TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #24,091 of 24,683
I've mostly lurked here but I've made the odd post.

I was in for a pair of Icarus IV's.
I got the free Hyperions and really like them so I was really looking forward to getting the iv's and almost went for an Icarus II as well
I got lots of lies from Kieran and when I eventually asked for a refund he asked me to return the Hyperions first even though they were a free gift to the first 50 orders.

I wasn't going to do that because then I would be out £120 and the Hyperions.
So I boxed them and promised to return them when he refunded me.

Then he stopped responding to my emails.

So I complained to my Credit card company and now I've got my £120 back and can keep the Hyperions with a clear conscience.

Let's face it I was never going to send them back anyway.
And my conscience was never really going to be a problem.

I was looking forward to getting some really good earbuds but I've just bought 5 different cheap sets from QKZ and, with one exception, I really enjoy them all.
So they would probably have been wasted on me anyway.

Anyway now that I've got nothing left in the pot I'll unsubscribe from this thread and lurk on the Shanling M0 thread.
We all need to scratch that buying itch.

I honestly think that any positive comments about Trinity, Bob, Jake, Marie or Kieran are a product of Stockholm syndrome.

I can start my recovery today.

See you all somewhere else.

Chas

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #24,093 of 24,683
I've mostly lurked here but I've made the odd post.

I was in for a pair of Icarus IV's.
I got the free Hyperions and really like them so I was really looking forward to getting the iv's and almost went for an Icarus II as well
I got lots of lies from Kieran and when I eventually asked for a refund he asked me to return the Hyperions first even though they were a free gift to the first 50 orders.

I wasn't going to do that because then I would be out £120 and the Hyperions.
So I boxed them and promised to return them when he refunded me.

Then he stopped responding to my emails.

So I complained to my Credit card company and now I've got my £120 back and can keep the Hyperions with a clear conscience.

Let's face it I was never going to send them back anyway.
And my conscience was never really going to be a problem.

I was looking forward to getting some really good earbuds but I've just bought 5 different cheap sets from QKZ and, with one exception, I really enjoy them all.
So they would probably have been wasted on me anyway.

Anyway now that I've got nothing left in the pot I'll unsubscribe from this thread and lurk on the Shanling M0 thread.
We all need to scratch that buying itch.

I honestly think that any positive comments about Trinity, Bob, Jake, Marie or Kieran are a product of Stockholm syndrome.

I can start my recovery today.

See you all somewhere else.

Chas
My friend claimed the refund from paypal, also kept the free hyperion

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #24,094 of 24,683
After a few back and forth emails with Kairen I was given a tracking number. And today the unimaginable happened...no Trump is still president but I received my Trinity Airs! Granted I am still out for the pre-ordered Icarus IV and I but this was something I was sure would have been another drain circling empty promise. There is hope for good in mankind...
on a side note the left monitor drops out every 4-5 seconds, the interface is pretty archaic and unless I crack them open to attempt a fix they will be pretty much unusable but that is not the point...ok it is but ...

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #24,095 of 24,683

This is so surreal. I actually did not expect to ever receive something from trinity. I ordered the og deltas on a discount for 80$ over 1 year ago. I kept asking. Replys went from next week ,to dont know, to will be replaced with icarus 3, to will be replaced with hunters. And here they are, so I got a pair of hunters for 80$. I cant complain.
And all I got was the Airs I ordered a looooong time ago...I still have hope for my pre-ordered Icarus IV&I!

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #24,096 of 24,683
After a few back and forth emails with Kairen I was given a tracking number. And today the unimaginable happened...no Trump is still president but I received my Trinity Airs! Granted I am still out for the pre-ordered Icarus IV and I but this was something I was sure would have been another drain circling empty promise. There is hope for good in mankind...
on a side note the left monitor drops out every 4-5 seconds, the interface is pretty archaic and unless I crack them open to attempt a fix they will be pretty much unusable but that is not the point...ok it is but ...

It is fixable to an extent. Issues faced: Dying batteries ( you'll have to find a replacement cell if this happens and solder experience is required). Second is the antenna problem which is fixable with copper foil and epoxy.

