Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #2,402 of 2,949
This is not true.Bob is done with Trinity and will no longer have any affiliation with them after the handover.so the question still remains who will be the lead designer?

Correct. We will outsource for a designer as we need to.

Bob is free to work freelance but is no longer affiliated with Trinty Audio.

Aug 1, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #2,403 of 2,949
Guys - if you put Daniel's username and the additional keywords "Acoustic Research" (without the inverted commas) into the search bar on here, you will see his presence on the Acoustic Research threads previously - I believe he worked in some capacity as their spokesman on here a little while back.

@dnun8086 - feel free to correct if that isn't right, but the username was ringing a bell and I did recall reading some stuff from you when I was looking at the AR-M2 / AR-M20 DAPs a while back.

Coincidentally, when Bob was asked on here a long while back what audiophile DAP if any be used, I believe he has either the M2 or M20 in his collection.

Aug 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,404 of 2,949
Guys - if you put Daniel's username and the additional keywords "Acoustic Research" (without the inverted commas) into the search bar on here, you will see his presence on the Acoustic Research threads previously - I believe he worked in some capacity as their spokesman on here a little while back.

@dnun8086 - feel free to correct if that isn't right, but the username was ringing a bell and I did recall reading some stuff from you when I was looking at the AR-M2 / AR-M20 DAPs a while back.

Coincidentally, when Bob was asked on here a long while back what audiophile DAP if any be used, I believe he has either the M2 or M20 in his collection.
The username has rang a bell to me because it was once introduced (early Q4 2016) by Bob a someone taking over head of customer service if memory serves.
I added him as a followee nack then, but as he was not active on the threads I am following - mostly Trinity I admit, I unfollowed him.
If there ever was a Trinity advocate, I was the one! I recommended Trinity to anyone right after I received my Hyperions and Delta from Trinity's first KS campaign. I was backer #1 on the Atlas campaign (I need to check that out, but I'm pretty confident about the fact), backer #1 for both aborted Vario campaigns, I preordered the Sabre, Vyrus, the PM6, PM4, Master, Icarus III and Icarus IV. Only Trinities I didn't order was the Tecne, Delta II (both highly praised), the Air, then the Icarus I, Icarus II and Phoenix (correct me if I've forgotten any model). If anyone's lurking, it's pretty easy to do the maths and know who I am.
Call me a Trinity b****
On the most serious moment, I stood by and for Trinity, "defending" @Bobtrinity and Jake.
I still think what has been happening is not their fault at all.
Unfortunately, my opinions are being comforted by @dnun8086 lack of answer (and contradiction) to every single question he was asked.
I still have 195 £ worth of preorders (Icarus III and IV) pending with Trinity, and my patience and understanding towards the company has been growing thin since the last email update.
I would not like to be proven wrong in my opinions, but I would then get a proof that the debacle was actually caused by the two people (well, the one actually) targetted in the email most of us received last Sunday.
I don't think we'll see that happening though...
I am really not happy supporting a company ran by presumably inexistant people (they are after all only 4-5 people working in an office) who leaves his employees (or singular form) to the wolves the angry unsatisfied customers are.
Sorry for these words that sound unwelcoming @dnun8086 , but this really is how I've been feeling since yesterday morning. Prove me wrong, I am intelligent enough to change my mind if I see any actual proof.
I'll be on the fence in te meantime.

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,405 of 2,949
My Icarus III is arriving tomorrow. I have one of the $10 Icarus I ordered. If it never comes, no big deal. I'm done with Trinity no matter how much I like the Ic III.
Not that I know anything about building headphones or running a business, but it seems to me that they don't need an audio engineer/designer right now. They need an expert in manufacturing, distribution and marketing. If their current line of products isn't good enough to sell at a profit, designing a new model shouldn't be part of the discussion.
I really do hope that I like the Icarus and that they can turn around their ship. I am sure that all of this was started with good intentions and enthusiasm before things spiraled out of control.

Aug 1, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,406 of 2,949
Correct. We will outsource for a designer as we need to.

