TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 16, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #16,761 of 24,683
I'd be interested in a more detailed comparison, is the Master about ?% as good? Or how would you define it? Completely different sound signature I assume...?
Deeper , wider soundstage. More 3D, instrument separation is better. Like your listening behind a curtain and then it's removed. Costing 10 times as much you would hope it would sound better and it does. Bass is realistic, no sibilance and beautiful midrange. And I really like the Master and think it's an incredibly fun IEM especially with the Cayin C5 giving it enough juice. And I'm officially a Purple undamped filter lover, with included foam tips.

May 16, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #16,762 of 24,683
Someone in EU is still waiting for the Master? I didn't even received an email for the shipment!!
I received my order (i payed extra 15 pounds for express shipping) but never get any email about shipment .

I am talking with Lee (from Venture Electronics) about balanced cable for Master ,anyone knows if any cable with 3.5mm TRRS jack on one side and 2.5mm TRRS jack on the other side will work?

May 16, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #16,765 of 24,683
Well I didn't actually make the recommendation to you, but reflected on individuals consistently buying entry level and mid tier products that add up to the cost of a more preferable higher tier product.

But hey, nothing wrong with being a fan right?

Nice ninja edit there. :wink:

Not necessarily a fan to be honest, never owned or listened to their products. Masters are for someone else, PM6 is because of the kickstarter which I can't cancel so I might end up selling them. The hunter is what I want, and I got them at 50% off... It's all about the rebates. And who knows, maybe the hunters will really be worth the wait.

May 16, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #16,766 of 24,683
Nice ninja edit there. :wink:

Not necessarily a fan to be honest, never owned or listened to their products. Masters are for someone else, PM6 is because of the kickstarter which I can't cancel so I might end up selling them. The hunter is what I want, and I got them at 50% off... It's all about the rebates. And who knows, maybe the hunters will really be worth the wait.

What ninja edit?

May 16, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #16,767 of 24,683
So, I made some more measurements. I still like the black dampened the most. Although the white dampening material looks the best on measurements, there is still some resonance break-up and weirdness to the sound. Bass response is quite off, because the coupling with the Masters is very inconsistent. Though this is more akin to what people will hear in reality. YMMV.

Screenshot_2017-05-16-14-03-16.png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-14-05-37.png

-

May 16, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #16,768 of 24,683
So, I made some more measurements. I still like the black dampened the most. Although the white dampening material looks the best on measurements, there is still some resonance break-up and weirdness to the sound. Bass response is quite off, because the coupling with the Masters is very inconsistent. Though this is more akin to what people will hear in reality. YMMV.

-
Thanks a lot. Maybe green and gold as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back