TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 22, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #21,377 of 24,683
Considering hosting costs can be a tad expensive for a company that had multiple financial hurdles like Trinity, they might be co-leasing with Bob. All speculation that doesn't really get us further answers. :p

All of this pinging and whois'ing etc. is utter bull bleep... It just doesn't matter who uses what IP via shopify -- until we hear any official answer from Bob, IMR, or Trinity about their relationship! Or, put another way, who gives a hoot what IP they have? Why spend bits discussing it? DONE

Well for actual training, the only two on the market I would recommend are the Liberty+ and the Phazons... Problem is the Phazons are still in prototyping stage and not in production. I have a feeling the Liberty+ will deliver first.
Ummmm... The Liberty+'s are ALSO not in production yet either.

I picked up a factory refurbed Bragi set for $99 on Amazon while waiting for my Airs. Works very well (except, as with almost all IEMs, the isolation sucks to me). AND, while I'm not going to use it, it does sound like a nice feature for some that it'll track your heart rate while swimming (and jogging of course)... A nice touch that your smart watch or phone might not do.

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #21,379 of 24,683
All of this pinging and whois'ing etc. is utter bull bleep... It just doesn't matter who uses what IP via shopify -- until we hear any official answer from Bob, IMR, or Trinity about their relationship! Or, put another way, who gives a hoot what IP they have? Why spend bits discussing it? DONE

But I thought this was the destroy Trinity at all costs thread

Aug 22, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #21,380 of 24,683

Ummmm... The Liberty+'s are ALSO not in production yet either.

I picked up a factory refurbed Bragi set for $99 on Amazon while waiting for my Airs. Works very well (except, as with almost all IEMs, the isolation sucks to me). AND, while I'm not going to use it, it does sound like a nice feature for some that it'll track your heart rate while swimming (and jogging of course)... A nice touch that your smart watch or phone might not do.

For the speculation part, yeah. That was pretty much the point I made at the end. :p

As for the Liberty+, I know they are ALSO not in production. But they have a production ready prototype and they promise big, just like Phazon. Having seen many of the TW's out there, Liberty+ and Phazons are the only ones worth looking at in their respective price range. Bragi refurbed might be a good deal, but full price is a whole other price range.

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #21,381 of 24,683
Well I know of 4 Hunters for sure: me, @harpo1, @Jackpot77, and @Remiam7. And then I imagine there's probably at least a few others in the positive thread, but yes, if that number is accurate, then a majority of Hunters apparently weren't sold to active members of the Head-Fi community.
Well I know of 4 Hunters for sure: me, @harpo1, @Jackpot77, and @Remiam7. And then I imagine there's probably at least a few others in the positive thread, but yes, if that number is accurate, then a majority of Hunters apparently weren't sold to active members of the Head-Fi community.
I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to get the Hunters. I listen to them just about every day. I also sent my email to get the Litz cable, and I received them relatively quickly. So I've been listening balanced through a RSA Kobicon connector. The Hunters have over 100 hours, but the cable doesn't yet.

I find them to be clear and detailed. I have gunmetal filters and feel that the bass sound and impact is perfect. I initially liked the red and the silver for bass too, but it felt like my seal was too tight and caused too much pressure with filters that didn't have a port hole. The soundstage is wide and well presented. I put JVC Spiral Dots on them for tips. I think that the wide bore tips really helped open up soundstage.

I'm using the Hunter with Cayin N3 and RSA Intruder.
FLAC 16/44 > N3 > usb out > RSA Hunter > Trinity Balanced Litz cable > Hunter burnt titanium > Gunmetal Filter > JVC Spiral Dots.

Here is my review of the N3. The Hunter was the primary iem used.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ca...lity-digital-audio-player-black.22343/reviews

I also recently received the Icarus 3. I've only got about 30 minutes on them. I was doing some testing between the Hunter and the Icarus 3. The Icky3 does have a fun sound to them. But I much more prefer the detail retrieval of the Hunter. I was listening to a recent rip of Chicago's greatest hits. I listened to the song "I'm a Man" It starts out with a deep thudding bass line. And there is someone snapping their fingers in time. It sounds like it is coming from behind you. Very faint. One of those things that makes you look around to see if you wife came into your office. Then drums enter. Third percussion sticks in the far left sound field with cowbell added next. Organ come in on the right side.

With the Hunter everything sounds clear and natural, you hear the finger snaps behind you, and you can place the location of the instruments as they come into the song. With the Icky3, you cannot hear the finger snaps, the sound field is closed in, and the percussion sticks sound dull and lifeless. I much more prefer the clarity of the hunter.

