TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #21,256 of 24,683
I think he means "better" in a holistic sense, not just SQ - like, "for 500 quid, you could buy known, high sound and build quality IEMs that will be delivered to you within a couple weeks and an excellent customer service team to accompany it." Which is true, and things that Trinity and I'm very much sure IMR still sorely lack.

So you are speaking for Paul now? I mean I find your answer to be subjective as well as iem's themselves to each their own! Yes, you may very well be right but you could end up being wrong if the R1 is a true challenger to other $500 iem's. My point is until several people have reviewed them (Honestly, which I have doubt many can now do with the cloud that has been cast/propagated out here) for all to make up their own minds. You are also passing judgment on IMR as to my knowledge they have not even been given the chance to show what customer service they will be offering:scream: I can tell you from all I've seen over the years it's much easier to hop aboard the hate train as opposed to taking the time to decide if maybe we should catch the knowledge train:wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #21,258 of 24,683
So you are speaking for Paul now? I mean I find your answer to be subjective as well as iem's themselves to each their own! Yes, you may very well be right but you could end up being wrong if the R1 is a true challenger to other $500 iem's. My point is until several people have reviewed them (Honestly, which I have doubt many can now do with the cloud that has been cast/propagated out here) for all to make up their own minds. You are also passing judgment on IMR as to my knowledge they have not even been given the chance to show what customer service they will be offering:scream: I can tell you from all I've seen over the years it's much easier to hop aboard the hate train (those un-hooded folks in Charlottesville come to mind here) as opposed to taking the time to decide if maybe we should catch the knowledge train:wink:
@Podster ...Its a legacy issue with regard to all the issues surrounding Trinity and this is now been transferred to IMR, its called loosing faith and trust in a brand. Members here can see the smoke screen that is developing." If you feel it, it is it" as in a hunch! Reputation, trust, communication, and all the clichés surrounding best practice in business have been lost.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #21,259 of 24,683
Hi, so I am a long time lurker here ang just received my Icarus III this morning and I encountered a problem. The threading on the left earpiece is really loose and none of the filters screw in. The right one works fine though. What should I do?

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #21,261 of 24,683
Hi, so I am a long time lurker here ang just received my Icarus III this morning and I encountered a problem. The threading on the left earpiece is really loose and none of the filters screw in. The right one works fine though. What should I do?
I had exactly the same issue (also in the left...). Emailed Keiran and he shipped out a whole replacement pair the same day, before I'd even returned the faulty ones.

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #21,262 of 24,683
@Podster ...Its a legacy issue with regard to all the issues surrounding Trinity and this is now been transferred to IMR, its called loosing faith and trust in a brand. Members here can see the smoke screen that is developing." If you feel it, it is it" as in a hunch! Reputation, trust, communication, and all the clichés surrounding best practice in business have been lost.

Well apparently even Keiran and Trinity are trying to clean up their end of the legacy based on T&C's post above but Bob's legacy pre 06/16 and corporate takeover was the Trinity of 2015 when customer service was second to none in this industry IMO (we won't even mention the openness of the Engineer to communicate openly in this forum). I may not know all the issues but I do no when Bob was preoccupied with production issues and unfortunately CS was taken over by Jake who had the people skills and response times of a dead turtle baking in the sun. Once again my legacy was pre the CS issues with Trinity and like so many want to blame it on the engineer I choose the opposite and put it squarely on the shoulders of those who took over the business end of what Bob started. Most of the time I don't believe in bailing when the going gets tough but when the going is unreasonable I get the hell out of dodge ala Bob/IMR!

Like has been said more than one time unless you were there and know all that has gone down you are as subjective as anyone else in your opinion, same for mine on the legacy of Bob T. Everyone here is welcome to what they want to believe as am I, as well as someday either camp may end up eating their own words should the whole truth ever be exposed but like pulled post that day may never come. I know exactly how legacies work and can tell you I have been with large corporations who have merged on multiple companies who in turn fought legacy cultures left and right, a lot of those also never see the light of day to the buying public but those who work within the internals know it all:wink: As I say to each their own, I choose to stick with Bob/IMR:grin: Call it a hunch or at least my hunch:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #21,263 of 24,683
I would like to point out that at least in this email the pre order is with payment two weeks before shipment not before.

