Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #2,386 of 2,949
Firstly thank you all for the warm invite, I will do my best to answer any and all questions:
I'm sure plenty of people would like some updates on the other Icarus models - Icarus III is shipping now, the other models are in the works although I am not able to give any time frame but if you read below you will see why I can't answer some of these questions.
Going forward, what will be the model lineup - Master, Icarus, will the original models ever return? So with the changes yes models will be changed it isn't a line up that is based solely on my decision or merit more for the business as a whole. Icarus III will be remaining there is a discussion to be had regarding the rest of the line up we will continue to support people through past purchases but expect a few changes.

Structure is as simple as you put it= Bob Head of Design, Dan Management/Retail Sales, Customer Service, Shipping team,

That is as black and white as it gets there are people to add to that list and some of which come and go depending on the work needed but essentially covering all this work is about 3-4 guys in an office. The problem is I am not always located in the office so checking orders, changes to shipping and so on are all questions which are much easier answer for by the customer service team.

Any updates I can provide I will. Please bare in mind I do not know everything nor do I have the answer for a lot of the questions a lot of you have. However as I get set up on my feet I am happy to work with anyone who has any major concerns about the brand or direction. I would like to continue in seeing Trinity provide good customer service, transparency and bloody good value for money.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #2,387 of 2,949
Would you like a bucket? I can give you a pre-order deal of just $9.99! Standard MSRP is nearly $40, so you're definitely gonna get a good deal :p

Well a bucket won't do him much good if it takes over a year to get to him:scream:

Actually I received my tracking # on Icy III yesterday and Kieran emailed me this morning and I have asked about Icy I status, stand by (Nap if you have to):rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #2,389 of 2,949
[QUOTE="dnun8086, post:

Structure is as simple as you put it= Bob Head of Design, Dan Management/Retail Sales, Customer Service, Shipping team,

.[/QUOTE]
How can this be when Bob will no longer be with Trinity after 30 days? Who will be the new Head of Design?

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,390 of 2,949
Well Daniel I'm sure most out here want to know two things about you whether your going to be managing Trinity or are the replacement head engineer which has been previously mentioned. Where is your background? As @Intensecure said this community would really like to know more about you to feel safe with future Trinity purchases.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #2,391 of 2,949
Right I take it some things need severally clearing up for all those wondering what is happening offically there was a blanket email update sent out I would encourage any of you who haven't read it to please do, I have included this update below:

Dear Customers and Backers,

Its time for a Trinity update and this one is pretty packed with info!

Master and Icarus III

Thank you to all of you that have provided feedback on the Master and Icarus III so far, its always great to hear such positive feedback. For those that have not received their Icarus III, all UK, EU and rest of the world Icarus III have been shipped and there us just a handful of USA order left that will ship on Monday.

Discount codes

Well as many of you know we recently announced the stopping of our discount codes and our headphone (Phoenix) is our last big pre-order discount. We have been listening and many think this unfair or silly but the reality is that as Trinity has grown and so have the costs and offering such huge discounts does not work for the future of Trinity. Having said that the Head-Fi discount code will stay in effect for the foreseeable future and we will issue a special code for backers shortly offering the same discount as Head-fi.org members.

Now lets answer some pre-order/kickstarter questions like, where is my Phantom Air, Master 6, Hunter, Delta or Atlas Delta?!

We have shipped 928 Hunters globally leaving just 72 left to finishing building and ship (will ship within 21 days)
We have shipped 792 Master 6 (pre order and kickstarter) globally leaving 208 left to finish and ship (will ship within 21 days)
We have only 58 Delta to ship and have emailed those 58 offering upgrade options
We have only 176 Atlas Delta upgrades to ship and should take less than a week to ship
We have shipped the updated Phantom Air to select backers for testing and evaluation and all reports are now back and we will begin shipping again once all updated units are back from our manufacturing partner which will take 7-10 days from today.

What happened to the customer service?

Many of you may have seen a dramatic dip in customer service. Sadly as many of us have been concentrating on various other aspects such as shipping and manufacturing we had taken our eye off the ball and allowed a customer service staff member to get away with exceptionally low standards of service and has caused huge issues of concern for some customers (as well as our selves). This staff member has now been removed permanently from customer service and Kieran is now taking over his role. Kieran has been doing an amazing job with his friendly yet brutally honest manner but he does have a little catching up to do as he works his way through the other staff members emails.

What else is news worthy?

Behind the scenes there has been many things going on. First of all lets Welcome Dan Nundra as the new head manager of Trinity Audio. Dan comes with years of experience in the Audio industry with his last appointment at one of the worlds most renowned audio manufacturers.

This appointment also marks the end of another. Bob was Trinity’s lead designer from the beginning and helped shape the sound and design style of Trinity. Bobs last day is officially 31st July but has agreed to stay on for 4 weeks to help with any hand over to Dan. Bob has asked us to convey this message to you all.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of Trinity and making people smile with new audio gear, my only goal has always been about bringing as much audio enjoyment as possible. Along this journey I have learnt many things not only about audio but about myself. I cannot imagine ever leaving the audio game but it was time for me to make some big changes to my working and personal life. I have lived and breathed Trinity as the head design engineer but its time to move on. I wish Trinity all the best for the future and hope to see many of the amazing customers around at shows and events in the future”

So thats all for now and as you can see from above we are almost back on track. We have had some major mountains to climb over these past 6 months and feel positive about the future.

