TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,336 of 1,582
Well I only have these trinity's now, since I lost everything a few days ago in the massive Texas flood. However you can drill and made some extra notches in the secondary back cover. I'm thinking the extra internal volume you then create for the dynamic driver will change the sound of the earbuds once again and give you a totally different tone.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,337 of 1,582
Well I only have these trinity's now, since I lost everything a few days ago in the massive Texas flood. However you can drill and made some extra notches in the secondary back cover. I'm thinking the extra internal volume you then create for the dynamic driver will change the sound of the earbuds once again and give you a totally different tone.
I am so sorry. God bless and hope you can recover.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #1,340 of 1,582

Ahh sorry to hear that! Take care mate, God Bless.

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #1,341 of 1,582
I am really sorry for you. My thoughts are with you

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,342 of 1,582

Man, that's awful. I'm sorry that's happened to you and yours. Do you have a place to stay in the interim?

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #1,344 of 1,582
We have shelter at the moment. Just hoping my house doesn't get looted as we are away. The looters are in full effect around my neighborhood.
Glad you have a place to stay. Hope your home is spared. When I went through this, the sheriff guarded the area roads. Vermin would have to enter by boat. They didn't want to get trapped on the water and left us alone. Wish you well.

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #1,345 of 1,582
You can drill and made some extra notches in the secondary back cover. I'm thinking the extra internal volume you then create for the dynamic driver will change the sound of the earbuds once again and give you a totally different tone.

Are you thinking of the internal metal cover or the faceplates? If you went right through the internal cover and then drilled out the yellow faceplates but left the red or blue ones you could almost do a swappable open/closed-back system.

I only just got mine though, so I'm not super keen to try myself...

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,346 of 1,582
Is it weird that I like the Vyrus v2 (green filter) more than the Icarus III (Purple filter)? I just can't seem to get the air and sparkle that I can hear from the Vyrus to the Icarus III. I know the Icy III's were meant to be a little more on the dark side of tuning, but to think I would prefer the Vyrus more boggles me... btw I haven't tested other filters yet cos my Icy III has loose threading and I am waiting for a replacement pair.

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,347 of 1,582
Is it weird that I like the Vyrus v2 (green filter) more than the Icarus III (Purple filter)? I just can't seem to get the air and sparkle that I can hear from the Vyrus to the Icarus III. I know the Icy III's were meant to be a little more on the dark side of tuning, but to think I would prefer the Vyrus more boggles me... btw I haven't tested other filters yet cos my Icy III has loose threading and I am waiting for a replacement pair.
I also had loose threading on one side of mine and the purple filter was the only one that fit. All other filters fell out without threading. Indicating to me that they were shipped out knowing they were defective.

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,349 of 1,582
Hi what tips do you guys recommend for the Icarus III? Also any of you guys have difficulty fitting the Trinity hybrid tips on them?
I have fallen for the Spiral Dots (quite easy to find on eBay, though shipping from Japan)... Really loving those!

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,350 of 1,582
Hi what tips do you guys recommend for the Icarus III? Also any of you guys have difficulty fitting the Trinity hybrid tips on them?

I agree on the spiral dots, they sound great to me. As for the hybrid tips, size sml is a bitch to get on ( even worse on the Vyrus 2 tips )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back