TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 15, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #16,696 of 24,683
There's another thread for that kind of seditious talk :wink:
I'm actually a regular poster on there too lol.

But, for the record, my friend (not a Head-Fi user) has sent me a pair of the Masters, so I am finally getting to try them!
I listened for about 20mins this afternoon.
They fit very nicely, and so far I have been impressed with the sound. I tried Green, Black and Blue filters.
My next plan of action is to stick the gold undamped on and start A/B testing them with the PM4 (also with gold undamped).
Wish me luck :D
I shall report back anon...

"… In my experience, there's no such thing as "luck" (Obi Wan Kenobi, , Star Wars ANH) :D

May 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #16,698 of 24,683
Just got my Masters, in Edmonton, Canada. Still waiting on the PM6. More detailed impressions on the Masters to follow... but so far feelings are a bit mixed. Using the purple "neutral" un-dampened filters (the default red filters sound awful) but things still sound coloured. Presentation is kind of muddy. The connection between the IEMs and the rest of the cable is far too bulky. Still not bad given the discounted price (I'm not sure I'd recommend them at retail price), but I hope the PM6 come out a lot a better. Of course, it's possible my opinion will get better with more listening, "burn in" and experimentation.

I'll be following your post eagerly. I am in Calgary. I ordered the PM6 as well.

May 15, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #16,699 of 24,683
There's another thread for that kind of seditious talk :wink:
I'm actually a regular poster on there too lol.

But, for the record, my friend (not a Head-Fi user) has sent me a pair of the Masters, so I am finally getting to try them!
I listened for about 20mins this afternoon.
They fit very nicely, and so far I have been impressed with the sound. I tried Green, Black and Blue filters.
My next plan of action is to stick the gold undamped on and start A/B testing them with the PM4 (also with gold undamped).
Wish me luck :D
I shall report back anon...

Be good to hear your views .

May 15, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #16,700 of 24,683
Just got my Masters, in Edmonton, Canada. Still waiting on the PM6. More detailed impressions on the Masters to follow... but so far feelings are a bit mixed. Using the purple "neutral" un-dampened filters (the default red filters sound awful) but things still sound coloured. Presentation is kind of muddy. The connection between the IEMs and the rest of the cable is far too bulky. Still not bad given the discounted price (I'm not sure I'd recommend them at retail price), but I hope the PM6 come out a lot a better. Of course, it's possible my opinion will get better with more listening, "burn in" and experimentation.

So how long did it take for Trinity to get the Masters to you?

May 15, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #16,701 of 24,683
This must be, hands down, the most depressing thread on head-fi.
1113 pages of whinging and whining.

Can we talk about actual products here instead?
First of all, there's only like 800ish pages (probably) of complaining; at least 200-300ish pages are actually good stuff. Secondly, this is likely the most actively depressing thread on Head-Fi. I've gotta think that buried somewhere in the 16 years worth of forum is a more depressing thread.

I sort of agree with you , i do understand frustrations of those that have waited a long time and there right to speak out on here.
I think there are some that are posting/ trolling on here .
Others are just fed up and want to speak out hoping for an outcome.
Others like myself are frustrated yes but stand by trinity because so far even with the huge delays they have delivered (in my case twice) a great iem at as far as I'm concerned a great price.
Whatever your point of view (apart from the potential trollers) we are all on this thread because at one point we all rated trinity iems and some of us still do .
They clearly bit off more than they could chew (bobs own words in last post) so let's at least keep the conspiracy/ over speculating down it only adds to the problem.
Like i said im looking forward to the email update and then at least I have something to think about other than speculation.
Here's the thing though: while Bob has admitted they've gone a bit overboard (almost a month ago) and while I'd like to seem them get back on track, he hasn't stopped biting so he can finish chewing. If anything, he's now bitten off even more with announcing the Icarus IV pre-order launch. This better be one hell of an update tomorrow. Like, throw in an Icarus III with the Hunters and a Master with the PM6. We've done a pretty ridiculous amount of waiting after those "shipped".

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #16,702 of 24,683
"… In my experience, there's no such thing as "luck" (Obi Wan Kenobi, , Star Wars ANH) :D
Great quote.
In my experience, there's no such thing as deadlines. Caused me no end of trouble, that one :p
Back to choosing from the vast array of filters.
"There's too many of them!" (random fighter pilot, Star Wars ROJ) :wink:

May 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #16,703 of 24,683
First of all, there's only like 800ish pages (probably) of complaining; at least 200-300ish pages are actually good stuff. Secondly, this is likely the most actively depressing thread on Head-Fi. I've gotta think that buried somewhere in the 16 years worth of forum is a more depressing thread.

