TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 12, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #2,611 of 24,683
i know zero about this from an audio/engineering standpoint, but is there a reason you can't make a cable with a male threaded end that a female threaded right angled or straight 3.5mm connector can screw into?

my 4 yr old did this mock up...red line is where the male threaded part would start (separating the two pieces), black lines are the threads of each piece.  
IOW - could you wire up both pieces and have the two halves make the correct connections for L/R/GND?  or even a keyed/slotted and twist connection to keep everything aligned right?

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,612 of 24,683
i know zero about this from an audio/engineering standpoint, but is there a reason you can't make a cable with a male threaded end that a female threaded right angled or straight 3.5mm connector can screw into?

my 4 yr old did this mock up...red line is where the male threaded part would start (separating the two pieces), black lines are the threads of each piece.  
IOW - could you wire up both pieces and have the two halves make the correct connections for L/R/GND?  or even a keyed/slotted and twist connection to keep everything aligned right?

That's a pretty good idea! Would add some bulk of course but not too much.

I think your 4 year old might be onto something there ... seriously! :)

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #2,613 of 24,683
That's a pretty good idea! Would add some bulk of course but not too much.

I think your 4 year old might be onto something there ... seriously!
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe what they're doing is subtlely hinting at what you need to get to working between now and when the rest of the Phantom series ships in the fall
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,614 of 24,683
If doing screw in ends you could do a breech lock with alignment keying. That way the proper connections would always mate up. Add a 4th conductor and you could even handle balanced mode. My Pono loves balanced drive on the Atlas!

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #2,617 of 24,683
Jun 13, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #2,619 of 24,683
  One of many to come undoubtedly
biggrin.gif

Lol, that's a valid prediction.

These products from trinity are too good.

I'm lucky to have come across trinity just being mentioned.

Then when i saw the reviews on head-fi (right after i joined head-fi) and I was on board and just in time to get the sabre.

Anyone outside the head-fi community would have difficulty finding this stuff.

Marketing is very low key.

BOB needs some big basketball player to wear one of their headphones to practice or something lol

Otherwise it was quite difficult to find trinity.

And after hearing how good they sound, I need to let out some anticipatory excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back