Thank you to all our supporters who have weathered the storm with us and its great to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you

Trinity Audio

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2,393 of 2,949
We have read this and why I have asked if your are the new lead manager or do you have an engineering background? When you read taking over for Bob I'm confused as Bob was an engineer first and foremost and once again you have skirted the most important question "He comes from a renowned Audio Company" This is important as we would like to know what capacity you served their, Manager, Marketer or Engineer?

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,394 of 2,949
I note with some dismay that you have raised the price of the ICARUSIII to £235. About 30% or so. I am sure that you need to correct the financials following the initial huge discounts, but we have seen the prices rise across the board to levels that frankly put them into more highly competitive market areas.
Although the Head-fiers discount remains, the VAT situation is still an issue for those outside the EU.
Fundamentally, that discount only equated to a VAT refund for those customers. I certainly hope that you will be addressing this issue, as currently one can purchase your products from dealers without paying that VAT if one is overseas - I know this was mentioned previously but never addressed. With rising prices, now might be a good time!

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #2,395 of 2,949
Well Daniel I'm sure most out here want to know two things about you whether your going to be managing Trinity or are the replacement head engineer which has been previously mentioned. Where is your background? As @Intensecure said this community would really like to know more about you to feel safe with future Trinity purchases.

Hi,

Sorry it is taking me a little longer to reply I am working through things as fast as I can this post is more a formal hello rather than being considered the head of the company.

I am going to be managing Trinity handling internal affairs, product road mapping etc. A little of my background I have worked in audio now for a number of years before that owning my own cleaning business. My heart for music developed at a young age and I was always on the next mission to find out what sounds best.

I do not psychically have the time to write a short biography now or inform you all of the changes that will happening. I understand changes are difficult and understand the insecurity of this change, I will be taking over for the face of Trinity and Bob may have left but he hasn't abandoned the brand he will still very much be looking after things then thereafter it will be a process of taking over and doing the jobs he once did.

I hope this is somewhat useful and please PM if you would like a more personal detailed chat as I will be off the forums for the most part except for updates etc.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #2,396 of 2,949
I note with some dismay that you have raised the price of the ICARUSIII to £235. About 30% or so. I am sure that you need to correct the financials following the initial huge discounts, but we have seen the prices rise across the board to levels that frankly put them into more highly competitive market areas.
Although the Head-fiers discount remains, the VAT situation is still an issue for those outside the EU.
Fundamentally, that discount only equated to a VAT refund for those customers. I certainly hope that you will be addressing this issue, as currently one can purchase your products from dealers without paying that VAT if one is overseas - I know this was mentioned previously but never addressed. With rising prices, now might be a good time!

Thanks for the heads up and yes I am aware of the price changes they are correct. The problem is we continually strive to offer the best bang for buck however without going into detail this isn't working.

The prices will change and there will be new models as for now I feel like there will be a storm to weather here but the dust should settle given enough time.

I will have a look into this issue of VAT and thank you for bringing it up.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #2,398 of 2,949
Hi,

Sorry it is taking me a little longer to reply I am working through things as fast as I can this post is more a formal hello rather than being considered the head of the company.

I am going to be managing Trinity handling internal affairs, product road mapping etc. A little of my background I have worked in audio now for a number of years before that owning my own cleaning business. My heart for music developed at a young age and I was always on the next mission to find out what sounds best.

I do not psychically have the time to write a short biography now or inform you all of the changes that will happening. I understand changes are difficult and understand the insecurity of this change, I will be taking over for the face of Trinity and Bob may have left but he hasn't abandoned the brand he will still very much be looking after things then thereafter it will be a process of taking over and doing the jobs he once did.

I hope this is somewhat useful and please PM if you would like a more personal detailed chat as I will be off the forums for the most part except for updates etc.
Hopefully next time we can see you and rest of trinity at canjam? Would love to see what your crew cooks up within next year!

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #2,399 of 2,949
Good luck. From my side I am happy I got my last refund and I only need to endure the farse the AIR is that lots of people need to endure because of your taking advantage of the kickstarter terms.
Do not take me wrong, all products Bob delivered to me were worth what I paid for not more, but nothing in your update ( that is the same we all got via kickstarter or mail) nor your comments inspires me trust trinity can deliver an thing in quality and price comparable to some other boutique houses or even some chifi ones.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #2,400 of 2,949
When you read taking over for Bob I'm confused as Bob was an engineer first and foremost and once again you have skirted the most important question "He comes from a renowned Audio Company" This is important as we would like to know what capacity you served their, Manager, Marketer or Engineer?

Hi,

...so you are unable or don't want to name that "renowned Audio Company" you came from.
Sorry, it's a very simple question but seems to be hard to answer after 3-4 people were asking for.

....and not the best way to build credit or salvage reputation (whatever left).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back