TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #18,947 of 24,683
Are we traveling back and forth between alternate realities where products do and do not ship..are okay or actually still have problems?
I really do not get this company anymore. Such a shame after a great start :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #18,948 of 24,683
It is now June 26th, 4 months after I emailed Jake at Trinity to tell him I'd damaged a set of Phantom Sabres I'd received only the previous day (from a Head-Fier) - Feb 19th, broke left earphone in my sleep, contacted Feb 20th.

Sent out Feb 21st. Despite numerous promises and updates I have not received my replacement set. 4 months of this crap. I can only imagine how long some of you ITT have been waiting for your KS rewards. What in the f*ck are they playing at? Making all these promises and taking all these preorders and then not fulfilling them, and basically LYING about the circumstances? That's disgraceful behaviour. I was maybe interested in some of their forthcoming products on the Icarus line, but they're not getting a f*cking cent from me. Worst customer service I've seen/dealt with from anyone I've done business with online.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #18,950 of 24,683
Are we traveling back and forth between alternate realities where products do and do not ship..are okay or actually still have problems?
I really do not get this company anymore. Such a shame after a great start :frowning2:
They're currently renting an office in a box. A cat is leasing the office space next to them, but since they haven't see it in a while, they don't know if the cat is dead or alive.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #18,951 of 24,683
Just for everyone's benefit, Trinity's position as of 5 days ago:

Your Indiegogo rewards unfortunately we are currently trying to solve the solution to the battery problem for the Airs. The Master 6 and Hunter we are waiting for more to come in 2 weeks time and then we will ship your orders right away, also they will both be sent tracked.

The Icarus III is estimated for shipping in late June, whilst the Icarus IV is estimated for shipping in July. The Icarus I will soon have a release date for shipping. We inform customers before purchasing a product that shipping dates can change. See website link about preorders.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #18,952 of 24,683
Just for everyone's benefit, Trinity's position as of 5 days ago:

Your Indiegogo rewards unfortunately we are currently trying to solve the solution to the battery problem for the Airs. The Master 6 and Hunter we are waiting for more to come in 2 weeks time and then we will ship your orders right away, also they will both be sent tracked.

The Icarus III is estimated for shipping in late June, whilst the Icarus IV is estimated for shipping in July. The Icarus I will soon have a release date for shipping. We inform customers before purchasing a product that shipping dates can change. See website link about preorders.

Getting mixed messages about the real status of the Airs. If they plan on selling these in the marketplace, then it will be necessary to achieve at least 3-4 hours for a single use. I have only noticed a handful getting less.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #18,953 of 24,683
Getting mixed messages about the real status of the Airs. If they plan on selling these in the marketplace, then it will be necessary to achieve at least 3-4 hours for a single use. I have only noticed a handful getting less.

My understanding of the air was that it was a 1 shot venture and wouldn't be a regular product.

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #18,954 of 24,683
My understanding of the air was that it was a 1 shot venture and wouldn't be a regular product.

I had not heard that. Don't really care how long it takes as long as they achieve what was proposed. I think the metal shell is a major issue with both problems. Perhaps use a 3D printer to make a shell from a durable plastic, and see how that works out.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #18,955 of 24,683
Still waiting for my PM6's, bought them back in Oct via KS. (Missed the pre-order) wanted my colleagues who I worked with during the time to collect them back in Feb when it was due to ship. I left my workplace for studies, 4 months later I'm back at the workplace and my earphones are still not here yet. Absolutely frustrating, and I've tried to be as patient as I can.

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #18,956 of 24,683

If that is the case... Where did the 150£ retail price come from?

I have a feeling that with all the difficulty and problems, that they won't go to retail unless they can resolve everything, but if everything is properly resolved then they can't afford to not sell wireless buds.

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #18,957 of 24,683
Exactly the same as me

I am worried people are now going to the credit cards for refunds. This is usually the beginning of the end. The bank refunds the money, then goes to the vendor, and banks aren't as nice as Kickstarter funders.....

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #18,958 of 24,683
99-Classics-Headphones-04.jpg
As I'm sitting here with my Meze99's. I'm thinking of refunding my PM6 order as well.

I'm thinking I could spend that money towards something cool. But then it's fun just to see if PM6 can even come anywhere close to quality of Meze99 Classics.
I'm holding on for now.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #18,960 of 24,683
If that is the case... Where did the 150£ retail price come from?

I have a feeling that with all the difficulty and problems, that they won't go to retail unless they can resolve everything, but if everything is properly resolved then they can't afford to not sell wireless buds.
At the outset, it seemed like a continuous production model. In hindsight, it seems like a marketing ploy. Kind of like how MSRPs are set in MassDrop collaborations. For example, the Fostex TH-X00 has a drop price of $400 and an MSRP of $600, but we all know that the price is always and only ever going to be the $400 listed there. That said, the Air situation is different from the MassDrop one in the sense that the MassDrop collabs are always in relatively high quantity.

Another possibility would be that it was initially envisioned to be a KS early bird campaign with production runs after at MSRP, but after all the stuff going on recently, the decision could've been made to simply do the KS run and be done with it. Pure speculation of course since we aren't even told what stage the current production is at let alone plans on whether or not it continues. Still, a distinct possibility and one I hope isn't happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back