TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 21, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #18,766 of 24,683
This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Do they still offer the 14 days money back guaranteed? I suppose they don't anymore? Because customers can always send the earphones back for a full refund.
Also, as some pointed out, places like Audio Sanctuary in the UK sells the Hunter with no VAT and cheaper than Trinity? And there is no risk involved, yet backers who supported them from day one and paid more than a year ago get penalized and aren't covered?

It's not like people all of a sudden decide to jump ship. Customers aren't happy because Trinity didn't deliver their earphones on time and as promised and this ordeal has been dragging for months now.
Preventing people from getting a refund is a shady business practice. Their loyal customers did nothing wrong, Trinity should refund the outstanding orders and that's it, end of story. They even said they will do so in one of their updates when they apologized for the delays.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #18,768 of 24,683
Man, another week? I'm hoping to have them for my trip outstation. Disappointing, wish they would allow me to pay for express shipping or something.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #18,771 of 24,683
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #18,772 of 24,683
Wow, I can't believe this stuff is still going on. They have been stringing you guys on for months and months with the same lies.

I don't like the way fellow Head-fi Community members are being treated!

I don't think you guys deserve this treatment and my advice is to cancel your items and get out of this mess. There are so many other companies out there and if you have invested in more than one product, I highly advise getting one higher priced value product instead of many lower value ones.

There are so many other companies out there. It is sad that this is happening, but they got themselves into this mess with plenty of forewarning from respectful head-fi members as well as the criticisms they received from the head-fi members they said "F#$% them" to in their youtube videos.

You guys don't deserve to be treated this way or have to deal with this BS.

You don't deserve to have to support or stick with a company that treats you like this.

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #18,773 of 24,683
Wow, I can't believe this stuff is still going on. They have been stringing you guys on for months and months with the same lies.

I don't think you guys deserve this treatment and my advice is to cancel your items and get out of this mess. There are so many other companies out there and if you have invested in more than one product, I highly advise getting one higher priced value product instead of many lower value ones.

There are so many other companies out there. It is sad that this is happening, but they got themselves into this mess with plenty of forewarning from respectful head-fi members as well as the criticisms they received from the head-fi members they said "F#$% them" to in their youtube videos.

You don't deserve to have to support or stick with a company that treats you like this.
The one thing I'm going to say as well. I hate how Trinity caused so many headfi members to go against one another throughout this entire year. Caused people to fight against one another like if you supported trinity and those who wanted to question Trinity for more clear information.

If you were neutral you had to watch people fight each other. I think now 90% of us who are still waiting are in the same Titanic ship. Wondering if Trinity will ever send help lol.

Each time a headfier emails trinity. They get same answer. Next week! This week! Next week again!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #18,774 of 24,683

Most of us do have the same understanding like yours.
I have a multi BA iem which is mid centric and I'm quite happy with; a hybrid from Audiofly AF140 which I have no complaint for general listening. Both iems are under USD300.
I was locked in with TA's pm6 for it was loudly praised by Bob himself, I gave him my trust hoping to get another decent iem with the price that I could afford, never expected to go through all these dramas!
I seriously don't need many iem but one that suits my preference and budget, Campfire' like Andromeda is not something I could afford at the moment.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #18,775 of 24,683
Most of us do have the same understanding like yours.
I have a multi BA iem which is mid centric and I'm quite happy with; a hybrid from Audiofly AF140 which I have no complaint for general listening. Both iems are under USD300.
I was locked in with TA's pm6 for it was loudly praised by Bob himself, I gave him my trust hoping to get another decent iem with the price that I could afford, never expected to go through all these dramas!
I seriously don't need many iem but one that suits my preference and budget, Campfire' like Andromeda is not something I could afford at the moment.

Campfire Audio ain't the only other one out there, mate. There are so many companies out there that will treat you a heck of a lot better.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #18,776 of 24,683
They probably are shipping by Atlas Rocket into space by next week. Then return from orbit and implode upon entry into our atmosphere. All our IEMs in specially heat shielded packages will slowly fall down onto our doorsteps.

Here's your PM6 and my Hunters @JaeYoon, I got a respirator and some work gloves for you, we can find them somewhere in the rubble.

The only people left are the incredibly patient ones that hope to get an excellent IEM for a great price.

There isn't bickering on here anymore, we all have legitimate questions about the products already in our hands and yet Bobbers isn't anywhere to be found.

