TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #15,677 of 24,683
@bobtrinity
Hi Bob, it has been just over 10 months since I ordered the PM6 and wondering if you could please provide an ETA. Should it arrive on the 1 year anniversary since order/payment date I think my patience and TA loyalty deserves a bit of refund.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #15,680 of 24,683
While I have been exploring the sound of my new Masters I have also been frustrated with the fit. My preferred tips (in medium) that I have on all my other IEMs including the Trinity PM4 and Techne don't work well here. All it takes is some minor head movement and they unseal and then fall out of my ear. Grrrrrrrr. So I've been trying a number of other large bore tips I have on hand. Obviously this complicates auditioning filters beyond the sheer lack of a published filter guide for this model.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #15,682 of 24,683
While I have been exploring the sound of my new Masters I have also been frustrated with the fit. My preferred tips (in medium) that I have on all my other IEMs including the Trinity PM4 and Techne don't work well here. All it takes is some minor head movement and they unseal and then fall out of my ear. Grrrrrrrr. So I've been trying a number of other large bore tips I have on hand. Obviously this complicates auditioning filters beyond the sheer lack of a published filter guide for this model.
The guy in the ad seems to be rocking his head back and forth with them fine.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #15,683 of 24,683

Did you try spiral dots?

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #15,685 of 24,683
I wonder if the phantom hunters will compare to the campfire Andromeda in terms of sound quality. It says on their website that it's "the pinnacle of what we can do", but idk. It just strikes me as odd that they'd say that but they msrp for under 700 dollars. I mean, that would be fricken sweet if they did, and I know trinity audio makes super good stuff in the budget category of IEMs. I've been obsessed with my little Trinity Atlas since I first heard about it, and I got it for 80 fricken dollars and I've used it more than any other of my earphones, two of which are like 200 dollars.

I just really wish I could get more information on this thing. The midrange, the imaging, the soundstage (if there could be such a thing in earphones). I've been sort of obsessed with reading this thread lately, and thinking about when I actually get them. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #15,688 of 24,683
There's a lot of bugs and errors on this new site. For instance it keeps logging me back out even though I tell it to keep me logged in. It doesn't always show the profile and subscriptions at the top of the page. You can't browse things by type, headphones, IEMs, Amps, in the head gear selection anymore. The buyers guide is not existent.

Hopefully this stuff will be fixed soon.

Btw it says "CURRENTLY BEING SHIPPED" on trinity's website under the phantom hunters.

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #15,690 of 24,683
Expect bugs for the next few days as everything gets ironed out. No site launch is ever perfect. This one is a lot better than others I've seen. I quite like the way it looks as well.

As far as the Masters fit goes, I also intially found it tricky to get them to stabilize but a little practice mostly fixed that issue. It's not perfect and certainly not as comfortable as my Delta I, but I'll live with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back