TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 17, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #16,966 of 24,683
"So we are remaking the whole batch again with the Varta batteries and an added bud to bud clip on cable that will offer extra security and can be hung around the neck when not in use, this will also stop any dropout from bud to bud due to any environmental and human factors, for those that don't need it you don't have to use it."

The Air stills being wireless, the cable is optional and isn't a Bluetooth module.
But nearly everyone who got the Airs had the dropout problem. So unless there's a change to the antenna, you've got a 90% chance that you'll need to use the cable. If the majority of people can't use them wirelessly, you can't claim they're wireless.

That's like saying my TV is wireless. Sure it doesn't do anything until it's plugged in, but without the power cable it's wireless.

May 17, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #16,967 of 24,683
Sounds like I am one of those being "upgraded" from AD's to Masters... (Though Masters on sale were lower cost than the AD's...) I was expecting pretty efficient ~ 110db/mw Atlas Delta's... I understand that the Masters are much less efficient, maybe as low as 93db/mw ? Does anyone know if these can be properly driven with a normal Smartphone? Or will one need an amp to get good sound from the masters ?

Hope to get something someday... And can still feel for the Hunter and PM6 folks still in waiting.

Pete

" Remember, You can't bull**** a bull****ter ..."

These can be driven of the Iphone SE to a satisfactory level and SQ imo; I have just switched to the Iphone jack to do some brief listentig. Again, much depends on the source material, and you can benefit from the small Dac/Amp attached to the Iphone, but still ok straight of it...

I for one, for technical reasons, prefer headphone that thrives with amplification, so I don't think you have lost anything there, I would say on the contrary...

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #16,968 of 24,683
Yeah, because some early backers reported they couldn't even use the Air due to drop outs. Having it fully wireless was a feature and a selling point for some. Put a cable back on it and it's just another set of BT earphones.

Just another set of BT headphones at a premium price with big bulky ear pieces and battery life a fraction of most lanyard based BT.

May 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #16,969 of 24,683
Is there a business ethical board in UK we can report them to?
Seriously? Are you so full of hatred you are willing to kill a small business?
This is sad, this is all so sad...
Storm in a glass of water, this is what a handful of people have made.
Trinity has not been transparent, for sure, but how would one expect them to argue the misinformation and lies propagated by a dozen people (please refer to @sososerious 's post above for a mere example of these)

May 17, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #16,971 of 24,683
sorry for my naivete but how exactly does a clip on cable stop any dropout from bud to bud?

I'm guessing it's intent is to function as an antenna as a way to "guide" the signal bud to bud. This is the reason why I held off from buying any completely wireless earbuds. I'm still not confident that the technology is there yet.

May 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #16,972 of 24,683
Also, is trinity saying that a bunch of retailers have purchased stock of their PM6s and Atlas Deltas and are just sitting on them not selling them?

I call shenanigans. No retailer is going to let stock they've paid for go stale like that.

And, if they aren't just sitting on them, why do we have yet to see any of those missing models in the wild?

May 17, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #16,973 of 24,683
What an update! That came at least 2 months later than it should have.

I'll buy the excuse on the Hunter because I know titanium sucks to work with; it's why titanium stuff costs what it costs. And the Air update at least seems to fall in the realm of possibility. The delay sucks, but sure, I'll buy that's what happened.

But the explanations for the Atlas-Delta and the PM6.....these 2 aren't made of any special materials and their driver designs were finalized months ago. You could chalk up the PM6 delay to being about a delay in getting the new dual-coil drivers, but those aren't in the Atlas-Delta so what happened there? The claim is the latest batch had QC issues, but that a "vast majority" constitutes anything made earlier and those had "shipped".....to who? No one posting anywhere (Head-Fi or otherwise) about them seems weird. And with how many people even here on Head-Fi ordered one, how is it that not even a single posting person received one of the "vast majority"? Statistically, it can happen, but it should be such a low probability that it essentially isn't possible.

And btw the AIR are now wired (their solution to the dropout issues), so we get something like the vyrus1 with a lanyard under a new name.
The update did mention you didn't have to use it if you didn't want to. But it was also kind of ambiguous regarding if that means they're sending one completely wireless version and one wired version and "you don't have to use it if you don't want to" refers to just using the totally wireless one with dropouts if you don't want the cable. But at least supposedly, the cable is just a cable without a bulky battery on it since the battery is in the shells. Could still use more details.

May 17, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #16,974 of 24,683
On top of that people can no longer cancel without their 30% re-stocking fee. Yes, customer who did nothing wrong and just waited so long.

I tried to cancel my PM6 on Monday, before this announcement, and was told by Jake:

"Unfortunately we can’t accept any cancellations due to they are currently being shipped this week."

The 30% restocking fee is a bit nonsensical given the 14-day money back guarantee, and I can't help but think that after holding onto my money for close to a year they should be paying interest if anything :p

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #16,979 of 24,683
For which iem?

I'm one of the AD-> Master orders, no shipping info yet.

Same here. No shipping info for those of us with AD Orders since Sept 2016.....

Plus at this point, Are we even sure that they have any masters in stock to ship in place of the AD's... So who know how long until we receive this "upgrade"...

May 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #16,980 of 24,683
Like many of you I am waiting for IEMs from Trinity (1 Master, and 2 AD; no PM6 or Hunter for me as they're beyond my wallet capacity). Unlike many (most?) I still haven't received the Master, but I have to say it just isn't a life altering event to me whether I get them this week, next week, or not at all. They're IEMs, not something that will determine whether I, or one of my loved ones lives or dies. I continue to believe that they'll arrive eventually and that I will really enjoy them just as I have enjoyed the Delta V1, Delta V2, Atlas and PM4s before them (Delta V2 is some of the best money I've ever spent).

Look, it sounds like Bob has been dealing with some tough times. And he has not dealt with things in an ideal way unlike many of the (apparently) perfect people on this board would have. Personally, I've never operated a small business so can only imagine how challenging it must be trying to deal with unhappy customers, unreliable suppliers, (likely) overworked employees, and in all probability, challenges on the home front (some of which he has shared).

So while it is perfectly within your right as a "customer" to wail and complain about not getting your IEMs (yet) and being misled by Trinity's communication, consider asking yourself is why, as a fellow human being, you would want to. How does wallowing in an endless pool of negativity make your life, or the lives of anyone else for that matter, any better?

In my experience Bob has consistently demonstrated that he is trying to deliver quality IEMs at a very good price. What he has also demonstrated is that he is not a very sophisticated businessman and I have no doubt he would be the first to admit that he has made some big mistakes along the way. Yeah, his communication has been far short of what it could (or should) have been, but you know what, he is a beleaguered guy trying to save what he can of his business. And he has continued to work his butt off to deliver what he promised to the best of his ability rather than just throwing in the towel and walking away.

I came to Head-Fi because I thought it would be a cool place where I could learn from cool people with an interest in quality audio how to optimize my limited budget. And I have met some good people here, but that said, I would rather pay to travel to London and buy Bob a few pints than drink for free with many of the people on this thread.

Out of here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back