TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,311 of 24,683
  I agree

I agree we can cut slack and we have been very patient, howwever business is still business and deadlines are reality for all engineers and businessmen.  It's not too much to ask for what was promised.

That may be, but let's be honest.  That's just impatience talkin' and it's not like your gonna find a better deal.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,312 of 24,683
The Phantom series is supposed to be the best Trinity can do. The best can't and shouldn't be rushed. Trinity wants these to be in the line up a few years. They have to be dialed in great to do that. Go Bob, you can do it. Don't release them until you are happy. Not like most of us are lacking earphones.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #2,313 of 24,683
I'm not asking for the product, but for updates only :)

Over the past 2 weeks the updates have been very few. It would be helpful just to keep the updates coming on a regular basis as to what's happening. I'm okay with the delay of the final finished product. We the buyers benefit from a better and a quality product. But need regular updates which has been sorely lacking recently.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,314 of 24,683
I understand all of the wanting for updates but i completely agree that we cannot rush things nor Bob. Development takes time whether we like it or not. I really understand that you wanna see some results even if they're little but sometimes it is impossible.

All i can say, from personal experience, is that Bob won't let you down. His products are worth the wait. If some of you have already some trinity products think what they would be if they were rushed at their development stage. Not that good is what i imagine because trinity has a special kind of attention to the details imo. The filters available in 2 lengths are a perfect example.

If the master 4 are getting filters like the deltas, that's a huge improvement because besides the bass you can also adjust the treble, and to my eyes that's a huge plus. 
wink.gif
 A little wait for this feature is more than worth it isn't it? Just a thought.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2,315 of 24,683

Over the past 2 weeks the updates have been very few. It would be helpful just to keep the updates coming on a regular basis as to what's happening. I'm okay with the delay of the final finished product. We the buyers benefit from a better and a quality product. But need regular updates which has been sorely lacking recently.

I see what you're saying. I can't argue with that but Bob has been busy for a good cause and he usually answers all the questions even when he's busy so if he's not posting much maybe it's because he really can't.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #2,316 of 24,683
Here's my two cents. Bob and Trinity audio Are doing done something that very few companies ever do. They involve their customer in the most intimate way. We are very lucky and fortunate that he has taken this approach.

However, by doing so he is putting himself out on a limb. He is trying to promise us the best products at the best price and in the fastest way possible. But by involving, the community into the product development and obtaining it's feedback with an open mind that will benefit the product and improve the sound quality he has put himself in a difficult position. He has to go back reassess and revise to utilize this feedback and unfortunately that affects the timeline and release dates in a way that is not so predictable.

He could like nearly 100% other companies ignore this information and just put out the product that he thinks is OK. This works for many companies but how often does that leave the consumer wanting something more.

I understand the desire for updates and information. I am as anxious as everyone else but I have come to realize this is what makes Bob and Trinity audio such a gem. But by involving the community this has created some unexpected issues.

As impatient as I am I now realize it is so much more important to get what I really want and I really believe that Bob will deliver this.

So in my case, I have just accepted the fact that I have to bite my tongue and put my selfish desire and impatience aside. I would prefer to wait an extra month or two to get a product that I will be happy with and enjoy potentially for years. Under those conditions what does a short delay matter.

I understand it's difficult for companies to do this but we have one that is willing to do it and we should embrace that.

How often do companies delay their products and overpromise leaving us so disappointed. We spend our hard earned money and don't end up with the best product available because they over promised and under delivered.

The thought that I can get a product at a fantastic price with excellent quality and a fantastic sound signature with the ability to customize it to my liking, was something I didn't even think was possible.

In all of this Bob tries his best to answer questions provide information and details while he's actively developing a product. I am sure he would love to deliver the product tomorrow to all of us with all of these features but it's just not possible.

Patients is the hardest part because of how much we desire what he is developing.

Bob take your time and provide the best product that makes you content because in the long term we will all appreciate it a thousand percent and the small delays will be forgotten very quickly.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,317 of 24,683
Delay = more time to save money = more money to spend on audio stuff = no more money
The endless loop 
gs1000.gif

Don't really mind minor delays too myself since I backed some kickstarter project which have yet to deliver for almost half a year till now

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #2,318 of 24,683
  All this is fine. It would be nice if @Bobtrinity can post some updates now and then. I can understand it being hectic and busy, but it is a good practice to have regular updates. Not seen any lately but speculations from head-fi members.

+1 
Just one questio? will the M4 more v-shaped or more neutral (Atlas vs. Delta both with some neutral filter)?

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #2,319 of 24,683
you bought a product that not only not in stock but also not built yet. thats probably why i didnt buy it.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #2,320 of 24,683

All this is fine. It would be nice if @Bobtrinity can post some updates now and then. I can understand it being hectic and busy, but it is a good practice to have regular updates. Not seen any lately but speculations from head-fi members.

I agree

I agree we can cut slack and we have been very patient, however business is still business and deadlines are reality for all engineers and businessmen.  It's not too much to ask for what was promised.

What exactly has been promised with regards to the the Phantom series? The Sabre is the only one that has gone on pre-order and been late. Any other delays have nothing to do with promises. Bob said he wanted to launch the Kickstarter in late March/early April, that is not a promise. That is expressing a wish.

While I'd like to be updated, Bob doesn't have a big crew, and his HeadFi presence is already admirable. Most product developers don't work with the community like he does. We should be saluting him for involving us, not denigrating him for imaginary promises.

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #2,323 of 24,683

What would you prefer?

1. That Bob works as hard as possible to finish the product(s)

2. That Bob spend his time here giving information that surely will give more questions forcing him to spend even more time here

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #2,325 of 24,683
What would you prefer?

1. That Bob works as hard as possible to finish the product(s)

2. That Bob spend his time here giving information that surely will give more questions forcing him to spend even more time here

Excellent points. At last count, Bob and his team are finishing/launching the following:

Phantom Sabre (shipping)
Vyrus (reworking prior to shipping)
Master 4 (preorder)
Master 6 (reworking prior to KS launch)
Phantom Air (KS launch)
Phantom Hunter (launching)

Along with the Bluetoith cables from the Atlas project.

The fact that Bobtrinity finds time to get on here at all is a miracle at the moment. Have a bit of patience and we will hopefully all be rewarded with some truly excellent audio gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back