TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 19, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #511 of 1,582
  I have a question about the hyperion. They look small, would they fit the ears of a kids nicely? I am thinking to getting them for my eldest son.

I have them and they are TINY! Plus you can just swap out the tips to get a better/smaller/bigger seal. Especially because they come with spinfits and there are some tiny tips in there. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #512 of 1,582
Thanks. How's the isolation? Which tips are you using?

I have very small ear canals (but a very large head, go figure!), and as such have had issues with fit and comfort with a lot of iem's (the reason why I have a preference for full sized headphones) until a friend suggested crystal tips by Crystalline Audio. These are soft silicone anti bacterial tips that claim 300% more noise isolation than a regular silicone tip and I don't doubt them. They last me three months on average and then need replacing, but I really rate them for comfort and sq. The only issue I have found with them is that they can close up if you insert too far, or if you listen in bed and lay on your side without first create a dip in the pillow.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #514 of 1,582

I was reading on the Ks prohect for the hyperion, do you guys think the cable/iem is kid resistant?

To be fair, nothing is kid resistant haha. If they keep pulling at the cord connected to the IEM itself then it will probably give in sooner or later. Further the BQ is super solid. The only thing I would worry about is pulling on the IEM and the cord in opposite directions.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #515 of 1,582
Correct, that is what I'm saying, expensive parts doesn't mean better, it's amazing how trinity are able to make the delta sound so good with so little parts. It's on the same level as a3hpro that I have that uses the more expensive ba hybrids combo. speaking of which, I washed my delta last month, and the cables broke!!! i'm so mad. Now hurry up pm6!!! I was going to order the hunter but I chicken out and the periodic be in on the way tomorrow.

Never knew BA drivers were that cheap though, damn. Hope you get your PM6s soon!

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #517 of 1,582
I was reading on the Ks prohect for the hyperion, do you guys think the cable/iem is kid resistant?

It depends on what you call a "kid"... my 13 year old boy who treats everything like crap has been enjoying the Hyperions for over a year.
I don't think any tip would fit my 8 year old daughter's ears, but I would not let her use IEMs at such a young age...

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #518 of 1,582
It depends on what you call a "kid"... my 13 year old boy who treats everything like crap has been enjoying the Hyperions for over a year.
I don't think any tip would fit my 8 year old daughter's ears, but I would not let her use IEMs at such a young age...

My eldest is 9 and looks like a 10-11, since he keeps stealing one of my planar, i was thinking to give him something decent, more portable and definitively cheaper :)

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #519 of 1,582
My eldest is 9 and looks like a 10-11, since he keeps stealing one of my planar, i was thinking to give him something decent, more portable and definitively cheaper :)

I think the Hyperions will do well if he's not the curious type that yanks at everything to see if it sticks :p definitely a good buy for a kid, but I'd only worry about the volume when under usage, don't want him blowing out his ears or getting tinnitus before teenhood

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #520 of 1,582
I think the Hyperions will do well if he's not the curious type that yanks at everything to see if it sticks :p definitely a good buy for a kid, but I'd only worry about the volume when under usage, don't want him blowing out his ears or getting tinnitus before teenhood

Mmm ... maybe best wait, or buy and keep for myself then. It might be best to get him a open headphone i guess,

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #525 of 1,582

Users who are viewing this thread

Back