TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #484 of 1,582
Those look gorgeous!  Can't wait for mine! 
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #485 of 1,582
Im extremely happy with the master, seem to be getting better and better after a good few hours as well ......i was wondering if anyone has any opinion or info on how the hunter are or would be that much of a step up over the master??? As im already impressed.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #486 of 1,582
Im extremely happy with the master, seem to be getting better and better after a good few hours as well ......i was wondering if anyone has any opinion or info on how the hunter are or would be that much of a step up over the master??? As im already impressed.

Well I don't believe that anyone has received their Hunters yet to compare, but based on technical information, it would seem likely that the Hunter would be a major step up from the Master.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #487 of 1,582
Well I don't believe that anyone has received their Hunters yet to compare, but based on technical information, it would seem likely that the Hunter would be a major step up from the Master.

Can you or anyone elaborate on tech info???? I know thay they are better build and obviously litz cables, but im not certain on driver differences if any??? Tuning??? Etc Not much on trinity site And i only started following the phantom threads properly from january.
I know theres no info on sound yet , waiting on my hunter too .

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #488 of 1,582
Can you or anyone elaborate on tech info???? I know thay they are better build and obviously litz cables, but im not certain on driver differences if any??? Tuning??? Etc Not much on trinity site And i only started following the phantom threads properly from january.
I know theres no info on sound yet , waiting on my hunter too .

The Hunters are produced in a 5 driver configuration. One dual coil dynamic driver and 2 dual balanced armature drivers. But the real jewel in the crown from this model is the chamber vectoring system. Note though that this is 2 steps up from your Master. The next step is the PM6 which adds another 2 drivers from the Master.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #489 of 1,582
The Hunters are produced in a 5 driver configuration. One dual coil dynamic driver and 2 dual balanced armature drivers. But the real jewel in the crown from this model is the chamber vectoring system. Note though that this is 2 steps up from your Master. The next step is the PM6 which adds another 2 drivers from the Master.

Thanks, i have read similar.
Wish there was more info on what the chamber vectoring system is supposed to achieve :grinning:
Well hopefully il be comparing soon.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #490 of 1,582

Reading the description, I'm not sure that the production units of Master have 4 drivers. Looks like they have 1 unit of V2 BA.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #491 of 1,582

Also if I may add to (which all the above is correct) is that they don't have a crossover so each driver should blend smoothly over one another instead of any pre-determined cut off' point across different frequencies or points in the frequency.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #493 of 1,582
Also if I may add to (which all the above is correct) is that they don't have a crossover so each driver should blend smoothly over one another instead of any pre-determined cut off' point across different frequencies or points in the frequency.

Thanks for the info even more intrigued about my hunter now, thought the layering on the master was pretty sweet anyway ( and soundstage placed nicely) cant wait to see what the hunter can do.
Thanks to all for the last few posts about drivers etc.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #494 of 1,582

The Master have 2 dynamic drivers and 2 BA drivers totalling 4 drivers (hence the 4 in PM4).

Yes, I know that PM4, which I have, has 4 drivers, but I'm not so sure about the driver count in some of the new models. Atlas-Delta originally was 2-way, later on, they changed to 3 and, now, it seems to be again 2-way, with a 2nd generation BA, that probably has been improved with respect to 1st gen. Not a problem for me, if the final result is as good as the Master seems to be, just curious.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #495 of 1,582
Thanks for the info even more intrigued about my hunter now, thought the layering on the master was pretty sweet anyway ( and soundstage placed nicely) cant wait to see what the hunter can do.
Thanks to all for the last few posts about drivers etc.

You are very welcome. Thank you for you post. Yes Trinity higher end products are in a different league. One other thing I can add that very TOTL manufacturers use are chambers in their IEM's and these are in the $800+ to $1-2,000.00 price range. Insane right? The idea is just like a real floor standing speaker in a room, all the sounds are output together in a chamber (the room itself) and at the same time the sound of each driver is hitting your ear at the same time in this chamber and you are inside it. So it's more a true realistic design than other methods from what I've learned about IEM's that use chambers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back