This is beyond MIA. At this point Search & Recovery teams are sifting through the crash site to find any items that could be identified as BTB @Bobtrinity. Will you ever return to us so we can pick back up from where we left off last fall? Just put all this mess behind us, no explanations needed, let's just talk and discuss the current IEMs being produced and developed. That was what originally turned me onto trinity, I can have a low key conversation with the Engineer responsible for my IEMs and shoot ideas back and forth. Without that it just feels like any other company out there.

What's the point of having a thousand dollars tied up in Trinity Audio if the company no longer operates on the level that I admired and strove to support on a student budget?

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #18,777 of 24,683
Here's your PM6 and my Hunters @JaeYoon, I got a respirator and some work gloves for you, we can find them somewhere in the rubble.

The only people left are the incredibly patient ones that hope to get an excellent IEM for a great price.

There isn't bickering on here anymore, we all have legitimate questions about the products already in our hands and yet Bobbers isn't anywhere to be found.

This is beyond MIA. At this point Search & Recovery teams are sifting through the crash site to find any items that could be identified as BTB @Bobtrinity. Will you ever return to us so we can pick back up from where we left off last fall? Just put all this mess behind us, no explanations needed, let's just talk and discuss the current IEMs being produced and developed. That was what originally turned me onto trinity, I can have a low key conversation with the Engineer responsible for my IEMs and shoot ideas back and forth. Without that it just feels like any other company out there.

What's the point of having a thousand dollars tied up in Trinity Audio if the company no longer operates on the level that I admired and strove to support on a student budget?

Alright everyone there has been a major malfunction according to Trinity Mission Control. We have been told by next week trinity will be shipping search and rescue teams to salvage our IEMs. We could just get some gas masks and work gloves and start searching. The Phantom Series Shuttle has exploded and all IEM purchasers have witnessed this terrible tragedy. R.I.P Trinity IEMs that haven't shipped yet. :p
PuW64j.gif

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #18,778 of 24,683
The idea of ordering something else that's discounted from them after the last nonsense was just a joke imo. If they couldn't deliver on time with the first sets of orders, how did they improve things to cover even more orders? The answer is that they didn't of course and so the nonsense rumbles on.

It's one thing to be supportive but totally another when a company seems to take advantage of the supporters and even treat some with contempt and repeating answers that turn out to be wrong in any case.

Next week means next week so they should reimburse immediately. I'm guessing that all of these 'pre-orders' are financing the last lot and so it goes into a spiral.

TA should make the iems, sell them when they are available and stop this nonsense. If they did as their site says and got back to shipping in one day, they might do well, but not after the past year which has been daft.

Personally, I would move on. Get a refund and buy something else. I wasn't going to buy anything from them again when they made the offer of cheap gear. Even if it were free, I wouldn't have bothered.

It doesn't matter how good the gear is or how cheap it is if it doesn't arrive. Trinity products are off limits for me following this since they don't seem to have 'learned' anything.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #18,779 of 24,683

I don't recall if you were around in the early days, but that's how it used to be. For those reasons he developed a loyal fan base from the start including many of the highly reputable head-fiers who used to frequent this thread. It was very straight forward, open, and things got delivered. It's what got so many people on board in the first place.

There was transparency, communication, and even a sense of community.

But it developed away from that sadly enough.

I hope it goes back to that point, but I feel like it's wishful thinking at this point.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #18,780 of 24,683
I don't recall if you were around in the early days, but that's how it used to be. For those reasons he developed a loyal fan base from the start including many of the highly reputable head-fiers who used to frequent this thread. It was very straight forward, open, and things got delivered. It's what got so many people on board in the first place.

There was transparency, communication, and even a sense of community.

But it developed away from that sadly enough.

I hope it goes back to that point, but I feel like it's wishful thinking at this point.

It is indeed sad to see what is happening at the moment with this company. A lot of the frustration could so easily be avoided with some hard facts and plain speaking interactions, but for whatever reason, their model is drifting away from that. I hope that one day they will find their way back to the original way of working they had, but at this point loyal customers are drifting away from what could have been (and could still remain) a very loyal fan base.

The shame in all of this is that the gear is actually pretty good (and in some cases great) - the Hunter may not be to everyone's taste with the treble, but it does have that unique something that makes it enjoyable and different. The audio industry needs different flavours of sound and ideas, so I really hope that whatever is going on up on Derbyshire, Trinity do manage to come back round, and that there are some customers left when they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back