Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly wireless in ear monitor.
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #301 of 317
Jaybird are releasing their first true wireless for sport! €169 and can be preordered. I own their Bluetooth version and have been very happy with their performance and sound. They released the X3 with an app to customise your sound preference, which will be also available for these wireless sport version. So, these will be my new pair.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #302 of 317
Jaybird are releasing their first true wireless for sport! €169 and can be preordered. I own their Bluetooth version and have been very happy with their performance and sound. They released the X3 with an app to customise your sound preference, which will be also available for these wireless sport version. So, these will be my new pair.
Do you know if they're doing it fully by BT like Phantom Air and the Airpods or are they going to be using NFMI between the buds like how Bragi does it?

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #303 of 317
Do you know if they're doing it fully by BT like Phantom Air and the Airpods or are they going to be using NFMI between the buds like how Bragi does it?

Sadly not. Sorry got excited when I saw them release these as I've always had good experiences with their headphones. Hold off for now as it seems they do have some dropouts issues

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #304 of 317
Sadly not. Sorry got excited when I saw them release these as I've always had good experiences with their headphones. Hold off for now as it seems they do have some dropouts issues
I think Bragi's got it right with the NFMI once they sorted out their firmware issues. Not hearing as many complaints about connection now. I don't think the dual antennas in the Air are the solution. You've gotta either have that proprietary Apple W1 chip or NFMI to get the best signal in terms of tech we have right now. I've got a set of the Swiss Audio S1 backed on KS because they're using NFMI as well. I think Apple's chip actually sends the BT signal to both Airpods, which makes sense because part of the marketing is that if the accelerometer senses the Airpod isn't in position where you'd be listening, then it cuts audio, so if it does that, then that means there's gotta be a data connection between device and each Airpod, right? Just my speculation, but whatever they did, the Airpods and Bragi seem to be the wireless benchmarks right now in regards to totally wireless connectivity.

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #305 of 317
I think Bragi's got it right with the NFMI once they sorted out their firmware issues. Not hearing as many complaints about connection now. I don't think the dual antennas in the Air are the solution. You've gotta either have that proprietary Apple W1 chip or NFMI to get the best signal in terms of tech we have right now. I've got a set of the Swiss Audio S1 backed on KS because they're using NFMI as well. I think Apple's chip actually sends the BT signal to both Airpods, which makes sense because part of the marketing is that if the accelerometer senses the Airpod isn't in position where you'd be listening, then it cuts audio, so if it does that, then that means there's gotta be a data connection between device and each Airpod, right? Just my speculation, but whatever they did, the Airpods and Bragi seem to be the wireless benchmarks right now in regards to totally wireless connectivity.

I have also backed the Swiss Audio (more fool me) but recent comments by the creator there is suggesting they may move to LDS rather than the NFMI they are using now

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #306 of 317
I have also backed the Swiss Audio (more fool me) but recent comments by the creator there is suggesting they may move to LDS rather than the NFMI they are using now
Both are theoretically better for connectivity unless you've got Apple's W1 chip (which TAE obviously doesn't have money to license even if Apple were willing to sell it to them). At any rate, a subject for a different thread :wink:

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #307 of 317

Two things...

(1) Is there any topic here discussing the Swiss Audios? (searching since the new system never seems to work for me)

(2) Dang... this topic on the TA Airs is still so quiet. I'd really hoped that there had been one or two deliveries to head-fi members. Sigh........

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #308 of 317
I have abandoned all hope of ever receiving the Air! I have sent numerous emails to them regarding purchasing a replacement cable for my Atlas but never did receive the courtesy of a reply. I am so glad that I cancelled my Hunter order early on!

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #309 of 317
Two things...

(1) Is there any topic here discussing the Swiss Audios? (searching since the new system never seems to work for me)

(2) Dang... this topic on the TA Airs is still so quiet. I'd really hoped that there had been one or two deliveries to head-fi members. Sigh........

1) Given the ongoing problems with my Trinity Airs and major companies inability to fix connection issues, i need to think long and hard about my Super Early Bird order of the Swiss Airs. Is it better off spending another CHF100 and getting the B&O e8s, and be able to take them back if they don't work? And as thier funding target was only CHF25k, how could they actually build them given the fixed costs?? Its slightly fishy

2)I think all Air talk is going on at the Phantom Page (technically they are Phantom Airs) rather than here

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #310 of 317
1) Given the ongoing problems with my Trinity Airs and major companies inability to fix connection issues, i need to think long and hard about my Super Early Bird order of the Swiss Airs. Is it better off spending another CHF100 and getting the B&O e8s, and be able to take them back if they don't work? And as thier funding target was only CHF25k, how could they actually build them given the fixed costs?? Its slightly fishy
I pledged with the high probability of dropping out... It seems that there are just so many issues from so many companies with totally wireless earphones that it's likely MUCH better to stick with some wire between the two ears and be assured.

So, the other part of my query: is there any topic where people are discussing the Swiss Airs specifically? I guess not...

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #311 of 317
Sorry, nothing i have seen on the Swiss Airs. feeling more tentative on those by the day.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #312 of 317
Got my Trinity Phantom Air earphones today. I haven’t had a chance to try them out yet but had given up hope of receiving them as they’re so long overdue. Was quite surprised when the post man delivered them.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #314 of 317
First impressions:

Plus points
Look amazing
Fit very well (don’t appear to slip out).
Accessories are very well made

Negatives
The right hand earbud cuts in and out (that’s the dealbreaker; had hoped they’d identified the cause and remedied before sending).

I won’t comment on the audio quality as I only popped them in for a minute, but here’s hoping they can rectify the issue causing the right one to drop out.

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #315 of 317
First impressions:

Plus points
Look amazing
Fit very well (don’t appear to slip out).
Accessories are very well made

Negatives
The right hand earbud cuts in and out (that’s the dealbreaker; had hoped they’d identified the cause and remedied before sending).

I won’t comment on the audio quality as I only popped them in for a minute, but here’s hoping they can rectify the issue causing the right one to drop out.
That's not going to happen. The cutouts have been happening since they released these. I have two of the first ones released and one of the so called fixed versions and all three have this issue. Plus battery life is crap. These things never should have been released. They should refund everyone who ordered them but we all know this isn't going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back