

A long time back I talked to him about the Sony Isolation tips I was using, and lamenting that virtually the only place you could buy them was Japan (too expensive elsewhere).  As long as an IEM has decent venting, the Sony Isolation tips have easily been the best combo for comfort, fit and seal - and also a lot more durable than either generic form or Comply.

Bob took all that on board, and has come up with the Kombi

They're going to be available in small medium and large (I'd love him to go XL for my wonky ears and shallow fit IEMs - but one bridge at a time :smile: )

Silicone tips with foam inside

Sony are on the left, Bob's Kombi on the right

There are some minor differences - Bob's foam seems a bit denser, and the Sony are slightly smoother- but effectively they do the same job.  Best thing is that he's aiming that $15 will get you 5 pair.

Worth trying.  I'll definitely be getting some when they are available :)

My understanding is these will be included with the Master 4/6 and Hunter, is that correct?

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #3,255 of 24,683
I had those tips came with xb90 and xba a2 but i didnt feel any point why dey are better. can anyone explain? or bobs tips are better than sonys? i better buy inairs for flare iem for similar money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back