Here's the thing though: while Bob has admitted they've gone a bit overboard (almost a month ago) and while I'd like to seem them get back on track, he hasn't stopped biting so he can finish chewing. If anything, he's now bitten off even more with announcing the Icarus IV pre-order launch. This better be one hell of an update tomorrow. Like, throw in an Icarus III with the Hunters and a Master with the PM6. We've done a pretty ridiculous amount of waiting after those "shipped".

I would like them to get back on track too , we all have our points of view some more frustrated than others.
Let's hope for all including trinity that the email update is positive tomorrow.

May 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #16,704 of 24,683
This must be, hands down, the most depressing thread on head-fi.
1113 pages of whinging and whining.

Can we talk about actual products here instead?

Welcome to the thread. You must be new. I ordered the PM6s and they sound fantastic.

Very transparent and open sounding. Unfortunately isolation is poor. In fact there's no isolation at all. I can still hear everything around me. The best filter (in my opinion) is the clear/transparent filter.

The build quality is perfect. It's actually surprisingly light. So light that you can't even feel it in your ear. In fact if you look closely, you can't even see it. It's almost as if there's nothing in my ear at all. So light that it's almost as if it never shipped and never made it to my ears in the first place.

This is my opinion only and is subjective so take it with a grain of salt.

May 15, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #16,705 of 24,683
Sagarius, as a separate entity, may have a designer other than Bob who does value crossovers. Just a thought.

We all change our minds from time to time.
Curious about the blog update tomorrow

May 15, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #16,706 of 24,683
Great quote.
In my experience, there's no such thing as deadlines. Caused me no end of trouble, that one :p
Back to choosing from the vast array of filters.
"There's too many of them!" (random fighter pilot, Star Wars ROJ) :wink:

I am currently on black filter on Master IEM (the 159, or 60£ with the rebate - one) . Chosen these to alleviate some things on the tracks I have downloaded - these are 192-320 kbit/s - 44100 to 48000 all the way to 96000 kHz internet broadcasts, and some stuff dl-ed from ...ube...

Did some A-B to Audio Technica MSR7 Gunmetal off the Dragonfly Red of the Iphone... only with black filter... although the 45 mm Hi-Rez audio driver in over ear can is superior, darn Master are really holding their own, even without switching the filters...
I will perhaps never be able to afford the TOTL Trinity offerings, I could only imagine how they sound like...

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #16,707 of 24,683
Sagarius, as a separate entity, may have a designer other than Bob who does value crossovers. Just a thought.

We all change our minds from time to time.
Curious about the blog update tomorrow

I have always been under the impression the the Sagaris is nothing more but the certain line of products in the Trinity offerings...

May 15, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #16,708 of 24,683
I would like them to get back on track too , we all have our points of view some more frustrated than others.
Let's hope for all including trinity that the email update is positive tomorrow.
Other than the ones that are basically bashing for the sake of it, I haven't seen many recent unwarranted criticisms. Those can all be put behind us, but only if we actually all start getting products in hand which is what is painfully lacking at the moment. This better be a good update tomorrow, and good in the sense of real talk news. I don't care if there's stuff in there that isn't good news, just real news.

May 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #16,709 of 24,683
Anyone feel like sharing their top three filters for the Master?

Mine are: 1)Gold undampened. 2)Green. 3)Blue.

The new foam dampened filters have really impressed me. The dampening seems pretty subtle. It's nice to have the option of bringing the mids forward a bit. The gold for energetic, the green for relaxation.

*Edit- I know there's a poll in that other thread, but I'm interested in the order and specifics of people's preferences

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #16,710 of 24,683
Anyone feel like sharing their top three filters for the Master?

Mine are: 1)Gold undampened. 2)Green. 3)Blue.

The new foam dampened filters have really impressed me. The dampening seems pretty subtle. It's nice to have the option of bringing the mids forward a bit. The gold for energetic, the green for relaxation.

*Edit- I know there's a poll in that other thread, but I'm interested in the order and specifics of people's preferences
Thats pretty good to know from your experience.

Do the green happen allow longer listening sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back