Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 12, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #346 of 2,949
  Does that mean we cant use aftermarket cables bought from other places? 

Well, there's a few answers to this.
Officially, no. But some others on here have found off-the-shelf cables that still fit without causing any damage.
Another one or two have got some cable and made their own!

Finally, it also depends which IEM you're referring to.
For the current edition of the PM4, see above.

The upcoming PM6 and Hunter will be available (to those that want it) with the normal industry standard 2-pin connector.
And the proposed and upgraded new PM4, Sabre, PM6 and Hunter models (Mk II, if you like) will have a completely proprietary solution, with cables permanently fixed to the IEM's and terminating at the Y-spilt (where a variety of different cables/modules can be attached). That's all here on this thread if you want to read more.

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #347 of 2,949

Well, there's a few answers to this.
Officially, no. But some others on here have found off-the-shelf cables that still fit without causing any damage.
Another one or two have got some cable and made their own!

Finally, it also depends which IEM you're referring to.
For the current edition of the PM4, see above.

The upcoming PM6 and Hunter will be available (to those that want it) with the normal industry standard 2-pin connector.
And the proposed and upgraded new PM4, Sabre, PM6 and Hunter models (Mk II, if you like) will have a completely proprietary solution, with cables permanently fixed to the IEM's and terminating at the Y-spilt (where a variety of different cables/modules can be attached). That's all here on this thread if you want to read more.

Yup I know about the future PM6 and Hunter, was just unsure if the current PM6 will be using standard 2 pin or proprietary 2 pin. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #348 of 2,949

I might be wrong, but referring to this thread's first post by Bob, all the pm6 and hunter iems are going to get the standard 2 pin... Otherwise I have to contact them to get things right for me

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #350 of 2,949
I might be wrong, but referring to this thread's first post by Bob, all the pm6 and hunter iems are going to get the standard 2 pin... Otherwise I have to contact them to get things right for me

Correct. I probably didn't explain well. I meant that those that wanted the PM6 and Hunter with standard 2 pin connections could get them, otherwise, they could pay extra to be upgraded to the new proprietary solution.
So, basically, what you said
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #351 of 2,949
Oh well... I can appreciate your frustration for sure. Mine have been fine, but it's known that there were a few faulty pairs/parts around.
I guess the good thing is that at least Trinity are aware of it, have a 'no questions asked' replacement policy, and have been busy resolving the problem with a redesign and new suppliers/manufacturers.
I've seen other company's products on this forum that have known issues, and the company in question refuse to even acknowledge it..

Their costumer service is second to none, but...this is the third faulty cable that I have been sent, either I have really bad luck when it comes to them or their QC issues are more widespread than I originally thought. I cannot be contacting them every few weeks with a new issue, is a waste of my time and theirs, I have the new Atlas/Delta on preorder and the only reason (besides the sound) that is keeping me from cancelling is the promised redesigns and better quality.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #352 of 2,949
While the problems some are experiencing are unfortunate, it is also important to not let these voices drown out the fact that most PM4s are excellent. I received mine last weekend and they have been both problem free and an utter joy to listen to. Attaching the cables took a minute and feels very secure (not about to swap around every day).

A small note:

- I ordered gun metal, yet received mat black. Also a lovely colour, so not complaining.
- Shipping was very slow (standard), up to the point where I was getting somewhat frustrated by the Royal mail (as were others).

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #356 of 2,949
Their costumer service is second to none, but...this is the third faulty cable that I have been sent, either I have really bad luck when it comes to them or their QC issues are more widespread than I originally thought. I cannot be contacting them every few weeks with a new issue, is a waste of my time and theirs, I have the new Atlas/Delta on preorder and the only reason (besides the sound) that is keeping me from cancelling is the promised redesigns and better quality.

I know you said you emailed Jake so we will check it all over. We have had to replace some cables but you have had the worse luck.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #357 of 2,949
Bobtrinity,

Since you don't sell the 2-pin connectors separately, is it possible for me to disassemble and reuse the ones on my fabric cable? How are the silver pieces fastened to the connector-screwed or glued? Can I get it apart without damage and reuse it?

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #359 of 2,949
Bobtrinity,

Since you don't sell the 2-pin connectors separately, is it possible for me to disassemble and reuse the ones on my fabric cable? How are the silver pieces fastened to the connector-screwed or glued? Can I get it apart without damage and reuse it?

You would have to cut the plastic under the screw on section as they are bonded, I can't say for sure you would be able to reassemble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back