TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #31 of 1,582
Thankyou for this thris thread. Haven't viewed or posted in the other for over a month due to the asinine rubbish.

I own Vyrus, Master 4, Sabre and have Master, Master 6, Vyrus 2 and Icarus 3 incoming. I'm a huge fan of Trinity and their ethi, so much so I've offered work to them.

I'm convinced their new products shall be well worth the wait.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #32 of 1,582
Thankyou for this thris thread. Haven't viewed or posted in the other for over a month due to the asinine rubbish.

I own Vyrus, Master 4, Sabre and have Master, Master 6, Vyrus 2 and Icarus 3 incoming. I'm a huge fan of Trinity and their ethi, so much so I've offered work to them.

I'm convinced their new products shall be well worth the wait.

What, no Hyperion? Pssh. Some fan...
wink_face.gif

But seriously, how does the Vyrus hold up against the Master 4? I've been tempted to pick one, because I imagine it's very comfortable, but I was afraid it would just be a lesser version of the PM4.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #37 of 1,582
What, no Hyperion? Pssh. Some fan... :wink_face:

But seriously, how does the Vyrus hold up against the Master 4? I've been tempted to pick one, because I imagine it's very comfortable, but I was afraid it would just be a lesser version of the PM4.

Haha. To give some context I'm disabled and bedbound. I essentially have music playing 24/7. Whilst admittedly the Master 4 is my go to for serious, analytical listening I use the Vyrus for fun. Playing games on the computer, audiobooks, writing music, trying to sleep, whilst sleeping. The Vyrus is incredible and I can't wait to see how good the Vyrus 2 is. My collection include Shure SE215, Sennheiser IE80 and the M4 is significantly better than both.

Also, my wife has the Vyrus. She listens to music, audiobooks, plays games. She rates the Vyrus as the best earphones she's heard. My daughter tries to steal them. Look, the Vyrus is screw**g amazing, so much so I have four Vyrus 2 on order - me, wifey, daughter and daughter's boyfriend. I cannot rate the Vyrus highly enough given its price point. The Vyrus is very different than the M4.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #40 of 1,582
Haha. To give some context I'm disabled and bedbound. I essentially have music playing 24/7. Whilst admittedly the Master 4 is my go to for serious, analytical listening I use the Vyrus for fun. Playing games on the computer, audiobooks, writing music, trying to sleep, whilst sleeping. The Vyrus is incredible and I can't wait to see how good the Vyrus 2 is. My collection include Shure SE215, Sennheiser IE80 and the M4 is significantly better than both.

Also, my wife has the Vyrus. She listens to music, audiobooks, plays games. She rates the Vyrus as the best earphones she's heard. My daughter tries to steal them. Look, the Vyrus is screw**g amazing, so much so I have four Vyrus 2 on order - me, wifey, daughter and daughter's boyfriend. I cannot rate the Vyrus highly enough given its price point. The Vyrus is very different than the M4.

Part of the reason I decided to buy the Masters was that so many people have more than one Trinity item. That bodes well, if you ask me. I will probably end up in the boat eventually myself, especially if the Icarus IV turns out to be what I think it is. I'm waiting to see how the Vyrus 2 sounds (a friend ordered a pair), so I'm waiting on that for now.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #41 of 1,582
Part of the reason I decided to buy the Masters was that so many people have more than one Trinity item. That bodes well, if you ask me. I will probably end up in the boat eventually myself, especially if the Icarus IV turns out to be what I think it is. I'm waiting to see how the Vyrus 2 sounds (a friend ordered a pair), so I'm waiting on that for now.

My first product from them was the Atlas. They were new and from a new company and considered amazing and amazing for the price. I thought they would be something amazing and special. They were just ok, meh. They quickly were abandined by Trinity within 6 months and now are not spoken of and are in obscurity in IEM world. They didn't leave a lasting impression on me or others.

Lets go back in time, and look at an older (well) designed and less expensive single balanced IEM which would make you think anything new would shame it. Well the it's the other way around I discovered. The Final Audio III shames the Atlas in what it achieves and in price.

I was kind of bumbed that a $69.00 IEM can do that, but lesson learned. When people state a well designed single balanced BA can best a multi-driver IEM I could not wrap my head around how. Now I get it. More is not always better and quality, design and implementation are the key. When the PM6 appeared I thought I would give the multi-drivers another chance.

This will be my last try with Trinity and I hope the PM6 does what we would all expect a multi-driver be able to do.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #42 of 1,582
My first product from them was the Atlas. They were new and from a new company and considered amazing and amazing for the price. I thought they would be something amazing and special. They were just ok, meh. They quickly were abandined by Trinity within 6 months and now are not spoken of and are in obscurity in IEM world. They didn't leave a lasting impression on me or others.

Lets go back in time, and look at an older (well) designed and less expensive single balanced IEM which would make you think anything new would shame it. Well the it's the other way around I discovered. The Final Audio III shames the Atlas in what it achieves and in price.

I was kind of bumbed that a $69.00 IEM can do that, but lesson learned. When people state a well designed single balanced BA can best a multi-driver IEM I could not wrap my head around how. Now I get it. More is not always better and quality, design and implementation are the key. When the PM6 appeared I thought I would give the multi-drivers another chance.

This will be my last try with Trinity and I hope the PM6 does what we would all expect a multi-driver be able to do.

I'll be honest, as soon as I see that something has a balanced armature as its one and only driver, I don't even consider it. Even dual BA's usually don't get a second glance from me. Maybe that is hasty. It's just that, in my experience, quad BA's tend to sound the best compared to the other options within the same line-up. Sometimes, I buy a triple BA because of price/performance or some other factor. With a single BA, I always find something missing or off (typically the bass) to the point where it makes more sense to get a DD earphone. The Shure SE315's were about the best single BA's I heard, and even those were a bit lacking. Compared to the similarly priced DD-based MEE P1's, they fall pretty short, IMO. 

Thanks for the information about your experience with Trinity. It's good to see a diversity of opinions. I am cautiously optimistic about the company and, I will admit, my bar is pretty low considering the price I paid for them.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #43 of 1,582
Hyperion, Techne, Delta, Delta V2, Sabre, Vyrus and PM4:smiley: I love them all and not really sure i could rank them by sound as they all have confugurations that can make them so versatile with so many fifferent rigs but for what I got some of these for they slay a lot in the same price range. Now I can't wait to start hearing the new series:thumbsup:

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #45 of 1,582
I only have the Trinity Audio Atlas and Sony XBA-H1 with BA drivers. Both are hybrid dynamic/BA. The Sony BA driver is considerably smoother, more airy, and extended sounding. The Atlas has the tighter bass. Don't think either use a crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back