TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #15,586 of 24,683
14 day return, here I come...
wink.gif

Not on the Airs.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #15,587 of 24,683
Red filters were nice and meaty but these black filters make my eyes roll into the back of my head. Had to go up a size in kombis for a comfortable fit and good seal. No case but at $80 I can't even care or be even remotely upset, I'm sure they'll come with the balanced cable sooner or later for those that need some. But for now enjoy :beerchug:  Bob and the team did a damn fine job on the Master

Looks like you have roughly the same music taste as me! Will be trying out the black filters first when it comes! Haha.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #15,588 of 24,683
Another day, and more people reporting the dropout issue with the Airs. As of this point no one that I've seen has reported getting the Air without having dropouts between the left and right bud.

So much for that amazing dual antenna architecture.

These were supposed to be a birthday gift for my wife. She told me "I'm ok with delays if they get it right". Here's hoping we get the first miracle pair of Airs.... When the eventually get here that is.

So far, the Bragi the Headphone are reported as having minimal to zero dropouts. I get zero with mine that I have been using since last December. Love them! Reading everyone's experiences with the Air, I have been devising plans for combatting them in my own way. And hope to succeed if I experience those problems.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #15,589 of 24,683
Hi all,

I backed Trinity's first Kickstarter for the original Delta. I'm still enjoying it, but I was wondering how their newer IEMs stack up? Vyrus II, Atlas, PM, etc

To be honest, I think the original Deltas are their best product in terms of build quality and price to sound ratio.

But I only have the Vyrus 1 and pm4 to compare. New master, Hunter and Icarus iii are on pre order. I don't expect these incoming offering to impress me more than the the deltas, though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #15,590 of 24,683
To be honest, I think the original Deltas are their best product in terms of build quality and price to sound ratio.

But I only have the Vyrus 1 and pm4 to compare. New master, Hunter and Icarus iii are on pre order. I don't expect these incoming offering to impress me more than the the deltas, though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's good to know. I was afraid the Deltas had been hopelessly outpaced by the newer IEMs, good to know that's not the case. 

I too pre-ordered the Icarus III, largely due to the price. :) 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #15,591 of 24,683
They accept returns for Kickstarters? 

Before KIckstarter changed their TOS about two years ago, it was easier to get a refund. There has never been any return policy in the seven years I have been pledging. I have seen very rare exceptions of backers receiving a refund in the past six months, but it is certainly up to the discretion of the creator. I did get a refund on one campaign several weeks ago, but that was for extenuating circumstances beyond mine and the creator.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #15,592 of 24,683
  Hi all,

I backed Trinity's first Kickstarter for the original Delta. I'm still enjoying it, but I was wondering how their newer IEMs stack up? Vyrus II, Atlas, PM, etc

Just compared RED Master with SILVER Delta I. Found that these two filters compare well with each other. Quick impressions (no power, just straight to laptop) lead me to believe the Master sounds a bit meatier, more full-bodied. Both have excellent clarity up top and deep, impactful bass response. The Delta may slightly edge out the Master when it comes to clarity, but only because the master has that thicker sound - and while the Delta instruments might sound slightly more separated, the Master has a wider soundstage. I didn't get a "wow this is way better" feeling when switching to the Masters (in fact, it was more like "damn these Deltas are still rockin") but I certainly appreciated that added bit of substance to the sound. 

The bass on both of these ranges from head numbing to agreeably present. At time, I felt the bass was a bit much - I listen mostly to folk, alternative, indie, etc so I really want the vocals to shine while the instruments are all presented more or less equally. That said, I'll have to do a lot more testing with different filters. Not sure where to go on Master because we don't definitively know which filters do what, but I'll figure it out eventually. 

Finish wise, right off the bat I prefer the cable on the Master. It feels almost soft to the touch, hasn't gotten tangled, and is a nice size and thickness. The detach point is also built with great durability. Both headphones feel like they can take a beating (my Deltas certainly already have). 

Comfort definitely goes to the Delta I (for now). I have 0 issues with fitting the Delta in my ear. They are light, comfortable, and sized well. The Master are definitely trickier. Oddly, I'm having issues with the left side falling out, but not the right. The housings are large, the entire unit is relatively heavy, and fit takes some time getting used to. You'll quickly learn what is and isn't a good fit, but adjusting to find that perfect point can prove problematic. You don't need a deep insertion (in fact, my ears started feeling warm after a bit) but the housings tend to fall to one side if you haven't got it right. 

Huge relief here is given that you don't need that deep insertion, folks with smaller ear openings should still have some luck with these. My GF whose ears hurt after wearing the Deltas for a while because of the size of the filters demoed them and said she was able to get a nice, full-bodied sound from the Master despite its even bigger filters. 

Those were just some quick impressions between Delta and Master. I'm sure they will change over time, but I hope that helps folks out. 

EDIT: These are VERY EARLY opinions. Will update with more relevant info and change any previous posts with new info.  Cheers.

Oh yeah, and no peaking treble here. I'm pretty sensitive to that, and no issues so far.

Apr 25, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #15,598 of 24,683

Huge relief here is given that you don't need that deep insertion, folks with smaller ear openings should still have some luck with these. My GF whose ears hurt after wearing the Deltas for a while because of the size of the filters demoed them and said she was able to get a nice, full-bodied sound from the Master despite its even bigger filters. 

Thanks for the writeup! I too have comfort issues if I use comply tips with the Delta I. Silicone tips are fine. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #15,599 of 24,683
Hi, anyone here from ASIA? Specifically Philippines who got their iems?
Jake tells me that my V2 is going to be shipped every week i send him an email, but it turns out, it's still not shipped. It's been weeks. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back