TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 19, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #61 of 1,582
The other thread reminds me of a nutty customers I have at work, he shrugged his shoulders, he threw a paper in a trash bin, he had a stain on his throusers it means slept rough, had same clothes yesterday and today means slept in clothes, on time he was late don't send anymore.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #63 of 1,582
Well, how about that, a Trinity thread I can read without having my misanthropy triggered. 

Another Vyrus+PM4 user here, I have had the Vyrus as my EDC earphone since late August and have treated it with...not a lot of mercy really. I wear it when I'm running or cycling (judge all you want), mowing lawns and walking around my place of work. My children and cat have all tried to eat them or at least chew on them. I once accidentally dragged them across a busy street, and not only have they stood up to the wear and tear of my everyday life, they've done it with a wide u-shaped smile (silver filters, don't remember if they're dampened or not, but I think not). 

Somewhere in the bowels of the other thread I've already waxed poetic about the Pm4, and if you can be bothered to go find my original comments they still ring true. More so now that I've fitted them with the kombi tips.
I have had the connection on my left side become loose, but on further inspection, this was to do with the cable connector not having as tight a grip on the earpiece connector as it used to. Solution? A small piece of whatever brand sellotape I had in the house placed over the earpiece connector. The male pins in the cable connector pierce the tape and make contact with the female pins in the earpiece connector and the extra fraction of thickness provided by the sellotape keeps the cable snugly in place. It's probably not a Trinity-approved solution, but it seemed superior to supergluing my cable in since I want to still be able to replace said cable if it breaks.

Looking forward to the Master, it will get here when it gets here :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #64 of 1,582
I intend to do a lot of chilling I need it!

ICARUS I and II have been a pain. Lots of issues with chips, power supply and various other issues, thankfully we think we have it sorted now. Fingers crossed we can be into pre production prototypes within 8 weeks now. We did want them done in time for canjam socal but it just wasn't to be.

Can't wait to see what you guys deliver. Ignore the other thread as much as you want, all of us do. :wink:

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #65 of 1,582
@Bobtrinity
Cheers,
Happy to hear you again. If it's possible can you please post a photo  of the PM6 packaging. You can post it in any convenient way here or instagram.
Thank you in advance. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #66 of 1,582
Thanks so much for starting this new thread. The other one has become so unpleasant and also has no content/information!
I'm really enjoying my pm4 which I'm running balanced from a Pono. The pm4 has a "pure" sound, with a really nice tight bass. Listening to it, except for the bass, nothing much is very noticeable, but when I try my other iems suddenly I recognize how good the pm4 is and quickly return to it!
I'm surprised how little attention the pm4 has received, perhaps it's because it doesn't have a very noticeable sound signature (definitely not a warm and definitely not a clinical character). It just sounds "uncluttered" and good to me! I'm also using trinity's kombi tips which I like - but they are absolute "bears" to fit onto the filter/nozzles eliciting a few uncouth statements!
My thanks to other posters for sharing their thoughts and suggestions on their trinity gear.

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #68 of 1,582
My hacked pm4 are so good I need to not use them otherwise all day I won't do anything. Hihi

Your statement caught my eye!  How are they "hacked" and just how do they sound different from factory stock?

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #69 of 1,582
Hey, @Bob A, I notice you own VSD3S and PM4's, how do they compare? I have the VSD5S and am waiting on MASTER, so a similar situation with similar products.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #70 of 1,582
  Hey, @Bob A, I notice you own VSD3S and PM4's, how do they compare? I have the VSD5S and am waiting on MASTER, so a similar situation with similar products.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread that my Technes eclipsed the VSD3S and Puro IE500 in my view.  The PM4 simply elevates things. 

Haven't used my VSD3S, IE500, or UEs-A1 in eons as a result, which is not to say the first two aren't worthy IEMs (FWIW the UEs-A1 is my only Chinese set which was obtained from the vendor whose name shall not be mentioned.... it's a honker
frown.gif
  ).  I just much prefer my Trinitys as richer and more satisfying.

I've been retired for 10 years now and seem to find myself funding a lot of medical personnel. 
eek.gif
   The Technes are my go tos for doctors office waiting rooms and the PM4s for walk abouts closer to home.  Seated at the computer it's my Senn cans and relaxing in the living room it's my biamped subwoofer augmented Magneplanar stereo system.  Music soothes the soul! 
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I have high hopes for the Master as a refinement of the PM4.  I suspect you'll find it will have nuances that top your Vsonic although both will have their place.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #71 of 1,582

I think I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread that my Technes eclipsed the VSD3S and Puro IE500 in my view.  The PM4 simply elevates things. 

Haven't used my VSD3S, IE500, or UEs-A1 in eons as a result, which is not to say the first two aren't worthy IEMs (FWIW the UEs-A1 is my only Chinese set which was obtained from the vendor whose name shall not be mentioned.... it's a honker
frown.gif
  ).  I just much prefer my Trinitys as richer and more satisfying.

I've been retired for 10 years now and seem to find myself funding a lot of medical personnel. 
eek.gif
   The Technes are my go tos for doctors office waiting rooms and the PM4s for walk abouts closer to home.  Seated at the computer it's my Senn cans and relaxing in the living room it's my biamped subwoofer augmented Magneplanar stereo system.  Music soothes the soul! 
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I have high hopes for the Master as a refinement of the PM4.  I suspect you'll find it will have nuances that top your Vsonic although both will have their place.

Fantastic, thanks very much. Sorry, I must have forgotten reading that as I have been and will continue to follow each post in this thread, at least until the MASTER's arrive.
I am beyond excited to try them out, even the tunability and customisation is something I have never had before. Thanks again.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #72 of 1,582
Your statement caught my eye!  How are they "hacked" and just how do they sound different from factory stock?

Everything is better. It's effortless in anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back