TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 13, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #16,562 of 24,683
It's not okay, but what can you do? At this point, I think many of us have reached a point beyond complaint; there simply isn't anything any of us can do anymore, short of a refund. And so the waiting game continues.

May 13, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #16,563 of 24,683
I do wish actually to find an IEM similar or close, or same as K701 - soundwise, please do tell if You have found something like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if You did, the problem is that my frame of reference is, I suspect, far more narrow than yours.

I find the Vsonic GR07 to be fairly close to my modded Q701. You just gain a bit of bass extension and lose some of the soundstage. The GR07 treble is smoothed comparatively but still has a bit of peakiness up a little higher than the 701s.

May 14, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #16,564 of 24,683
It's not okay, but what can you do? At this point, I think many of us have reached a point beyond complaint; there simply isn't anything any of us can do anymore, short of a refund. And so the waiting game continues.

It is at a strange point beyond complaint.

I don't want to refund cuz I'll lose money from the exchange rate of the GBP. And I am still for some reason hoping the Hunter can maybe be a product worth the 500GBP and have TOTL quality as purported instead of it being something from an over pricing scheme made to seem a great value after providing discounts.

If the hunter doesn't ship out by monday like BOB said it would... Oh man...

Trinity has already ruined their reputation and they even gave up themselves as evidenced by their change of slogan from True-Audio-Perfection to True-Audio-Junkies finally showing their real colors under the original pretense.

The Master seemed like a descent success, but once again after some more detailed reviews, it seems to be yet another IEM that isn't worth the money at full retail. I was hopeful based on impressions purported to be fair, but it turns out that that fairness was most likely simply being helpful for the retailer and compromising honesty for the customers.

And it sucks to approach a preorder with this attitude. I am passionate about audio and the community here and for someone to come in and manipulate, be deceitful, take advantage of the community and play the members, play the victim, use mods to help invalidate, sell faulty products consistently, asking for pity then shrinking away when it gets tough... Well they've earned the title of junkies!

I could pretend it never happened like the fanboys, I could stand up for him and give him a chance like the hippies, but I'm just going to stay real and be cautious when dealing with someone has has proven his manipulativeness in misinformation and more. Even now saying this it feels like I'm beating a dead horse, or rather a trainwreck that with more cars following into the crash site.

May 14, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #16,565 of 24,683
Wow. So people are getting all the accessories but others have missing items!!??
Did Jake say cases were no longer to some and now they are? The balanced wasin recent orders but not others?

Some were relieved to receive even an iem I think. I got a case with mine but no Spinfits or balanced cable. Some received Spinfits. Others received no case. Even Spinfits, case and cable in recent cases.

So something else must have gone wrong with supplies. I emailed about the missing cable but never got a reply.

Perhaps the original offer should have been along the lines, 'you'll get an iem eventually, but as a bonus, you might even get a case, Spinfits, balanced cable or any combination of the three if you're one of the lucky ones!!!' :wink:

For me, it's like 10.30pm in a U.K. Pub ... last orders.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #16,566 of 24,683
Some were relieved to receive even an iem I think. I got a case with mine but no Spinfits or balanced cable. Some received Spinfits. Others received no case. Even Spinfits, case and cable in recent cases.

So something else must have gone wrong with supplies. I emailed about the missing cable but never got a reply.

For me, it's like 10.30pm in a U.K. Pub ... last orders.
The balanced cable they have sent out is of no use. It should be a 3.5 to 2.5 like originally stated , but it is a 3.5 to 3.5. Jake said they would be sent out a couple weeks ago. I enquired again with Jake a few days ago and he said a couple week but he is very cryptic in his replies so I don't know if he is talking about the 3.5 to 2.5. I saw someone yesterday had a Pack of Kombi tips case, cable everything that should have been sent. Will the missing items be sent to those missing or do we enquire for ourselves?

May 14, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #16,568 of 24,683
It has been posited that the forthcoming DAP from Trinity will have a 3.5mm balanced output, if not then giving a 3.5 balanced cable can only be a mistake.
A fair few members were looking forward to a 2.5 cable which obviously fits many more DAPs that a few people already own.
As usual, no communication means that no-one knows for sure.

May 14, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #16,569 of 24,683
It has been posited that the forthcoming DAP from Trinity will have a 3.5mm balanced output, if not then giving a 3.5 balanced cable can only be a mistake.
A fair few members were looking forward to a 2.5 cable which obviously fits many more DAPs that a few people already own.
As usual, no communication means that no-one knows for sure.

If you are referring to my comment, I was just speculating that the 3.5mm TRRS cable may indicate that the upcoming Trinity DAP in the Icarus line (if and when it ever surfaces) may use the less popular Hifiman style 3.5mm balanced connector. That was just guesswork on my part, so not based on any info provided by Trinity. Just wanted to make that clear before it snowballed into a fact.

I do find it a little unusual that they have gone for a 3.5mm connector if that is the case as the industry (apart from Sony and RHA) seem to be standardising balanced output at 2.5mm size - I may be completely wrong, by hopefully time and the Trinity website will reveal all in due course.

May 14, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #16,570 of 24,683
Around 250$+, might be lower on the used market.

Most likely when I get to publish my full review,

Can you post a link please? (No Aliexpress) The lowest price I've found it is $339 on Shenzen Audio. I think isn't a fair to say Masters are outclassed by FLC8s (even retail price), due the huge price tag diference. But I ever apreciate opinions and comparisons.

