TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #21,271 of 24,683
To be honest, I hesitated when I saw the IMR R1... And I hesitated jumping onboard to another preorder yet again. Considering all the risks involved, I'll pass...

I do agree though that the Trinity/IMR/Bob situation has a lot of unknowns which we will not get an answer to. Personally, I'm just done with all the drama. :p

Yep, I think I will move on too.

I would love to move on too but as I was refused my refund, I'm pretty much stuck here. I'm jealous of everyone here that got their refunds.

I don't care who is running what company. I just want my money back.

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #21,273 of 24,683
I would love to move on too but as I was refused my refund, I'm pretty much stuck here. I'm jealous of everyone here that got their refunds.

I don't care who is running what company. I just want my money back.

Don't get me wrong, I was also refused a refund on Indiegogo. It's an expensive mistake, but at least I got everything else refunded. By moving on, I meant that I wouldn't be getting involved in another preorder with no clear product delivery date.

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #21,274 of 24,683
I may not know all the issues but I do no when Bob was preoccupied with production issues and unfortunately CS was taken over by Jake who had the people skills and response times of a dead turtle baking in the sun. Once again my legacy was pre the CS issues with Trinity and like so many want to blame it on the engineer I choose the opposite and put it squarely on the shoulders of those who took over the business end of what Bob started. Most of the time I don't believe in bailing when the going gets tough but when the going is unreasonable I get the hell out of dodge ala Bob/IMR!

May I enquire to the speculation of truth of the named above and alleged attributes to the kingdom of mammal ...

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #21,277 of 24,683
Just email them with photo and they will replace them.

I have the same problem and I don't want to mess with Trinity anymore. Just took the gunmetal filters off my similarly defective Phantom Master 4 and it works. My last ever Trinity product. My wife gets the Icarus III and I'll keep on using Noble X with JVC spiral dots or Hifiman tips.

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #21,278 of 24,683

May I enquire to the speculation of truth of the named above and alleged attributes to the kingdom of mammal ...

PASSWORD?

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #21,282 of 24,683
Have you guys ever had a brownie cake with cookie dough flavored filling though?

Brownie-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Cake_side-layers.jpg

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #21,283 of 24,683
Aug 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #21,285 of 24,683
I'm going to quote what I just posted in another thread - for me this is closure (for now) on the Bob / IMR thing.

I had a back and forth with Bob last night by email. There is no bad blood. He explained a few things - which seem plausible. I can't go into them for obvious reasons. He assures me they are completely separate (from TA) and he's going to be running his own cutter.

He did express interest for me to at least review their gear when the dust settles, and knows it will take a long time to build a brand again. I'll let others do the reviewing. At this stage I expect to have another 4-6 months, and then intend to jack it in (the reviewing). I could keep it up (I still get a lot of offers), but TBH I'm finding now that I'm close to my own personal end-game, I'd just like to listen to music more and write about the gear less.

Anyway (Bob if you are reading) - definitely no bad blood. I guess proof is in the delivery. If you can keep the delivery / payment promise that'll go a long way to restoring faith. For me personally - although I know I can keep the sample LZ Big Dipper I have, I'm arranging to buy it (as its a "keeper" for me - and likely to be one of my "end-games").

All I'd suggest is for people intending to deal with IMR:
  • go into it with open eyes
  • stick to 1 purchase at a time
  • give Bob a chance to prove he's the real deal - and lets see what he can come up with
I won't be on board this one. Sticking with the Dipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back