TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 18, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #21,290 of 24,683
Brooko,, look into the data protection issue if your so interested in this forum

Voxie - that is not this forum's issue (in fact it has nothing to do with head-Fi at all). That is an issue for members to take up with Trinity. I would suggest if enough of you are concerned, seek legal advice, and look at a possible class action.

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #21,291 of 24,683
I'm going to quote what I just posted in another thread - for me this is closure (for now) on the Bob / IMR thing.

Hmm didn't realize LZ made another IEM. The big dipper is pretty interesting. Going to have to read your review on it. Still pricy but I'm sure the cost justifies the tech and effort they put into it. Other companies with this amount of drivers are surely even more expensive. What gets me is the toggle switches. These guys are thinking out of the box. I just wonder about the longevity of those switches compared to just tuning with filters which have no electronic components that could fail.

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #21,292 of 24,683
Hmm didn't realize LZ made another IEM. The big dipper is pretty interesting. Going to have to read your review on it. Still pricy but I'm sure the cost justifies the tech and effort they put into it. Other companies with this amount of drivers are surely even more expensive. What gets me is the toggle switches. These guys are thinking out of the box. I just wonder about the longevity of those switches compared to just tuning with filters which have no electronic components that could fail.

Put it this way - how many times (with filtered IEMs) do you change filters. Most people I know get to the setting they like and leave it there. Its good to know its there though if your tastes (or your hearing) changes. I lower the treble now - I may have to raise it in another 10 years :)

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #21,293 of 24,683
Put it this way - how many times (with filtered IEMs) do you change filters. Most people I know get to the setting they like and leave it there. Its good to know its there though if your tastes (or your hearing) changes. I lower the treble now - I may have to raise it in another 10 years :)
I spent 21 years in the Air Force working on electronic equipment. Almost all this equipment utilized these dip switches. Some had to be change weekly and monthly and failed every couple years. So my recommendation is not to mess with them too much.

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #21,294 of 24,683
I like cake.

cial.jpg

:D

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #21,299 of 24,683
Hey guys, my icarus iii are on its way, and I'm planning to buy cayin c5 amp, will the icarus III benefit from using an amp? My dap is dx90. I really need your advice :D thanks
@31usive I've used the c5 with master and iPod classic with such success
Hey guys, my icarus iii are on its way, and I'm planning to buy cayin c5 amp, will the icarus III benefit from using an amp? My dap is dx90. I really need your advice :D thanks
@31usive When I had the master i used the c5 with what i thought was great success. I used it with iPod classic and the stack was not that cumbersome. When I use the Opus 1 i don't feel the need for the c5. The bass boost is really nice on the Master so I assume it would be on the IcarusIII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back