TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,553 of 24,683
Before I sign off for much of the evening here is a pic of the memory wire cable included with the sabre and masters

Darn, so no right-angle jack? I'm disappointed about this aspect. I put a serial number request in my instructions, hope that works. Also, I put this in the special instructions as well, but maybe @Bobtrinity could answer it if he has spare time: could I get my cables without memory wiring? I really hate the stuff.

Still, even without a right-angle jack, I caved and grabbed the Hunter. Heat-treated titanium bliss, come to poppa!!!......in 3-4 months
biggrin.gif
. Order #2586, I really hope Bob can get rid of the memory wire for me though, I absolute HATE memory wire on my cables.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,554 of 24,683
Before I sign off for much of the evening here is a pic of the memory wire cable included with the sabre and masters

Showing off the pretty braids again, huh?  What a tease.
tongue_smile.gif

Darn, so no right-angle jack? I'm disappointed about this aspect. I put a serial number request in my instructions, hope that works. Also, I put this in the special instructions as well, but maybe @Bobtrinity could answer it if he has spare time: could I get my cables without memory wiring? I really hate the stuff.

Still, even without a right-angle jack, I caved and grabbed the Hunter. Heat-treated titanium bliss, come to poppa!!!......in 3-4 months
biggrin.gif
. Order #2586, I really hope Bob can get rid of the memory wire for me though, I absolute HATE memory wire on my cables.

They do come with another braided cable without memory wire.

It does come with a right angle jack.  It is an extension to the straight jack and and works very well.  Looks as lovely as the cable.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,555 of 24,683

Showing off the pretty braids again, huh?  What a tease.
tongue_smile.gif

They do come with another braided cable without memory wire.

It does come with a right angle jack.  It is an extension to the straight jack and and works very well.  Looks as lovely as the cable.

If I'm thinking of what you're describing correctly, then I'm aware of the right-angle extension, pretty much the same thing that came with the original IEM run. But I meant more about having a native right-angle jack as opposed to an extension cuz the extension adds even more extra length that I don't want.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,556 of 24,683
If it's not gone. Serial numbers start at 0001 and of course that's gone as well as the likes of 0666.

Folks will have to get in quick to get a hunter as they are going scary fast!

Wish you would have said sooner, would have chose as soon as I ordered. Think I was within the 1st 2 or 3 to order as well. I actually get stressed ocd style about numbers. Sounds daft but if it doesnt end in a 5, 2, 6 or 0 it irritates me. Only exception is 13. Anyway pmed you with order info and a few choices if none are avaliable as low as possible using combo of 0, 1, 2, 5 or 6. Eg 0056, 0015, 0025, 0106.

The above should satisfy my ocd ahaha

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,557 of 24,683
  If I'm thinking of what you're describing correctly, then I'm aware of the right-angle extension, pretty much the same thing that came with the original IEM run. But I meant more about having a native right-angle jack as opposed to an extension cuz the extension adds even more extra length that I don't want.

My apologies.

I understand.  I was a little surprised about the length myself.  It did work better than i though it would.

I do prefer a native angle jack, too.

I like the versatility though cuz the straight jack is useful in some situations.

I'm with you on the memory braid.  I actually prefer to do a very loose parachord extending 5 inches down from each monitor.  allows me to cut it off if i choose, but very comfortable around the ears.

Jun 10, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #2,559 of 24,683

cable looks great.  i was hoping for red/blue color coding for the R/L cable sides though.  i thought bob mentioned this was going to be part of the trinity cables going forward.  i must have misunderstood or am remembering wrong.

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2,560 of 24,683
On board with the Hunter! The wait begins.........:)

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2,562 of 24,683
  cable looks great.  i was hoping for red/blue color coding for the R/L cable sides though.  i thought bob mentioned this was going to be part of the trinity cables going forward.  i must have misunderstood or am remembering wrong.

This, right?
Quote:
@Bobtrinity
 going to be picky here but is there any chance your removable cables going forward would be able to include a red and blue identifier?  the L & R markings on the atlas are helpful but still small and hard to really see.  color coding like the V1 delta would be nice. 

We will include markings, just cant comment on how it will be done.

Well, it doesn't say it's gonna have colored markings but this post was about the masters
smily_headphones1.gif
 i recall

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,563 of 24,683

This, right?
Well, it doesn't say it's gonna have colored markings but this post was about the masters 
smily_headphones1.gif
 i recall

yep.  regardless of the model, i'm assuming the 2 pin cables are compatible with all trinity 2 pin IEM's.  colored markings would be ideal as it's pretty difficult to see the current markings IMO but nothing that can't be modified by the user.

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,565 of 24,683
  Here's Bobster's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMCKgGuUR_/?taken-by=trinityaudio you guys can judge if it has it or not. BTW does anyone think the cable will fit in an iPhone case? 

It's likely gonna depend on the case. I use a SPECK branded case and haven't had any issues with IEM jacks. That cable there for the Sabre looks like it has the L/R markings, but I agree that it would be nice if the connector strain relief was in the appropriate color, just like how the shell strain reliefs were red and blue on the Delta V1. It looked incredibly clean and super functional in my opinion.

My apologies.

I understand.  I was a little surprised about the length myself.  It did work better than i though it would.

I do prefer a native angle jack, too.

I like the versatility though cuz the straight jack is useful in some situations.

I'm with you on the memory braid.  I actually prefer to do a very loose parachord extending 5 inches down from each monitor.  allows me to cut it off if i choose, but very comfortable around the ears.

Once I add on the extension, the end of the strain relief spring pokes just past the edge of my iPod Touch. Not the end of the world, but for me, at that point I might as well just use the standard straight jack. I prefer right-angle jacks because it leaves some space between the end of the strain relief and the edge of my device so the cable can come straight out of the jack/relief without having to be mushed into the walls of my pockets. That's just me though, many/most people don't have this issue or mind it
biggrin.gif

Straight jacks are also definitely useful sometimes. I've found them to be especially nice for when I'm curious about how something sounds from my desktop amp. It's great in those situations when I don't feel like putting on full-size headphones, but can't use my speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back