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #24,097 of 24,683
It is fixable to an extent. Issues faced: Dying batteries ( you'll have to find a replacement cell if this happens and solder experience is required). Second is the antenna problem which is fixable with copper foil and epoxy.
Thanks for the reply...how do you access the inside (i.e. which parts actually separate)? I received the orange/white model and don't know if the white part is removed or it is split at the groove just below the lip. And I wanted to thank you for posting the contact email address some time back which is how I got the ball rolling with my Airs in the first place. Any modding help will be greatly appreciated. I was going to throw them on the ground to separate them but thought I would eventually end up doing that so try some other way first.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #24,098 of 24,683
Forgot to mention that receiving the long awaited airs has quickly been rendered moot as I just got the email notice that my Ultimate Ear Pro 5 customs are finished and have been shipped to be arriving very soon. Ordered them at CanJam SoCal UE booth. Makes modding the Airs that much easier now.

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #24,099 of 24,683
I am amazed they are still shipping stuff. Given they have not had a pre launch in months, how are they funding rent, salary, electricity, even postage to get stuff out?

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #24,100 of 24,683
And all I got was the Airs I ordered a looooong time ago...I still have hope for my pre-ordered Icarus IV&I!

Yeah, the Airs are unusable. I had 2 pairs sitting on my desk at one point and they just looked like a prototype with a bad case and dated design, especially when you look at other brands now and their wireless IEMs.

I hope to say it but there is really zero chances the Icarus IV and & I even existed as a final prototype nor made it to production.
It was just a quick way for them to make a buck.

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #24,101 of 24,683
Thanks for the reply...how do you access the inside (i.e. which parts actually separate)? I received the orange/white model and don't know if the white part is removed or it is split at the groove just below the lip. And I wanted to thank you for posting the contact email address some time back which is how I got the ball rolling with my Airs in the first place. Any modding help will be greatly appreciated. I was going to throw them on the ground to separate them but thought I would eventually end up doing that so try some other way first.

The white faceplate can be pried open with a guitar pick if you slide it at the top of the IEM between the white and orange part. The orange groove is just aestethics. just be careful to not push the pry tool too far in, because you might bend or damage the pogo pin which is used for the antenna. Then on the back of the faceplate, remove the copper foil and add this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR5DSCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524331934&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=copper+foil+tape&dpPl=1&dpID=51ZccA6JdYL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I folded 5-6 layers on top of eachother and stuck it back into place. All that's left is gluing back the faceplate with epoxy or dual sided sealer tape, but I didn't have the same results.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #24,102 of 24,683
Yeah, the Airs are unusable. I had 2 pairs sitting on my desk at one point and they just looked like a prototype with a bad case and dated design, especially when you look at other brands now and their wireless IEMs.

I hope to say it but there is really zero chances the Icarus IV and & I even existed as a final prototype nor made it to production.
It was just a quick way for them to make a buck.

While I agree that the air's design isn't the best, it's thankfully repairable for some at least.

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #24,103 of 24,683
While I agree that the air's design isn't the best, it's thankfully repairable for some at least.

It’s barely a consolation prize lol.
Even if I were to get them with a proper connection and battery life I would have considered the Air as a subpar product.

When companies like Jabra, PSB, Jaybird and the rest offer their all wireless products it’s not even close.

The wireless market moves fast, the Air is a half-baked product that failed on so many levels, including delivery time.

Delivering such a bad product is embarrassing and no wonder the brand is where it is today.

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #24,104 of 24,683
It’s barely a consolation prize lol.
Even if I were to get them with a proper connection and battery life I would have considered the Air as a subpar product.

When companies like Jabra, PSB, Jaybird and the rest offer their all wireless products it’s not even close.

The wireless market moves fast, the Air is a half-baked product that failed on so many levels, including delivery time.

Delivering such a bad product is embarrassing and no wonder the brand is where it is today.

I agree. It does explain their downfall also... But at least my money will be partially used instead of completely lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back