TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #15,211 of 24,683
  I just talked to Jake on the phone. Very nice and helpful guy. 

I have to say, after all that happened, this call has been very reassuring for me that Trinity in fact are a good company and I'm positive, they will deliver all the IEMs.

I still had to cancel my PM6+balanced Litz Cable because meanwhile I have another pair of IEMs from another manufacturer.

However, he gave the following update:

Master almost completely shipped (mine just shipped minutes before calling)
PM6 will be shipped next week

So if anyone wants a (red) PM6 and/or a balanced 2.5mm Litz Cable, I guess you can Email Jake.

Plus I will sell my Master (new & unopened) for the price of 60 £ + shipping.

I wrote to Jake for the red PM6, never answered... :\ Getting annoyed. I want dem yo!

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #15,213 of 24,683
  For the people complaining that Jack isn't answering e-mails, he is. But he just got a lot to go through. He just arrived at the e-mails from 7 days ago apparently, that's a lot of catching up to do. But the answers are just copy and paste 

"Your Delta order will be shipped next week.

Regards"

Well, I can't blame him with the amount of e-mails he gets everyday, that's what I would do too :D

I got a complete nonanswer to my question about my Master shipment unfortunately. "We have nearly finished shipping all of the Masters." 
confused.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #15,216 of 24,683
  Hey folks.
I finally came to my senses that doing what I`ve done the last couple of days helps no one. I got carried away by my frustration.

I apologize for all these harsh comments and the way I commented about Trinity. I am still far away from being amused about the situation, but I will sort that out with Trinity directly. I`ve got lost in an downwards spiral of frustration and negativity. So, again sorry for being so negative and rude against some headfi members.

I hope you accept my apology, and we can get back to normal, me as well 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers fellas

Well, it takes character to apologise publically like that.
I think/(hope!) I've been one of the more consistently positive and unbiased people on here, and I still managed once to annoy some people unintentionally and get cautioned by a moderator, much to my mortification
tongue_smile.gif

So you're far from being the only one to screw up lol.

Apology accepted; welcome back to the Light Side*  
beerchug.gif

*we're just waiting on Karendar now
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #15,217 of 24,683

Well, it takes character to apologise publically like that.
I think/(hope!) I've been one of the more consistently positive and unbiased people on here, and I still managed once to annoy some people unintentionally and get cautioned by a moderator, much to my mortification
tongue_smile.gif

So you're far from being the only one to screw up lol.

Apology accepted; welcome back to the Light Side*  
beerchug.gif

*we're just waiting on Karendar now
wink.gif

I think he must already be back if he is ordering a PM6. :)

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #15,219 of 24,683
Just a quick update on my Phantom Airs.

Sound quality is great, I still haven't gone through the various filters yet though. I'm using the double-flange tips and they seem to stay in fairly well while out and about (haven't used them while exercising yet).

However I was a little bit disappointed that I've been experiencing seemingly random drop-outs of audio from the right earpiece, when this happens the music seems to fade out or go silent completely from that earpiece and then eventually come back. It happened even when my phone was directly in front of me, i.e equidistant from both earpieces so I'm not sure if this is because the connection is only to the main left earpiece and then it transmits the sound to the right earpiece (I suspect this is how it works) or if there is some issue with the wireless performance of the Airs.

In addition I have to say that the battery life has not been the best, I have yet to do a formal measurement but it's definitely a lot less than 4 hours and when I put them into the charging case the colours of the charging indicator lights on the earpieces is not easy to figure out, sometimes they are red, sometimes blue, sometimes only one is red and the other is blue. I would guess that blue means fully charged, but when I take them out and switch them on, the number and frequency of the flashing LEDs does not seem to correspond with what the manual says should indicate a 75-100% charge level. I also don't get a battery level displayed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, although I understand that this might be device specific.

I'm going to need to see if I can reliably get 2 to 2.5 hours of battery life out of these otherwise they might need to be restricted to running events that are less than half marathon distance.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #15,221 of 24,683

Sound quality is great, I still haven't gone through the various filters yet though. I'm using the double-flange tips and they seem to stay in fairly well while out and about (haven't used them while exercising yet).

However I was a little bit disappointed that I've been experiencing seemingly random drop-outs of audio from the right earpiece, when this happens the music seems to fade out or go silent completely from that earpiece and then eventually come back. It happened even when my phone was directly in front of me, i.e equidistant from both earpieces so I'm not sure if this is because the connection is only to the main left earpiece and then it transmits the sound to the right earpiece (I suspect this is how it works) or if there is some issue with the wireless performance of the Airs.

In addition I have to say that the battery life has not been the best, I have yet to do a formal measurement but it's definitely a lot less than 4 hours and when I put them into the charging case the colours of the charging indicator lights on the earpieces is not easy to figure out, sometimes they are red, sometimes blue, sometimes only one is red and the other is blue. I would guess that blue means fully charged, but when I take them out and switch them on, the number and frequency of the flashing LEDs does not seem to correspond with what the manual says should indicate a 75-100% charge level. I also don't get a battery level displayed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, although I understand that this might be device specific.

I'm going to need to see if I can reliably get 2 to 2.5 hours of battery life out of these otherwise they might need to be restricted to running events that are less than half marathon distance.

I hate drop outs. This the case I will not be an happy camper

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #15,222 of 24,683

Usually with Bluetooth earphones one side picks up the signal from your phone and transmits it to the other channel. Do you have another device to test them with? This way you will be able to tell if the drop outs caused by the phone or the actual earphones. 
2 hr-2.5 hrs doesn't sound sufficient to me brand new out of the box. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #15,223 of 24,683

No no, the Icarus will be much different. :) Don't worry, you'll love em I'm sure.

You better be right Karendar! Your helpfulness of providing the discount code led me to making another oh-so-convenient order with them today.

Now I have the Master, Icarus III, Icarus I, and Hunter on order...

I have you to thank for that...  :D

Guys join the Trinity freight train! 

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #15,224 of 24,683
From what i hear i expect the AIR to be like these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earphones/32714945371.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.LYme3S

but with better audio specs. I do hope so ... since yes they have 2 or 3 hours battery time, but these are compatible with my head :)

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #15,225 of 24,683
  From what i hear i expect the AIR to be like these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earphones/32714945371.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.LYme3S

but with better audio specs. I do hope so ... since yes they have 2 or 3 hours battery time, but these are compatible with my head :)

Hmm... a $20 set of Bluetooth earphones? Correct me if I'm wrong but the Air are X6 - X7 more expensive and it's not from an unknown Chinese company.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back