TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #2,372 of 24,683
  So just to be clear:

Hunter    = 1DD + 4 BA
Master 6 = 2DD + 4 BA

?

I believe that is correct Kundi, the single DD in the Hunter is a Dual Voice Coil if iirc and not a push pull
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #2,373 of 24,683
^ Yep and who knows if the BA's are the same. 99% of the time on this site when we talk about BA drivers, we talk as if theres only one model that everyone uses. Its odd considering we at this point are pretty good at picking up on, at the very least, the various dynamic driver sizes, materials, and set-ups. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,374 of 24,683
There is also the "vectoring" mentioned on the product page, which is presumably Bobtrinity 's take on directing the sound of the BA drivers in the casing to make it more coherent? That would account for the larger shell compared to the "puck" shape of the Master 6. Care to shed any light, Bob?

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #2,376 of 24,683
^ Yep and who knows if the BA's are the same. 99% of the time on this site when we talk about BA drivers, we talk as if theres only one model that everyone uses. Its odd considering we at this point are pretty good at picking up on, at the very least, the various dynamic driver sizes, materials, and set-ups. 

I dont think they are, vaguly remember bob saying the M6 was 2x dual BA + push pull; the hunter was 4 x BA of a different make + the dynamuc voice coil a different make. Maybe completly wrong ofc and getting myself mixed up.

Edit:
Different drivers, different tuning, tuning filters not the same as M6 and different build materials, so err nope :D

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #2,378 of 24,683

Exactly Midge, I mean the Hunter is only 150 pounds more than the M6! I'm thinking if I have the Sabre's and the M4 why not just bypass the M6 in favor of the Hunter since it is a different animal altogether and a no holds barred build to boot
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

No, that's a bad idea. You'll always be wondering "What if…?" Slowly that question will eat away at you heart and soul until you end up in a rubber room. Just get 'em all, your well-being depends on it.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #2,379 of 24,683
I dont think they are, vaguly remember bob saying the M6 was 2x dual BA + push pull; the hunter was 4 x BA of a different make + the dynamuc voice coil a different make. Maybe completly wrong ofc and getting myself mixed up.

Edit:

Yeah thats what I mean. From memory, the BA drivers in the M6 are made by Sonion, and will likely be just one of a number of different dual-BA models they make. In contrast, the M4 uses two single BAs instead of just one of the dual BAs. I don't think Bob has specified anything about the BAs in the Hunter? Except different, as you quoted, haha. 

If we reduce it to that, the M6 looks like a much better deal than the Hunter. And its why the driver count race works, unfortunately. I saw the fuss last year in the Noble thread when it became apparent the Savant 'only' contains two BA drivers at its price point. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,382 of 24,683
For those asking about colour on the Hunter the current images are the anodised gunmetal ones, the heat treated ones will be unique to each costumer as the heat treating colours them.

Here is an example

But they can turn out lots of colours .

As for the size they fit beautifully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back