TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #1,277 of 1,582
Can't tell you, I haven't received mine yet, but from last experience, there build quality and overall cosmetic is as good as it get. I really like their original delta.

Many thanks :)

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #1,278 of 1,582
Who's using Auvio tips here on their trinity iems? Any impression? I'm planning to buy. Thanks

I got ears like Shrek, use Large Auvio's on both my Delta's and Master's:wink:

@Danger Mouse IMO the Master's and Icarus III can hang with my A4's, P-1's, Sendiy M1221's and Noble X's on build and sound quality especially if you get either at the discounted price:beerchug:

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #1,279 of 1,582
I got ears like Shrek, use Large Auvio's on both my Delta's and Master's:wink:

@Danger Mouse IMO the Master's and Icarus III can hang with my A4's, P-1's, Sendiy M1221's and Noble X's on build and sound quality especially if you get either at the discounted price:beerchug:

@Podster many thanks for the feedback, think I'll pick up a set then :D

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #1,281 of 1,582
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,282 of 1,582
How do the Icarus III's @ £80 new compare to other offerings from other brands available at a similar price? Is that really a true deal or is it roughly where they should be priced?

I think it's a really good deal at 80. Tips alone will cost you. Then there is the tool to change out the back covers. The trrs extension and the 1/4 adapter. Price those with shipping and the iem alone seems cheaper already. Lets not forget the different nozzles. That is 12 different sound signatures, or 12 different IEM's for those that are allergic to EQ. It response to EQ very well, which some other IEM's don't do at all.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,283 of 1,582
For the benefit of anyone who hasn't tried this, here's what the Vyrus V2 filters look like on the Master.
IMAG1221.jpg

Previously, the tips were right up against the base of the filter. This might help master users who have insertion issues (although if you don't already have a Sabre or a Vyrus V2 to scavenge filters from it's an expensive experiment).
I'll have a longer listen with these in and report back :ksc75smile:

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,284 of 1,582
@sirkuttin

You will get more resolution and better imaging and layering and width/separation with a true dedicated DAP. As much as I also love my LGV10 is does not compare to my DAP's.

Of course. I don't think I was trying to convince anyone otherwise. It's just what I prefer to use at the moment. Primarily because it gives me great flexibility. I mainly used it in the comparison to showcase viper4android and point out some drivers do have capabilities that are not at their full potential in their stock presentation.

He did mention he was using an xduoo xd-05 with burson v5i opamp. The Burson alone makes a big difference.

This dac/amp is what I mainly use for these. My portable/gym setup is my shure se215 connected to a westone BT cable with my lg v10 with Viper4Android.

I personally don't think it's that much of a power issue nor DAC (OpAmp), with phones it's all the competing apps inside the device for me and I have numerous iDevices but none of them can hold a candle to my Opus! Now put the XD-05 on the Opus and it's a whole nutha story again:wink:

I should have mentioned I have totally hacked the LG V10 to be for my music only. It is not my main phone and is only for audio. I removed a great deal of apps and background processes including the mobile radio processes, turned off all syncs from running etc etc. It's not perfect but fairly close to and android daps you can get in terms of processes running.

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #1,286 of 1,582
If you could get the Icarus III at 75 pounds still I would go for it. The company drives me crazy, but at that price this is a great iem. i really like the tuning options.

I agree with this. It looks like you can still get them at that price. It's a very universal iem that sounds great with nearly all genres. Also, it's not picky. It seriously sounds very decent with my janky phone. So you can get these now without a very good source and actually be able to enjoy them. Then get a better source later and watch then open up amazingly. I believe the credit for this lack of pickiness comes from the push pull dynamic drivers. The push pull configuration makes the drivers more efficient and better controlled.

As a personal note: i dislike all filters besides the blue ones. I definitely lean towards the neutral filters. I think all the treble smoothing filters go too far and lose too much detail. However, these blue ones do get a small bit fatiguing. The best for me would be this blue filters with a small amount of treble smoothing. I wonder if i can take the treble smoothing material from another filter, attach to the blue filter and punch a hole in the middle of the material to get what I want.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #1,288 of 1,582
. I believe the credit for this lack of pickiness comes from the push pull dynamic drivers. The push pull configuration makes the drivers more efficient and better controlled.
The IcarusIII doesn't have the push-pull drivers, they are only in the Master.
Perhaps the "lack of pickiness comes from using a bigger dynamic driver?

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,289 of 1,582
The IcarusIII doesn't have the push-pull drivers, they are only in the Master.
Perhaps the "lack of pickiness comes from using a bigger dynamic driver?

Ah my mistake. Dual coil dynamic driver is in the Icarus III. Yeah a larger diaphragm driver is normally more efficient than a smaller one. The dual coil, presumably voice coil, coupled with it needing to have less excursion for a given SPL must be better controlling this larger diaphragm.

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #1,290 of 1,582
Thanks for the recs everyone, I've just placed an order for the Icarus III's, can't wait for them to arrive :D

Any idea how long they take to ship out for an in stock item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back