TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #21,346 of 24,683
The paranoia might be getting to some, they are just both using Shopify, as are many other sites, lol.

Details for 23.227.38.32
IP: 23.227.38.32
Decimal: 400762400
Hostname: 23.227.38.32
ASN: 62679
ISP: Shopify
Organization: Shopify
Services: None detected
Type: Corporate
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:
Continent:
North America
ca.png

State/Region: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Latitude: 45.4166 (45° 24′ 59.76″ N)
Longitude: -75.6904 (75° 41′ 25.44″ W)
Postal Code: K2P

And when you look at other Shopify stores including some created in the past year vs Trinity that has been around for several years you find they use one of the other 8000+ IPs that Shopify has online. Businesses tend to distribute customers across servers rather than pile them up in the same place unless they happen to be on the same Master account.

Worst random coincidence ever for Bob I'm sure...

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #21,347 of 24,683
And when you look at other Shopify stores including some created in the past year vs Trinity that has been around for several years you find they use one of the other 8000+ IPs that Shopify has online. Businesses tend to distribute customers across servers rather than pile them up in the same place unless they happen to be on the same Master account.

Worst random coincidence ever for Bob I'm sure...

That's not entirely true. Multiple SaaS/hosting services tend to redirect all created services to a specific cluster which is closest to their customers. If that cluster has 1 public IP, but multiple backend services, they could be in the same farm, the same public IP, but different host/DB.

It still is a possibility that Bob is piggybacking off Trinity's infrastructure though. Considering hosting costs can be a tad expensive for a company that had multiple financial hurdles like Trinity, they might be co-leasing with Bob. All speculation that doesn't really get us further answers. :p

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #21,348 of 24,683
You mean Vyrus V1 coming? Can you post comparison between Vyrus V1 and V2?

Yes, sorry, the #1. Can't because I don't have a #2. Only TA product I have is the Techne and it's ok for the money

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #21,350 of 24,683
So... if the Air is "Shipping" this week, do we think that means they're finally sending the batch on a big boat ride to their re-shipper in AL, or are they actually shipping it to to us this week?
Man, at this point, I just wanna see it in my mailbox within the next 2 months. I mean, it's within the sorta time period I'd expect for a KS campaign normally, but I wasn't expecting it for this one because the design stage was supposedly already done with QC checks in place and fully ready for scaling up production. KS campaigns where I expect this to happen are the ones where people say that small-scale production for testing would happen after the end of the campaign before a large-scale production run for actual consumer shipping happens. For example, the Liberty+ specifically says that there will be 2 trial productions after the KS before mass production begins. Ora's GrapheneQ headphones state manufacturing tooling and 2 productions after the KS campaign ends. These are the sort of campaigns where I expect a good possibility for delays.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #21,351 of 24,683
Man, at this point, I just wanna see it in my mailbox within the next 2 months. I mean, it's within the sorta time period I'd expect for a KS campaign normally, but I wasn't expecting it for this one because the design stage was supposedly already done with QC checks in place and fully ready for scaling up production. KS campaigns where I expect this to happen are the ones where people say that small-scale production for testing would happen after the end of the campaign before a large-scale production run for actual consumer shipping happens. For example, the Liberty+ specifically says that there will be 2 trial productions after the KS before mass production begins. Ora's GrapheneQ headphones state manufacturing tooling and 2 productions after the KS campaign ends. These are the sort of campaigns where I expect a good possibility for delays.

Did you go in for the Liberty+? I'm in for that (as well as the Air) and don't know what I'll do when I eventually (hopefully) have both. Have been impressed by the updates from Liberty+ so far.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #21,352 of 24,683
Did you go in for the Liberty+? I'm in for that (as well as the Air) and don't know what I'll do when I eventually (hopefully) have both. Have been impressed by the updates from Liberty+ so far.

Liberty+ is backed by Anker, which specializes in batteries and BT audio gear... That and they have an in-ear locking tech (Which they "borrowed" from someone else) which I've personally tested and works great. To be honest, if I wasn't STUCK with this Trinity nonsense, I would be onboard with Liberty+. The only element where I think they won't compete is audio quality. But hardware wise, they'll probably be the ones to beat.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #21,353 of 24,683
Liberty+ is backed by Anker, which specializes in batteries and BT audio gear... That and they have an in-ear locking tech (Which they "borrowed" from someone else) which I've personally tested and works great. To be honest, if I wasn't STUCK with this Trinity nonsense, I would be onboard with Liberty+. The only element where I think they won't compete is audio quality. But hardware wise, they'll probably be the ones to beat.

Well that's interesting to know. I'm only after something to wear whilst out running, as I hate running with any kind of cable so sound quality isn't my biggest concern. Equally battery life doesn't have to be stellar, but if I ever get back my fitness levels I used to have 2-3 hours battery life would be very useful.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #21,354 of 24,683
Well that's interesting to know. I'm only after something to wear whilst out running, as I hate running with any kind of cable so sound quality isn't my biggest concern. Equally battery life doesn't have to be stellar, but if I ever get back my fitness levels I used to have 2-3 hours battery life would be very useful.
This was also one of the reasons I went for a fully wireless IEM.

On different note, dammit, I was intending to listen to my M7 Pro while checking out the eclipse today, but I forgot them at home. Looks like I'll be using the Hifiman Edition S then.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #21,355 of 24,683

Well for actual training, the only two on the market I would recommend are the Liberty+ and the Phazons... Problem is the Phazons are still in prototyping stage and not in production. I have a feeling the Liberty+ will deliver first.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #21,356 of 24,683
Well for actual training, the only two on the market I would recommend are the Liberty+ and the Phazons... Problem is the Phazons are still in prototyping stage and not in production. I have a feeling the Liberty+ will deliver first.
Those Phazon look really interesting, as I'm already in for the Liberty+ I'll pass for the moment though. One thing I certainly don't need is any kind of tracking or heartrate monitor in them (as some are trying to offer), I have a smartwatch for that, or rather I will when my new one turns up at the end of Sept, sold the Fitbit to my sister.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #21,357 of 24,683
Those Phazon look really interesting, as I'm already in for the Liberty+ I'll pass for the moment though. One thing I certainly don't need is any kind of tracking or heartrate monitor in them (as some are trying to offer), I have a smartwatch for that, or rather I will when my new one turns up at the end of Sept, sold the Fitbit to my sister.

I've been onboard for the phazons since last year... Backed it because the people running it are in my backyard in Montreal. :wink: But I'm just wondering if they'll be able to even deliver... They've finally hit a milestone concerning connectivity, as in no breakouts between the left and right bud... But they're not producing any of these yet. Time will tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back