Bob is free to work freelance but is no longer affiliated with Trinty Audio.
Ok but you still have not answered one question about your body of work or experience in the audio industry. I'll only speak for myself but I am very wary of anything TAE related due to circumstances in the last 10 to 14 months
Maybe you could help yourself and TAE out and provide the transparency by answering or not, your call, but some of us are still not back on board until we know who and what we are dealing with. Just my .02.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #2,407 of 2,949
Right I take it some things need severally clearing up for all those wondering what is happening offically there was a blanket email update sent out I would encourage any of you who haven't read it to please do, I have included this update below:

Dear Customers and Backers,

Its time for a Trinity update and this one is pretty packed with info!

Master and Icarus III

Thank you to all of you that have provided feedback on the Master and Icarus III so far, its always great to hear such positive feedback. For those that have not received their Icarus III, all UK, EU and rest of the world Icarus III have been shipped and there us just a handful of USA order left that will ship on Monday.

Discount codes

Well as many of you know we recently announced the stopping of our discount codes and our headphone (Phoenix) is our last big pre-order discount. We have been listening and many think this unfair or silly but the reality is that as Trinity has grown and so have the costs and offering such huge discounts does not work for the future of Trinity. Having said that the Head-Fi discount code will stay in effect for the foreseeable future and we will issue a special code for backers shortly offering the same discount as Head-fi.org members.

Now lets answer some pre-order/kickstarter questions like, where is my Phantom Air, Master 6, Hunter, Delta or Atlas Delta?!

We have shipped 928 Hunters globally leaving just 72 left to finishing building and ship (will ship within 21 days)
We have shipped 792 Master 6 (pre order and kickstarter) globally leaving 208 left to finish and ship (will ship within 21 days)
We have only 58 Delta to ship and have emailed those 58 offering upgrade options
We have only 176 Atlas Delta upgrades to ship and should take less than a week to ship
We have shipped the updated Phantom Air to select backers for testing and evaluation and all reports are now back and we will begin shipping again once all updated units are back from our manufacturing partner which will take 7-10 days from today.

What happened to the customer service?

Many of you may have seen a dramatic dip in customer service. Sadly as many of us have been concentrating on various other aspects such as shipping and manufacturing we had taken our eye off the ball and allowed a customer service staff member to get away with exceptionally low standards of service and has caused huge issues of concern for some customers (as well as our selves). This staff member has now been removed permanently from customer service and Kieran is now taking over his role. Kieran has been doing an amazing job with his friendly yet brutally honest manner but he does have a little catching up to do as he works his way through the other staff members emails.

What else is news worthy?

Behind the scenes there has been many things going on. First of all lets Welcome Dan Nundra as the new head manager of Trinity Audio. Dan comes with years of experience in the Audio industry with his last appointment at one of the worlds most renowned audio manufacturers.

This appointment also marks the end of another. Bob was Trinity’s lead designer from the beginning and helped shape the sound and design style of Trinity. Bobs last day is officially 31st July but has agreed to stay on for 4 weeks to help with any hand over to Dan. Bob has asked us to convey this message to you all.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of Trinity and making people smile with new audio gear, my only goal has always been about bringing as much audio enjoyment as possible. Along this journey I have learnt many things not only about audio but about myself. I cannot imagine ever leaving the audio game but it was time for me to make some big changes to my working and personal life. I have lived and breathed Trinity as the head design engineer but its time to move on. I wish Trinity all the best for the future and hope to see many of the amazing customers around at shows and events in the future”

So thats all for now and as you can see from above we are almost back on track. We have had some major mountains to climb over these past 6 months and feel positive about the future.

