TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,306 of 1,582
Don't be sorry. :slight_smile:

It reads like there are two in each IEM, so two for each Left and Right.

"Inside your will find our 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer combined with our series 2 wideband balanced armature."

"11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer + second generation balanced armature"

https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/products/copy-of-icarus-iii
Thanks man i was just a bit confused. Sometimes i get a bit lost in the wording xD. Like for the longest ididn't actually know how many drivers were in the phantom masters. I own the phantom master 4 and the phantom master does anybody have any guesses as to how they will both comapre to the icarus 3, i just ordered it the other day. Apparently its meant to have better imaging but that is about all i know tbh.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,307 of 1,582
And I can third that, they sent me replacement gold filters as I had the same problem also. Trouble is I can't decide whether I prefer the gold or the green filter?

I like them both but keep going back to the Gold no damper as they don't hold anything back, they come off as full range nothing is blocked. The green is a tad more mid forward which I do like as all the filters are further back in that regards, but the green just need more bass to be perfect. So I guess if you like vocals the green are great, if you like non vocal the Gold undamped are the go to. Initially I though the PM6 was sibilant but when I went to the Cowon P2 and balanced that all changed. The PM6 are very revealing and do it all.

Aug 18, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,308 of 1,582
Just received my Icarus III-- it came with two cables, but for some reason one of the cables only seems to transmit sound to the left earpiece. I looked at the plug and it seems to have three bands (like you'd find for a smartphone headset with remote). Tried it on my Fiio X1 and my Android phone, same issue from both sources. Is that to be expected? The regular cable (with just two bands) works fine.

Aug 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #1,309 of 1,582
Just received my Icarus III-- it came with two cables, but for some reason one of the cables only seems to transmit sound to the left earpiece. I looked at the plug and it seems to have three bands (like you'd find for a smartphone headset with remote). Tried it on my Fiio X1 and my Android phone, same issue from both sources. Is that to be expected? The regular cable (with just two bands) works fine.

The 3 banded cable is Trinitys balanced 3.5mm cable.

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #1,312 of 1,582
The Icarus is lighter to a not-insignificant extent. It definitely has a positive effect on the ability to achieve a good seal.
That's encouraging. I can get a good seal with the Masters and foam tips, or silicon ones if I use those longer filters, and they stay in even if I'm walking around with them on. I'm thinking of making the Icarus III my EDC pair so a weight reduction would definitely be appreciated.

Aug 22, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #1,313 of 1,582
view
view
Thee Trinity is complete! triception Phantom master 4 + Phantom Master + Icarus III :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhrzcyTRcgNcEhIb2VmMm5CdXM/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,314 of 1,582
Just received my Icarus III's today, fantastic sounding IEMs, really a cut above anything I've used before, very happy so far :)

The main body shell on mine is a dark gun metal colour now, not the silver as shown on their website, think I prefer the new colour any way so not a problem for me.

Anyway, I'll give these some serious listening time over the next few weeks and report back :)

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,315 of 1,582
Aug 22, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,316 of 1,582
Hi guys. I just posted a brief impression of the Hunter in the main Trinity Thread. Someone asked there.
I also did an (even more brief) impression of Hunter vs IcarusIII.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...ull-hybrid-iem.796729/page-1426#post-13674718

Good stuff @Howlin Fester :) For me the Icy III is a more relaxed and yes less detailed/analytical but the Master fills that gap for me, I'm guessing the Hunter is even more crisp/defined as you say and what I would expect for it's price point but I've got that <$300 iem cutoff price so may never really know just how far apart the Master and Hunter are:rolling_eyes: After the Delta's the Master and Icarus III's are Bob's best offerings to date IMO which is why I'm so tempted to make that R1 jump as I think he like so many others have figured out DD may be the future of iem's after all! Helps me understand the expense to building and especially tuning multi BA iem's and looking at Nice HCK (AliEx) and some of the crazy not too mention expensive 12/18 BA iem's I wonder if they really have the skills (R&D) to make multi BA iem's the likes of the Noble's, CA's and JA's of the world? It's like the battle of the most BA's wins:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Going to be funny if single DD comes back around to delivering all the goods for far less! I mean Nirvana in audio is such a pipe dream anyway:scream:

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,317 of 1,582
Good stuff @Howlin Fester :) For me the Icy III is a more relaxed and yes less detailed/analytical but the Master fills that gap for me, I'm guessing the Hunter is even more crisp/defined as you say and what I would expect for it's price point but I've got that <$300 iem cutoff price so may never really know just how far apart the Master and Hunter are:rolling_eyes: After the Delta's the Master and Icarus III's are Bob's best offerings to date IMO which is why I'm so tempted to make that R1 jump as I think he like so many others have figured out DD may be the future of iem's after all! Helps me understand the expense to building and especially tuning multi BA iem's and looking at Nice HCK (AliEx) and some of the crazy not too mention expensive 12/18 BA iem's I wonder if they really have the skills (R&D) to make multi BA iem's the likes of the Noble's, CA's and JA's of the world? It's like the battle of the most BA's wins:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Going to be funny if single DD comes back around to delivering all the goods for far less! I mean Nirvana in audio is such a pipe dream anyway:scream:
I will sit down at some point and compare the Icky3 with the DeltaVII. I really love the Delta VII and use it all the time on the go and before bed when I can. I need to see if i enjoy Icky3 more or less than the Delta. Right now I KNOW I like the Hunter. I'm not sure what the greater than $500 iems would give me. But I have been eyeing the JH-12 and 16 customs for years. And now the Campfire Audio Vega is on my radar as well. I have top of the line headphones, and don't use them anywhere near as much as I use IEMs. So I would expect at some point, I'm going to spend 1200 to 1500 and get myself a top of the line IEM. But that definitely WON'T be a trend for me. Maybe one and done.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,318 of 1,582
I will sit down at some point and compare the Icky3 with the DeltaVII. I really love the Delta VII and use it all the time on the go and before bed when I can. I need to see if i enjoy Icky3 more or less than the Delta. Right now I KNOW I like the Hunter. I'm not sure what the greater than $500 iems would give me. But I have been eyeing the JH-12 and 16 customs for years. And now the Campfire Audio Vega is on my radar as well. I have top of the line headphones, and don't use them anywhere near as much as I use IEMs. So I would expect at some point, I'm going to spend 1200 to 1500 and get myself a top of the line IEM. But that definitely WON'T be a trend for me. Maybe one and done.

IMO they can be filtered up to sound very close, may end up just being a fit comfort thing for you. Of course that's just based on my hearing! My buddy loves his JH-13's, I'm for sure Custom's would be end of the line for me:rolling_eyes: Famous last word:scream: LOL

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,319 of 1,582

Use the gold filters. If you are into detail retrieval, they are superior to the gunmetal

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,320 of 1,582
IMO they can be filtered up to sound very close, may end up just being a fit comfort thing for you. Of course that's just based on my hearing! My buddy loves his JH-13's, I'm for sure Custom's would be end of the line for me:rolling_eyes: Famous last word:scream: LOL
I will try it out. I kinda am a believer in burn in. And I haven't done any burn in on the Icky3. So I need to do that, and then spend quality time with them. As for the expensive ones. I wanted to get customs, but also read a bunch of people had fit problems and had to send them backt 2 or 3 times. I also read that with customs, if you gain or lose weight it can change the fit. So I DO really like the ideas of the universal. If I can get a great sounding universal and have a tip I love, then I'm definitely not opposed to universals. But 1200-1500 is my max.

Use the gold filters. If you are into detail retrieval, they are superior to the gunmetal
I will for sure try out the gold filters. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back