"two more weeks..."

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #21,264 of 24,683
"two more weeks..."

See, this is how this stuff gets started! He is referring to the IMR/R1 emailing stating if you pre order the R1 with expected shipping date of Oct. 9th your card will not be charged until two weeks prior to that ship date:smirk: Jeez Louis

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #21,265 of 24,683
See, this is how this stuff gets started! He is referring to the IMR/R1 emailing stating if you pre order the R1 with expected shipping date of Oct. 9th your card will not be charged until two weeks prior to that ship date:smirk: Jeez Louis

i know exactly what he's referring to. how many times have we heard 'two more weeks' from bob regarding shipping? it's the joke that keeps on giving.

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #21,266 of 24,683
Just email them with photo and they will replace them.

I had exactly the same issue (also in the left...). Emailed Keiran and he shipped out a whole replacement pair the same day, before I'd even returned the faulty ones.
Thank! I just emailed Kieran and hopefully they quickly send out a new pair because the suspense is killing me! :ksc75smile:

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #21,267 of 24,683
i know exactly what he's referring to. how many times have we heard 'two more weeks' from bob regarding shipping? it's the joke that keeps on giving.

You mean from the Bob/Trinity inquiry mailbox? Everyone is positive it was Bob's response and not just replied with Bob at the end? Now if it's from Bob's email into you personal email you have something legit otherwise I'm not sure just who after 06/16/2016 was answering emails from the Trinity internal boxes, do you I mean really?

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #21,268 of 24,683
Well apparently even Keiran and Trinity are trying to clean up their end of the legacy based on T&C's post above but Bob's legacy pre 06/16 and corporate takeover was the Trinity of 2015 when customer service was second to none in this industry IMO (we won't even mention the openness of the Engineer to communicate openly in this forum). I may not know all the issues but I do no when Bob was preoccupied with production issues and unfortunately CS was taken over by Jake who had the people skills and response times of a dead turtle baking in the sun. Once again my legacy was pre the CS issues with Trinity and like so many want to blame it on the engineer I choose the opposite and put it squarely on the shoulders of those who took over the business end of what Bob started. Most of the time I don't believe in bailing when the going gets tough but when the going is unreasonable I get the hell out of dodge ala Bob/IMR!

Like has been said more than one time unless you were there and know all that has gone down you are as subjective as anyone else in your opinion, same for mine on the legacy of Bob T. Everyone here is welcome to what they want to believe as am I, as well as someday either camp may end up eating their own words should the whole truth ever be exposed but like pulled post that day may never come. I know exactly how legacies work and can tell you I have been with large corporations who have merged on multiple companies who in turn fought legacy cultures left and right, a lot of those also never see the light of day to the buying public but those who work within the internals know it all:wink: As I say to each their own, I choose to stick with Bob/IMR:grin: Call it a hunch or at least my hunch:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@Podster ...agree. Have bought from Bob since the RockJaw years. Have followed him and purchased four different iems since he has been with Trinity. But who know what goes on behind closed doors:beerchug:

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #21,269 of 24,683
@Podster ...agree. Have bought from Bob since the RockJaw years. Have followed him and purchased four different iems since he has been with Trinity. But who know what goes on behind closed doors:beerchug:

Granted @voxie but if you have followed him all this time you know as well as I do (once again speaking of legacy) Bob has never given me reason to believe he has never been anything other than who we've always thought him to be, I even find it hard that they (as in coporate takeover) persuaded him to be something he's not! IMO when big time production issues arose he may have gotten cornered and made a few bad decisions (which I'm also 100% sure he regrets if so) but once again even I'm doing some speculation here. Mind you as soon as he started to faulter/fall from his morn I stated emailing him at the personal level. I think what it is generally called is railroading and IMO that is why we/he is at the place we are today. YMMV

Oh @dullknives , I missed the sarcasm portion of that one:rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back