TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 16, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #16,786 of 24,683
Very interesting, that these are supposed to be the last 290 pieces of PM6s and Hunters, yet they are the first to be photographed in the box. Just sayin

exactly. i can't wait to hear the excuse for why we're just now seeing finished PM6 and hunter pics when bob stated they had already started shipping almost 3 months ago and they only had this last batch to go out.

May 16, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #16,788 of 24,683
exactly. i can't wait to hear the excuse for why we're just now seeing finished PM6 and hunter pics when bob stated they had already started shipping almost 3 months ago and they only had this last batch to go out.

They retooled all PM6 and Hunters, they added a Crossover. BAZINGA! :ksc75smile:

**edit**

Just came across this beauty from Feb 8th in an email:

Well its time for a little update again.

_

First lets start with the Kickstarter Phantom Air. Thank you to all of those that completed the survey, we are pleased to advise that the shells are off to be coloured now and will update again very soon with the ETA for shipping. Our best estimate is around 10 business days from now.

_

The Master 6 and Hunter are just getting their final checks and they are almost ready to be shipped. This means about 5-7 more days barring and unforeseen problems.

... hehe

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #16,789 of 24,683
I'm finding the purple undamped really nice. Using an Opus 1 with Cayin C5 with bass boost and it really shines. But if I had the promised 3.5 to 2.5 balanced cable I would not be using the Cayin.

So sad I'm getting Gunmetal instead of red for the PM6... The red ones look so nice. :frowning2:

Im not getting pm6 , im Getting hunter but i think you made the right choice the gun metal pm6 look pretty sweet to me.

May 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #16,790 of 24,683
Im not getting pm6 , im Getting hunter but i think you made the right choice the gun metal pm6 look pretty sweet to me.

Yeah, but my issue is that I came on the Hunter bandwagon when they were out of the heat treated ones, so I'll have a gunmetal PM6 and gunmetal hunter. :p

May 16, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #16,791 of 24,683
Customs from UK to Canada is usually super quick. So 3 weeks more with customs? Yeah, bull. They're buying time.

To be honest, if I don't get my master thursday, either I ask them to ship a new one tracked from their own expense, or I contest the charge on my credit card. Makes no sense that it would be this long from UK to Quebec.

Shipping from U.K to Ontario from my experience is about 5 days. Custom from U.K. to Toronto from my experience was always 2 days. 3 weeks doesn't sound right.

May 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #16,794 of 24,683
I'm relieved to see that the Hunters and Pm6s actually do exist at least. But I think we're talking 2000 iems in total here, right (no, they didn't start shipping these in February)? Plus, they still seem to have some Masters left to ship. So my guess is that it will take them at least three weeks to ship them all out.

Well, at least they exist. I just hope they are worth the almost one year long wait. (And dammit, why did I change color from polished zinc alloy to black? Those black ones are ugly.)

May 16, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #16,796 of 24,683
I'm relieved to see that the Hunters and Pm6s actually do exist at least. But I think we're talking 2000 iems in total here, right (no, they didn't start shipping these in February)? Plus, they still seem to have some Masters left to ship. So my guess is that it will take them at least three weeks to ship them all out.

Well, at least they exist. I just hope they are worth the almost one year long wait. (And dammit, why did I change color from polished zinc alloy to black? Those black ones are ugly.)

There not as bad as these.
nzJ37.jpg

May 16, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #16,797 of 24,683
Shipping from U.K to Ontario from my experience is about 5 days. Custom from U.K. to Toronto from my experience was always 2 days. 3 weeks doesn't sound right.

I just ordered some tools from the USA and I am in Canada. They shipped free cleared customs and were to my door in 2 days via FedEx. I ordered some tools from Canada no customs to clear and it took 5 days via Canada Post. I shouldn't take more than a week to get from UK to Canada or US. 3 weeks is excessive unless they are going by ship.

May 16, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #16,799 of 24,683
That connector hole causes slight worry. Why a [large] round hole for a rectangular 2-pin connector?

I can see a circular seat and a recessed rectangular hole for the cable connector, at least on the PM6. Can't see an issue to be honest?

Edit: I see on the hunter the circular seat is indeed slightly recessed, strange. Only have the pm6 and air on order so shouldn't affect me, might not affect anyone in actual use.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #16,800 of 24,683
I can see a circular seat and a recessed rectangular hole for the cable connector, at least on the PM6. Can't see an issue to be honest?

Edit: I see on the hunter the circular seat is indeed slightly recessed, strange. Only have the pm6 and air on order so shouldn't affect me, might not affect anyone in actual use.
Yeah, it's the Hunter one I see as more of an issue. The PM6, from this angle at least, looks okay. I think the recessed round connector on the Hunter is to fit their cable which you can see in that PM6 pic, but my issue with that is what if you use a 2-pin cable not from Trinity? That's the point of going standard 2-pin in the first place, right? Not everything is going to fit in that hole and even if they did, they're most likely rectangular and now you've got just a ton of empty space for dust and oils and other crap to accumulate right at the connection point. Poor design choice IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back