TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #76 of 1,582
I have ordered both the PM6 and the Hunter. Just curious as to whether people agree that I should listen to the PM6 first and then move to the Hunter?

Sure, listening to either one of them first won't make a difference. If there is a difference you should be able to notice something was added or removed between the two in sound signature.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #77 of 1,582
  I have ordered both the PM6 and the Hunter. Just curious as to whether people agree that I should listen to the PM6 first and then move to the Hunter?

Normally I'd say go with the Hunter first since at the time of release it was to be the top dog in the Trinity lineup but as fast as Bob & Co. keep adding new high level iem's it may not be the top anymore. Then on the other hand I expect these two to have a very different sound signature due to the PM6 being an out of phase array, I think some disliked this about the PM4 signature but I think Bob and this design strays from what we usually expect to hear from any Trinity iem! A few of the reviewers I respect out here did not care much for the PM4 and IMO it was the out of phase design that caused this as most like the rest of the line and the progressions Trinity has made in the lineup.

Naturally if you already own a PM4 I would expect an audible upgrade in the PM6, same for the Hunter, if one owns a Delta V2 or Sabre's I'd expect a big leap in the Hunter. Just my opinion and of course being as subjective as this hobby is not to mention we all hear them just a little differently. What I would expect most of all is that these should be two very fine iem's in their own right and be commensurate to cost.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #78 of 1,582
Duracek, that is an interesting question. Have no idea how I would handle it. Perhaps as you say, start with the 6. If I couldn't decide, there is a novel technique to try. Put a 6 in one ear and a Hunter in the other. Play some mono Beatles, Beach Boys, or Pink Floyd. This will give instant comparision of the two sound signatures. My Pono Player runs two earphones at once in share mode (uses the extra 2 amp channels). You can also do this with a splitter.

Would love to know if the tuning between the 6 and Hunter is close enough to give a solid centered image? Enjoy the Trinity.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #79 of 1,582
I plan to start with the AIR. Then the hunter. After I made up my mind about both, I will switch to something totally different, like a planar set of cans. Then, the PM6. 
I expect the PM6 and hunter to be different, but not widely different in tuning. So a less refined set of ears like mine might not notice the difference enough if used back to back.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #81 of 1,582
Well, let's see...started with the Delta, then moved up to the Delta II (I have a thing for products named after rockets 
wink_face.gif
...I know Bob, probably not your reason 
biggrin.gif
), pre-ordered the new Master, and...oh yeah...picked up the Phantom Sabre for while I'm waiting. 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I might be a fan of Trinity...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #83 of 1,582
Duracek, that is an interesting question. Have no idea how I would handle it. Perhaps as you say, start with the 6. If I couldn't decide, there is a novel technique to try. Put a 6 in one ear and a Hunter in the other. Play some mono Beatles, Beach Boys, or Pink Floyd. This will give instant comparision of the two sound signatures. My Pono Player runs two earphones at once in share mode (uses the extra 2 amp channels). You can also do this with a splitter.

Would love to know if the tuning between the 6 and Hunter is close enough to give a solid centered image? Enjoy the Trinity.

I've done the put one in one ear and one in the other. You will detect some things but not other. It's a good start but if they are equally loud it will be hard to tell the difference especially if one hear biology is different than the other. You may hear differently on either ear. You may also miss on depth and spacial Q's doing this.

They way I do it is with a splitter and plug both in. I know it's not the BEST method (impedance, power etc) but it's always been enough for me to tell what I like or don't. I then play music and quickly switch out the two. This works pretty well and I do use song's I've hear over 1,000 times and I look for what I know my best IEM already pulls off and I expect the new one to bring it out more which is the whole idea of the test.

Just my stupid opinion.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #84 of 1,582

I would say you plan is sound.  Go with the PM6, then try out the Hunter.

However, I will throw this suggestion at you.  Check them both out within a few days of receiving.  Many, many moons ago, I ordered the Delta and Hyperion from the original KS campaign.  I put the Delta in and it was a long, long time before I tried out the Hyperion.  Ends up, there was a small manufacturing mishap with the hyperion and I didn't notice it for a long time.  There was some extra glue that had clogged up the sound hole and caused the right iem to be very (physically) painful and had bloated bass.  Bob and Jake took excellent care of me as they do for everyone.  I will definitely be checking out my Hunter and Atlas-Delta very quickly.  Then burning them in.

I will say that there is rarely a day that goes buy when I don't listen to my Atlas Delta VII.  Sometimes just cruising through some work, sometimes watching my son's sports, sometimes closed eyes and music before sleep.  I don't think I've ever really had a relationship with music like this since I was in high school and listening to music on the bus with my (very expensive) Sony Walkman.

Trinity Delta VII iem makes it physically easy to access my music and melodically easy to listen to.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #86 of 1,582
@Bob A (SD), you are a genius! I have had all kinds of trouble getting a good seal/ fit with the Trinity Atlas. The best fit was the large memory foam tips from Trinity. Wanted something that was a standard tip. I was checking out a Radio Shack and saw the Auvio tips you recommended, on sale.

The large Auvio tips are the best fit of any I have tried. They seal great and sound great without having to resort to foam. Thank you, thank you.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #87 of 1,582
@Bob A (SD), you are a genius! I have had all kinds of trouble getting a good seal/ fit with the Trinity Atlas. The best fit was the large memory foam tips from Trinity. Wanted something that was a standard tip. I was checking out a Radio Shack and saw the Auvio tips you recommended, on sale.

The large Auvio tips are the best fit of any I have tried. They seal great and sound great without having to resort to foam. Thank you, thank you.

Most become an Auvio convert on their first try
wink_face.gif

They fit so good one just goes Ah-Vio
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #88 of 1,582

Most become an Auvio convert on their first try
wink_face.gif

They fit so good one just goes Ah-Vio
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

+1!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #89 of 1,582
Interestingly my Auvio package is different. It has 1 pair of S, M, and L. Not sure why these fit better than others. They don't look out of the ordinary.

Are Auvio a brand seperate from Radio Shack?

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #90 of 1,582
  Interestingly my Auvio package is different. It has 1 pair of S, M, and L. Not sure why these fit better than others. They don't look out of the ordinary.

Are Auvio a brand seperate from Radio Shack?

Could be Auvio sells to retailers and why you get the three size options. They do say the name Auvio somewhere on the packaging right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back