Thank you to all our supporters who have weathered the storm with us and its great to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you

Trinity Audio
We have only 176 Atlas Delta upgrades to ship and should take less than a week to ship

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2,408 of 2,949
"We have only 176 Atlas Delta upgrades to ship and should take less than a week to ship" Does this mean they are in stock or when you get them they will take less than a week. I'm waiting on a warrantied Master that Jake apparently lost and was forwarded to Keiran to oversee.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2,409 of 2,949
Jack_and_Sinking_Jolly_Mon_COTBP.jpg

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #2,410 of 2,949
Let's take a step back. I'm sure Daniel is still transitioning into his new role, let him dip his toes in before we feed him to the sharks. Hopefully Trinity has learned from past mistakes. I just received my Icarus III yesterday so that's a good start. We'll see what the coming weeks hold for us. From the email that they sent out we should be expecting to see orders of the Master 6, Air, & Master/Atlas Delta shipping, followed by the Icarus IV. Hopefully some more information about the Icarus I & II as well.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #2,411 of 2,949
Let's take a step back. I'm sure Daniel is still transitioning into his new role, let him dip his toes in before we feed him to the sharks. Hopefully Trinity has learned from past mistakes. I just received my Icarus III yesterday so that's a good start. We'll see what the coming weeks hold for us. From the email that they sent out we should be expecting to see orders of the Master 6, Air, & Master/Atlas Delta shipping, followed by the Icarus IV. Hopefully some more information about the Icarus I & II as well.
I've got the Air and Icarus I on order. Icarus I was a foregone conclusion that I'd have to wait for that for quite a while, but for the price of postage, I just figured, eh, whatever. But I had really hoped to have the Air by now (heck, 2 months ago) so I really want that to be shipping out. Honestly, it should've had a higher shipping priority than the Icarus III, but at least people can enjoy their Icarus III's

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #2,412 of 2,949
Agree about the shipping timelines for newer products. It was 'weird' that they shipped/were producing newer products when people were still waiting for older orders to ship.

I'm waiting for 2 orders of the Master 6. From the big update they sent, it looks like I'll be one of the last to receive them. Same with the Air & same with the Atlas Delta. Although with the AD, apparently it has been cancelled & all order will be 'upgraded' to the Master, although I only learned this from my time on head-fi; to date I have received no communication from Trinity regarding my Atlas Delta orders. As you can see, I've very good reason to be upset with Trinity, but I have other IEMs to keep me busy & to be honest, if it weren't for the discounts I probably wouldn't have taken the chance with Trinity. What does upset me a little though, I never received an offer for the huge discount on the Icarus I, even with all the orders I've placed.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #2,413 of 2,949
Agree about the shipping timelines for newer products. It was 'weird' that they shipped/were producing newer products when people were still waiting for older orders to ship.

I'm waiting for 2 orders of the Master 6. From the big update they sent, it looks like I'll be one of the last to receive them. Same with the Air & same with the Atlas Delta. Although with the AD, apparently it has been cancelled & all order will be 'upgraded' to the Master, although I only learned this from my time on head-fi; to date I have received no communication from Trinity regarding my Atlas Delta orders. As you can see, I've very good reason to be upset with Trinity, but I have other IEMs to keep me busy & to be honest, if it weren't for the discounts I probably wouldn't have taken the chance with Trinity. What does upset me a little though, I never received an offer for the huge discount on the Icarus I, even with all the orders I've placed.
Yeah, I never heard of any communication regarding the "upgrade" to the Master. But I thought there was an email at some point saying that if you had purchased whatever IEM (I wanna say Hunter and PM6? Or was it Air? Either way, you shoulda been covered), then all you need to use was a discount code to get the Icarus I for the price of postage. It was part of one of those supermassive update emails. Are you sure you didn't just miss it at some point when reading that email?

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #2,414 of 2,949
Yeah, I never heard of any communication regarding the "upgrade" to the Master. But I thought there was an email at some point saying that if you had purchased whatever IEM (I wanna say Hunter and PM6? Or was it Air? Either way, you shoulda been covered), then all you need to use was a discount code to get the Icarus I for the price of postage. It was part of one of those supermassive update emails. Are you sure you didn't just miss it at some point when reading that email?

D'oh! You are right. I just searched my emails and sure enough, it was tucked away in the same email as the one offering the 50% off one time use code.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #2,415 of 2,949

I think it is pretty clear that they are producing and shipping what they can. The Air had significant quality issues. Hunters had problems sourcing and producing the shells. The order that they announced the products has nothing to do with the order in which they have been able to produce them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back