TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #24,078 of 24,683
Boy, I have just visited (during the last 10-15 minutes) the IMR R1 page at Massdrop, and was really without words. To see so many customers that have never received their items from the designer's former company, so many unanswered mails with queries about the items, etc. , just unbelievable.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #24,079 of 24,683
What was the old trinity address?

There you go: Both IMR Acoustics and Trinity Audio Engineering LTD.

Source: http://vat-search.co.uk/

EA7780FE-2676-4D31-9701-A9D62708B550.jpeg

04D2BC26-4910-4903-BD7D-A38CC5F867E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #24,080 of 24,683
There you go: Both IMR Acoustics and Trinity Audio Engineering LTD.

Source: http://vat-search.co.uk/

And so we're totally clear here (and I'm not defending anything), Bob's explanation for this is that they listed TAE HQ as the office that he's worked out of for years and because he wasn't going to give that up, his office is what is used for the address of IMR as well. Now quite obviously, that also contradicts with his explanation of him being a contractor at TAE; if he was just a contractor, why list his office as the HQ? Sounds really stupid. As always, people can take it as they will: we're providing the info, but they can make their own conclusions.

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #24,081 of 24,683
I have been sitting on these Trinity Phantom Hunter earphones for several months now, they've remained practically unused because I don't really like carrying around valuable stuff with me. If anything on them falls off, like one of the tuning filters, then I can't very well contact trinity to replace them. I'm contemplating selling them so I can fund a new camera I was saving up for. Thoughts? Or do you think it would be better to hang on to them as some sort of unique and valuable collectors piece? They are pretty damn sweet earbuds, and I got the anodized titanium version which I personally think is really beautiful. I'm torn, I'm probably not going to sell them but I want to know what you would do.

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #24,082 of 24,683
I have been sitting on these Trinity Phantom Hunter earphones for several months now, they've remained practically unused because I don't really like carrying around valuable stuff with me. If anything on them falls off, like one of the tuning filters, then I can't very well contact trinity to replace them. I'm contemplating selling them so I can fund a new camera I was saving up for. Thoughts? Or do you think it would be better to hang on to them as some sort of unique and valuable collectors piece? They are pretty damn sweet earbuds, and I got the anodized titanium version which I personally think is really beautiful. I'm torn, I'm probably not going to sell them but I want to know what you would do.

You could improvise with weights and cables, if they are detachable... it could work even if they are not ...

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #24,083 of 24,683
And so we're totally clear here (and I'm not defending anything), Bob's explanation for this is that they listed TAE HQ as the office that he's worked out of for years and because he wasn't going to give that up, his office is what is used for the address of IMR as well. Now quite obviously, that also contradicts with his explanation of him being a contractor at TAE; if he was just a contractor, why list his office as the HQ? Sounds really stupid. As always, people can take it as they will: we're providing the info, but they can make their own conclusions.

Ok, I will play along. :wink:
As you stated, it makes zero sense.
To me it’s pretty straight forward. Bob wanted to register a limited company when he started Trinity but he couldn’t do so under his name due to the fact he had a bankruptcy case under his belt so he put it under his wife’s name and Joe A. Watts as shareholders.
He keeps telling people that he was just an employee, or a contractor - but we know for fact Marie Timms was a significant shareholder.
So now it’s Joe Ashley Watts who claims he is not with Trinity anymore. The guy was born in 1989 and already dissolved around 10 companies in his short career.
Just an assumption now - is he getting paid to dissolve companies just so the previous owners could walk away clean?

No matter how we slice it, it goes back to the same people who are involved, and I’m sure some people who are involved are not even on record.

Bob can tell everyone that he wasn’t the owner nor a shareholder with Trinity, which is indeed the case, but Marie Timms was.
He was known here as Bob James, he never used his full name. It was all a very calculated plan, all smoke and mirrors until the details came out.

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #24,084 of 24,683
I have to say a lot of the suggested evidence is clear to find if you look, I looked when I first started getting alarm bells back last June and indeed one of the shareholders had a lot of dissolved company's. looking back after the fire doesn't it seem odd that they kept pumping out pre-order products when so many were still owed and we openly on this thread were questioning and getting angry about that.
Icarus 1 for only £10 if you think about it it would probably cost very nearly that to produce, and the Phoenix cant remember the cost? but price was ridiculously cheap. Was this a cash grab before exit?
Also the way suddenly IMR is born and trinity disappears? I have not looked into bobs partner being major shareholder but if true again serious alarm bell and this was the icing on the cake for me.
I gave trinity lots of defence in the beginning and also bob a sort of benefit of the doubt when he appeared on the iem lounge and had given his account of things, but not anymore! My eyes are open.
Again all speculative on my part but at least if others are reading these posts they get some idea of the possible situation and events leading up.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #24,085 of 24,683
So now it’s Joe Ashley Watts who claims he is not with Trinity anymore. The guy was born in 1989 and already dissolved around 10 companies in his short career.
Just an assumption now - is he getting paid to dissolve companies just so the previous owners could walk away clean?

It is entirely plausible that was the plan all along, and Joe Watts just knows how to work the bankruptcy laws. Or he is involved in some kind of Ozark style money laundering scheme lol.

What ever happened to that guy who took over for like an hour?

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #24,087 of 24,683
Ok, I will play along. :wink:
As you stated, it makes zero sense.
To me it’s pretty straight forward. Bob wanted to register a limited company when he started Trinity but he couldn’t do so under his name due to the fact he had a bankruptcy case under his belt so he put it under his wife’s name and Joe A. Watts as shareholders.
He keeps telling people that he was just an employee, or a contractor - but we know for fact Marie Timms was a significant shareholder.

No matter how we slice it, it goes back to the same people who are involved, and I’m sure some people who are involved are not even on record.

Bob can tell everyone that he wasn’t the owner nor a shareholder with Trinity, which is indeed the case, but Marie Timms was.
He was known here as Bob James, he never used his full name. It was all a very calculated plan, all smoke and mirrors until the details came out.
The fiery flow of information, it burns!! Lol :p

It is entirely plausible that was the plan all along, and Joe Watts just knows how to work the bankruptcy laws. Or he is involved in some kind of Ozark style money laundering scheme lol.

What ever happened to that guy who took over for like an hour?
If this is an Ozark style money laundering scheme, it sure is nowhere near as entertaining as Jason Bateman's version :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back