TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #18,976 of 24,683
I have cancelled my pm6 order. Still have the icarus III order.

Question: Is the icarus 3 a triple driver or dual driver?
I have the the atlas, which im quite happy with, should the icarus III be an upgrade to that?

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #18,977 of 24,683
I had not heard that. Don't really care how long it takes as long as they achieve what was proposed. I think the metal shell is a major issue with both problems. Perhaps use a 3D printer to make a shell from a durable plastic, and see how that works out.

Wonder if the shell could be the antenna ?

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #18,979 of 24,683
The question I have is when someone says "the PM6 are very (seriously very) good for the value", are they talking about the price they got it at with the pre-order, or the 400 pound sterling MSRP?

What i player for. Why would I comment on a price I didn't pay for? That would go 2 much into Lala land. Also because I could compare with my previous "I don't have to sell my desktop gear to get them" favorite, the Dn-2002. With green filters I just get more fun listening to the PM6.

Jake replied to me again saying, "We're shipping as we speak, why would you want to cancel"

This guy is paid to jerk us around. My reply:

"Because items have been "near shipping" for the past 6 months. Frankly, I've reached my breaking point. You also told me "shipping as we speak" last week and look where we are today."

Easy, ask for a quick pick or a video. If they don't send it/them don't believe it.

Edit- although very happy with the product I totally support the ones that didn't receive them, at this point is just 2 much for anyone to show comprehension/sympathy.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #18,981 of 24,683

I have the the atlas, which im quite happy with, should the icarus III be an upgrade to that?

From their website:

Inside your will find our 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer combined with our series 2 wideband balanced armature.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #18,982 of 24,683
I don't think there are for p1 , I also tried non standard cable and didn't work.
On a side note when I first bought my p1s i snapped the 3.5mm connector on the silver cable ,my company and my job make cables for naim audio so thought easy fix for me, when I tried to detach the snapped connector there was a tiny bit of pcb board in the housing of the connector, I have never seen this before.
I emailed them to ask about how to wire to this board as the wires had come off , they asked me to take a picture and prove my purchase and they would send me a free replacement silver cable which they did to the UK.
Great customer service , lovely package , lovely iem, just bass light.
Really? So none of the aftermarket balanced MMCX cables will work? Interesting. They do have great service though and I very much liked the amount of detail and clarity it possessed. But the lack of bass is what led me to selling it. It was sorta okay in quiet environments, but I'm usually on a bus or walking around when using IEMs so a little more bass kick is needed for things to sound right in those conditions.

I'm waiting for my 2 x PM6, ask many time Jake just said.. will ship.. waiting more PM6 come then ship...
You might as well stop emailing. You're just wasting your own time cuz it's just gonna be the same response from him every single time.

From what I can tell, Icarus III is a dual-driver. Both the BA and dynamic drivers are new designs. I think their old dynamic driver was a 7-8mm driver in their hybrids. Plus, this one is also a dual-coil driver.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #18,983 of 24,683
Really? So none of the aftermarket balanced MMCX cables will work? Interesting. They do have great service though and I very much liked the amount of detail and clarity it possessed. But the lack of bass is what led me to selling it. It was sorta okay in quiet environments, but I'm usually on a bus or walking around when using IEMs so a little more bass kick is needed for things to sound right in those conditions.

Can't say they definitely don't but I tried a non mee standard mmcx cable and it just didn't work at all ,could have been the fit on the mmcx but it seemed to fit ok....the board inside the plastic housing of the 3.5mm connector is a new one to me though.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #18,985 of 24,683
Can't say they definitely don't but I tried a non mee standard mmcx cable and it just didn't work at all ,could have been the fit on the mmcx but it seemed to fit ok....the board inside the plastic housing of the 3.5mm connector is a new one to me though.
Well whatever MEE Audio's doing, they've been nailing their IEM tunings lately. And with the sort of service that Trinity used to be able to match, they do have most of the market covered in terms of the cable. A considerably lower number of people want to try it in balanced operation given that most of the people buying at that price point probably haven't shelled out for something good with balanced output and high bitrate music.

The way I understand it is that there is an internal antennae and an antennae band surrounding the outer edge of the shell.
Or at least something to this effect. The basic explanation was that there's 2 antennas: an internal and external. I think the external antenna was described by Bob at one point as being basically the whole plastic face of the Air. Hence why people got more than the usual amount of confused when the few that received had such poor Bluetooth performance, nevermind the crap battery life. One would think that the signal transmission would be better if the entire outward face was an antenna, so when they explained that the anemic battery was the cause, it seemed quite plausible. With the battery being crap and having to work overtime dealing with signal processing as well as transmission, it made sense that it's the source of battery life and signal problems. Here's hoping that the replacement batteries actually work as advertised to some extent.....and that I actually get an Air delivered to me before 2020.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #18,986 of 24,683
You might as well stop emailing. You're just wasting your own time cuz it's just gonna be the same response from him every single time.

If you read the "no complaining" (makes me lol still) thread then it's clear people are getting a good response and personal emails; myself included.

It may be the tone, content or frequency of emails dictates what type of response you get. I have noticed those that have been constantly demanding updates or have been very upset over all this have been the ones that are getting short copy paste emails.

Maybe coincidence but from my point of view and experience I can't agree with your statement.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #18,987 of 24,683
If you read the "no complaining" (makes me lol still) thread then it's clear people are getting a good response and personal emails; myself included.

It may be the tone, content or frequency of emails dictates what type of response you get. I have noticed those that have been constantly demanding updates or have been very upset over all this have been the ones that are getting short copy paste emails.

Maybe coincidence but from my point of view and experience I can't agree with your statement.
It could be that's the appropriate response for the OP's specific situation though. Like you, I personally haven't had too much trouble in terms of communication from them, but I really haven't emailed them all that much. I never emailed asking for any sort of tracking update or production update from them. I've emailed Bob to tell him how I want my Litz cables terminated and I've emailed Kieran about a replacement Vyrus 2 due to the shell splitting open. But since he said I'd have to send it to the UK, I'm just gonna dab some glue on it and call it good. An IEM that cost me $30 isn't worth $15 of standard international shipping.

As you said, it could very well have to do with emailing frequency or tone. There's potential that the less you're emailing them, the more likely that you get a good response if you do end up sending them an email. But seeing as the OP is getting nowhere with continuing to email anyway, the solution seems to be to just stop emailing; it's a waste of time given the circumstances. This isn't always the solution, but it does seem to be the appropriate one in their situation.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #18,988 of 24,683

Ok I have never complained about trinity until the last couple of weeks , I was a total supporter when people were trashing them after a few months delays , I also have never chased my iems until last week, my delta being supposed to ship in february but to ask for regular updates after this much time i think is more than just, especially since the last official blog about deliverys on trinity website was middle of May. People have a right to know what's going on with there products if nearly or over 6 months from scheduled shipping date.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #18,990 of 24,683
So i just received my hunters. They do not sound right at all. Idk if im doing something wrong with the filters, but they are extremely sharp, soundstage and bass nonexistant. Anyone else run into any issues?

Sounds like what @Remiam7 encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back