TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 15, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #16,726 of 24,683
I like the green because they bring the mids forward, the gold are a bit livelier. The Black just seem to make the music gel to my liking

I would agree on that, having said just minutes ago that that sort of "gelling" of the sound signature doesn't - to my ears - take anything positive away from the Masters, quite the opposite... and I am really used to - according to many - brighter full sized cans...

May 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #16,727 of 24,683
Yeah, I'm kinda used to it with my akg k553, still notice it after a couple hours with the Masters. Certainly toned down from the PM4, but the Master certainly can't be called treble shy.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone consider the Master to be treble-shy absolutely, just toned down compared to the PM4, which was super spikey.

Well, the funny thing is that I tend to like the sound signature that is more open and puts the mids and the highs through unaltered, and I presume this process might continue due to the burn-in process, if there is such indeed with Masters... but for the time being - the black ones seem to be the favorite. Now; as a side note, I could swear that of the MacBook Pro with the same two DACs, compared to of the Iphone SE, there is a shift in the quality of the sound with the same earphones - Masters...
Amp maybe? Are they using different amp circuitry? A laptop does have more space than a phone after all.

May 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #16,728 of 24,683
Well, the funny thing is that I tend to like the sound signature that is more open and puts the mids and the highs through unaltered, and I presume this process might continue due to the burn-in process, if there is such indeed with Masters... but for the time being - the black ones seem to be the favorite. Now; as a side note, I could swear that of the MacBook Pro with the same two DACs, compared to of the Iphone SE, there is a shift in the quality of the sound with the same earphones - Masters...

There's a significant difference between my Oneplus 3 and Edirol recording interface on the pc. They seem to really scale with their source. Interesting with your identical DACs sounding different. I'm sure someone here can give us some educated insight on that

May 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #16,729 of 24,683
Welcome to the thread. You must be new. I ordered the PM6s and they sound fantastic.

Very transparent and open sounding. Unfortunately isolation is poor. In fact there's no isolation at all. I can still hear everything around me. The best filter (in my opinion) is the clear/transparent filter.

The build quality is perfect. It's actually surprisingly light. So light that you can't even feel it in your ear. In fact if you look closely, you can't even see it. It's almost as if there's nothing in my ear at all. So light that it's almost as if it never shipped and never made it to my ears in the first place.

This is my opinion only and is subjective so take it with a grain of salt.

I had the same impression! But I like better the "open doors" filter, it feels like been outside! so refreshing!
The thing that I like the most its the sound imaging, hands down the best to date, it's perfect.

May 15, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #16,730 of 24,683
Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone consider the Master to be treble-shy absolutely, just toned down compared to the PM4, which was super spikey.

Amp maybe? Are they using different amp circuitry? A laptop does have more space than a phone after all.

Well, the thing is - it is a chain, alright: of the USB port on the Macbook pro, since both Dragonfly Red and Audioengine D3 are small portable
USB DACs. But then again, the lighting camera connector is the connection between the Dragonfly Red and the Iphone SE, and although the DACs take care of the amplification and D/D passthrough, still, the circuitry of the Macbook should be better (as a source)...

May 15, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #16,732 of 24,683
There's a significant difference between my Oneplus 3 and Edirol recording interface on the pc. They seem to really scale with their source. Interesting with your identical DACs sounding different. I'm sure someone here can give us some educated insight on that

I think the immediate explanation should be the source player - Macbook pro vs. the Iphone SE.

May 15, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #16,736 of 24,683
Is there any way to see all the photos in the thread... like on the old site? I was hoping to see new user pics without trudging through hundreds of posts.

Honestly... They didn't even bother to create a redirect/forwarder from the old subscription page URL to the new URL... it would take 10 seconds to do this. The port-over needs some TLC

May 15, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #16,737 of 24,683
Is there any way to see all the photos in the thread... like on the old site? I was hoping to see new user pics without trudging through hundreds of posts.

Honestly... They didn't even bother to create a redirect/forwarder from the old subscription page URL to the new URL... it would take 10 seconds to do this. The port-over needs some TLC

Well, I don't know what platform you are using for the browsing, but on the desktop/laptop - no problems whatsoever to see the photos..

May 15, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #16,740 of 24,683
I see the photos inline just fine.... but there used to be a top-right section of the page that linked all the photos for the thread... I don't have that anymore on Chrome, IE, Safari, etc

Neither do I in Firefox on Mac, and I am not certain whether that functionality exists at all at the all new, reworked HeadFi... might be some options that could be set at the user account, but this is a wild guess and I highly doubt it anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back