TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 4, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #2,296 of 24,683
I'd like to know more about the M4 as well, but I'm not too sure we'll get it before the 11th of June (when the preorder discount is supposed to end). However, Trinity do offer a 14 day money-back guarantee, so it might be worth just getting them and trying them out.
From what Brooko has said it seems the filters on the M4 (at least at this point) mostly just affect the bass, so if the rest of the sound sig is off for someone, I don't think the filters would change that.

After some 10 - 15  month the used price will be lower than the preorder price now. I'm too old to hurry up!  
wink_face.gif

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,297 of 24,683
lol true story, but somehow i managed to sell delta at 90 euro used exactly what i paid on amazon. it was discontinued at that point no one was selling it except me lol even kept two pairs of tips hihi

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,298 of 24,683

Yes, the Master 4 preorder price is really  tempted, BUT nobody hears it, only Bob Trinity. Asked here in forum some half dozens times about sound signature. No answer.  Well I'm NO Trinity or IEM addictive as much to credited an unknown product with preorder. 

I believe it's been mentioned t's a Delta v2 on steroids, so you can go take a look at the Delta v2 review by Brooko, it'll give you an idea. Besides, they come with interchangeable filters to specifically change the sound signature, so why ask about it when eventually you'll be able to tune it or adjust it to your preference?

I have a feeling that the description of the Master 4 as the Delta v2 on steroids is slightly innacurate. From Brooko's graphs, the Master 6 (which from my understanding has the same filters as Master 4) currently only offers modest adjustments to bass with the filters. The Delta v2 offers significant signature adjustment to both bass and treble with the undamped and damped filters. I think that Brooko's feedback is why Bob is still tweaking the Master 6, and why the Master 6 kickstarter has still not been announced--it was supposed to be later March. Whether the adjustments to filters on the Master 6 will be replicated with the Master 4 has not been revealed yet, but this seems likely to me. It may also be that the Delta v2 filters won't just need a new form factor to work with the signature of the Master 6, so the sound may be a bit different than the Delta v2.

Personally, I'm glad that Bob has delayed the Kickstarter launch. It is far better to have delays now than to have delays later and angry unreasonable backers. Bob has a record of delivering his core products on time. I am still waiting for the ability to buy the 3.5mm TRRS cable for the Atlas at a reduced price (promised on that Kickstarter to the backers), but the Atlas came in on time. Any updates on that cable @Bobtrinity?

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2,299 of 24,683
If I'm remember a discussion with Brooko he was saying that Bob was thinking to adapt the filters of the delta v2 with the master 6 that's why I think a possibility of the delay to the master 6 and my idea he's maybe to adapt the filter also to the master 4. I'm totally agree with you I prefer the gear to be delay and to have a top notch product as Bob always do a fantastic work. Impatient or sceptical head-fi member need to be more patient and believe Bob.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #2,303 of 24,683
Pre-ordered Master 4, even though I'm skeptical I will like them going by the frequency graphs of the Sabre and Master 6, the Mids that stick out between 1-4khz they are 8-10db above baseline, please try and tone this down to neutral or only slightly above lets say 3-4db above baseline, and don't dip the 5-8khz lower treble like everyone seems to be doing these days, same for the 8-12khz treble, lets keep 5-12khz as flat as possible and at neutral baseline. Finally a little 5db hump on the bass 50-100hz for that kick drum slam and were happy, imo keeping sub bass 3-4db db below mid bass sounds best, you get the slam factor then.

That's my take, but their your iems so best of luck with the tuning.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2,304 of 24,683
The master 4 is going to be really good.  BOB doesn't f@#$ around and he is honing in on better sounds relative to the feedback of his reviewers.

It would be something else, if he as able to pull off a standard gauge for the filters...  have them be interchangeable between IEM's.  That would be a tough ideal though, based on his feedback about the challenges of getting the sound signatures he wants and how the filter gauge affects that.

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,307 of 24,683
Might be good if you guys can cut him (Bob) a little slack.  I just threw a massive spanner in the works as far as his plans go for the Master series (and I'm not sure if it affects both 4 and 6 - or just one of them). As you know - I had a chance to play around with the 6 for a very short time. The prototype just arrived back to him a couple of days ago. He now has to readjust the filter system for the wider bore, and recheck the tuning. The aim now is to use the Delta filter system on Master - and in two different lengths.  Yes it will take more time - but in the end, his customers get a better end result.

Personally I do think the Master series will be pretty darn good when he's finished.  But the last thing i'd like to see is him rush it.  Doing so would simply give everyone a less capable IEM. No-one wants that.  Pretty sure he will be open to extending any promotional period due to delays.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #2,308 of 24,683
  Might be good if you guys can cut him (Bob) a little slack.  I just threw a massive spanner in the works as far as his plans go for the Master series (and I'm not sure if it affects both 4 and 6 - or just one of them). As you know - I had a chance to play around with the 6 for a very short time. The prototype just arrived back to him a couple of days ago. He now has to readjust the filter system for the wider bore, and recheck the tuning. The aim now is to use the Delta filter system on Master - and in two different lengths.  Yes it will take more time - but in the end, his customers get a better end result.

Personally I do think the Master series will be pretty darn good when he's finished.  But the last thing i'd like to see is him rush it.  Doing so would simply give everyone a less capable IEM. No-one wants that.  Pretty sure he will be open to extending any promotional period due to delays.

I totally agree! Better more time now than not the product it could have been later. I'll wait for the best Bob can offer. You let us know when Bob let's you hear that Hunter, Brooko. :wink:

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,309 of 24,683
Owning your own business is an all day job.  and doesn't he still work for rockjaw, too.  Plus these are foundational IEM's that will give his business a complete line up. What will make trinity audio.  And he wants to perfect it.

It's like that 80/20 rule.  Takes 20% of the effort to do 80% of the work and 80% of the effort to do the last 20%.  'cept bob is bringing in reviewers and all the feedback and tweaking more, going for that last 5%of the work with 95% of the effort. He wants that A+.  The last 5% is the bitch of all bitches if any one knows about perfecting what they create.  I'm surprised he hasn't gone crazy, or too crazy for all i know.
evil_smiley.gif

Hope he has enough midnight oil
cool.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,310 of 24,683
  All this is fine. It would be nice if @Bobtrinity can post some updates now and then. I can understand it being hectic and busy, but it is a good practice to have regular updates. Not seen any lately but speculations from head-fi members.

I agree

I agree we can cut slack and we have been very patient, however business is still business and deadlines are reality for all engineers and businessmen.  It's not too much to ask for what was promised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back