I have not yet figured out where the Icky3 fits in my life. I have the N3>Intruder>Hunter sitting next to me on my desk at work. I use ipod nano>RSA Predator>Trinity Delta VII for out and about. I use Fiio M3>Trinity Delta (Original) while cutting the grass.

As for the Hunter, I posted a couple of things here and there, but didn't want to rub it in that I received one while so many are waiting. And this thread hasn't been conducive to positive Trinity statements lately. And by lately, I mean in the past 6 months or more. :p

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #21,382 of 24,683
I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to get the Hunters. I listen to them just about every day. I also sent my email to get the Litz cable, and I received them relatively quickly. So I've been listening balanced through a RSA Kobicon connector. The Hunters have over 100 hours, but the cable doesn't yet.

I find them to be clear and detailed. I have gunmetal filters and feel that the bass sound and impact is perfect. I initially liked the red and the silver for bass too, but it felt like my seal was too tight and caused too much pressure with filters that didn't have a port hole. The soundstage is wide and well presented. I put JVC Spiral Dots on them for tips. I think that the wide bore tips really helped open up soundstage.

I'm using the Hunter with Cayin N3 and RSA Intruder.
FLAC 16/44 > N3 > usb out > RSA Hunter > Trinity Balanced Litz cable > Hunter burnt titanium > Gunmetal Filter > JVC Spiral Dots.

Here is my review of the N3. The Hunter was the primary iem used.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ca...lity-digital-audio-player-black.22343/reviews

I also recently received the Icarus 3. I've only got about 30 minutes on them. I was doing some testing between the Hunter and the Icarus 3. The Icky3 does have a fun sound to them. But I much more prefer the detail retrieval of the Hunter. I was listening to a recent rip of Chicago's greatest hits. I listened to the song "I'm a Man" It starts out with a deep thudding bass line. And there is someone snapping their fingers in time. It sounds like it is coming from behind you. Very faint. One of those things that makes you look around to see if you wife came into your office. Then drums enter. Third percussion sticks in the far left sound field with cowbell added next. Organ come in on the right side.

With the Hunter everything sounds clear and natural, you hear the finger snaps behind you, and you can place the location of the instruments as they come into the song. With the Icky3, you cannot hear the finger snaps, the sound field is closed in, and the percussion sticks sound dull and lifeless. I much more prefer the clarity of the hunter.

I have not yet figured out where the Icky3 fits in my life. I have the N3>Intruder>Hunter sitting next to me on my desk at work. I use ipod nano>RSA Predator>Trinity Delta VII for out and about. I use Fiio M3>Trinity Delta (Original) while cutting the grass.

As for the Hunter, I posted a couple of things here and there, but didn't want to rub it in that I received one while so many are waiting. And this thread hasn't been conducive to positive Trinity statements lately. And by lately, I mean in the past 6 months or more. :p

Which filters did you use on the Icarus 3?

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #21,383 of 24,683
Which filters did you use on the Icarus 3?
Gunmetal.
I'm pretty much a gunmetal filter guy across all the Trinity lineup. I will say that I have not done a filter roll experiment on the Icky3. Maybe I will at some point. But with Gunmetal being my preference with the 3 other Trinity iem, I figured it would be safe to start there.

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #21,385 of 24,683
Ok, so Kieran replied after a week of me sending an email: Airs are shipping as we speak, NO REFUNDS... PM6's arrive this week, will ship once received, NO REFUNDS...

Sigh. PM6 and Air for sale to whoever wants them...
Good luck selling the Airs. I was the first to get the second gens and they're still not that good. Less dropouts but they are still there more than the other bluetooth IEM's that I have and the battery life is crap.

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #21,387 of 24,683
Gunmetal.
I'm pretty much a gunmetal filter guy across all the Trinity lineup. I will say that I have not done a filter roll experiment on the Icky3. Maybe I will at some point. But with Gunmetal being my preference with the 3 other Trinity iem, I figured it would be safe to start there.

Ok yes they certainly did sound better than the purple ones that came as stock on mine. I think I prefer the orange undampened ones though... they sound a little more open and have a slightly deeper bass response.

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #21,389 of 24,683
Good luck selling the Airs. I was the first to get the second gens and they're still not that good. Less dropouts but they are still there more than the other bluetooth IEM's that I have and the battery life is crap.

Well that's encouraging, so you're basically telling us that we're screwed into paying for a product that doesn't work right? Yay... I'm done with Crowdfunding, man. DONE. :p

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #21,390 of 24,683
Gunmetal.

I used silver on both the PM4 and Master, but not the Icarus III. I tried the Gold undampened and it is by far the best filter for me. Opens up the sound stage significantly and still gives you the low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back