Waiting for your review, graphs and deep comparisons.  :beerchug:

Regards.

May 14, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #16,571 of 24,683
If you are referring to my comment, I was just speculating that the 3.5mm TRRS c
Indeed, I apologize for not quoting you directly, couldn't find the post - and you are of course correct, none of us know for sure what the spec will be on the new DAP. I would also be surprised if they use anything other than the 2.5mm connection which is becoming more popular on entry/mid level players.
If not then it is surely a mistake, which has disappointed some people, perhaps the supplier's, indeed supplier errors may have contributed to the delays...but we won't know until we are told.
Cheers.

May 14, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #16,572 of 24,683
The Master seemed like a descent success, but once again after some more detailed reviews, it seems to be yet another IEM that isn't worth the money at full retail. I was hopeful based on impressions purported to be fair, but it turns out that that fairness was most likely simply being helpful for the retailer and compromising honesty for the customers.
I'd partially disagree with the "yet another" part of the comment if only because I perceived that as implying that Trinity has released several disappointing IEMs when to me, it seems like they've so far only released 1 that didn't match up to expectations: the PM4. One could argue that there were some shortfalls with the Sabre and first Vyrus due to the cables, but I'd wager the people that fixed their cable issues were very happy with those. Only the PM4 could really be considered a stinker. And I have to reiterate that in terms of actually released products, they've got a very good hit rate. Good ones include the Hyperion, Techne, Delta, Delta V2, Atlas, Vyrus V1 (arguably), Vyrus 2 (IMO), Sabre (arguably), and now Master (arguably). Really the only one that I've seen a sizable number of complaints for is the PM4, though second place goes to the Sabre. Reception sounds mostly positive for the Master, almost enough to say that it's worth the retail price, certainly the discount price. I'm reading between the lines, but it feels like many people think that it punches almost near the $200 mark which is exactly what the full retail price is.

I want to see them un-mess up this recent slew of launches ASAP though cuz it's a magnificently botched job. I'm only glad I'm lucky enough to have other stuff to listen to while I wait; some people do not have such a luxury.

May 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #16,573 of 24,683
It is at a strange point beyond complaint.

I agree with much of what you say, but I have to take issue with this. First of all, you're making this statement based off of pretty much only two reviews that came out just today. Not exactly solid data. Furthermore, I think it's 1) not really justified, and 2) flat out rude to accuse people on here who posted positive impressions of the Masters of being dishonest. You can't possibly know that, because you haven't even listened to them. You"re just cherry picking two negative reviews you read that suit how you're feeling about the company in general right now in order to delegitimize other peoples' views. Which is fine, but don't insinuate that people who liked the IEMs are being dishonest.

I know I like these quite a bit, and I have no problem admitting that. I've also been a vocal critic of how Trinity has handled this entire process from the get go; my opinion is anything but "compromising honesty."

As for whether they're worth the full 159gbp or not; I don't really know, as I don't have much of a frame of reference here. I do know that my limited time with Shure SE215s, which at the time I purchased them were about $80, seems to line up well with the price of the Masters. They sound far better than the SE215s did. They're definitely not perfect by any means though and have areas that could be improved. They unequivocally are a steal at the discount price though.

May 14, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #16,574 of 24,683
To weigh in on the whole Master/disappointment thing, I haven't heard the current version of the Masters, but the preproduction version I had around Christmas time for a few weeks was certainly punching in the c. $200 price bracket in terms of SQ as far as I could hear, compared to other items in my collection at the time.

From the early writeups, it sounds like they tightened up a few things in terms of tuning (as you would expect), but the model I heard held up in direct comparison to both the Ibasso IT03 and LZ-A4. Please note that if you find my impressions a fair few pages back, I don't say that the Masters topped the SQ either IEM for my preferences, but the fact that they play in the same ball park as two of the acknowledged heavy hitters of recent times in terms of bang for the buck is no small thing.

Value, like everything else, is subjective, but if Trinity hadn't sold these at the discount price of £60 and had set the initial discounted price a little bigger, I don't think people would have been complain in droves.

Again, just my opinion so please take this with a pinch of salt. I don't defend what Trinity have done and are doing with their delivery shenanigans (I'm a frustrated Hunter preorder like many others in the thread, and will be very disappointed if they don't ship in the coming week), but separating SQ from business practices, all the models I have heard to date certainly have a high price/performance ratio to my ears. This even included the PM4, although I freely admit I was one of the people who didn't like the tuning and find the treble borderline painful.

TL;DR - for me, people can hang Bob and Trinity on the logistics and choose to vote with their feet on future orders, but judged purely on SQ, they still have a pretty impressive track record so far.

May 14, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #16,575 of 24,683
The acid test will come with PM6 and Hunter. I think it's fair to say that the higher Bob punches the more diverse the opinions. And I don't think I'm being unfair in saying that Trinity have yet to establish themselves as capable of tuning to the high end - the entry level stuff is mainly praised as being both good value and good sound, only when reaching higher such as the PM4 experiment have they faltered a bit. The Master is getting majority positive reception, albeit "for the price" at the discounted level.
The coming weeks will be critical in Trinity's future - deliver a true high end product, at a competitive price, with the delivery issues fixed, and those patiently waiting will feel like it has been worthwhile... hopefully.

Late edit: not worth bothering, enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back