Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 13, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #378 of 2,949
I'll never need the dampened filters, I also will never use the braided cable without ear hooks.

I wonder, if I sent back the items I dont need, would trinity swap them for items I would prefer to have as backup? E.g. swap braided cable for cloth, both sets of purple along with all dampened for an extra set of silver and gold filters...

If you pay all shipping costs sure

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #380 of 2,949
Most definitely!

Both of you guys analysis has been accurate and falls inline with how I'm hearing the reviewed products.

Out of curiosity, what source will be used?

LG G5 / Hifiman Supermini / Fiio X7 (AM2) mainly, with a mix of 320kbps MP3, FLAC and Tidal streaming.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #386 of 2,949
I for one am excited about the new changed cable design. For me the only way I've damaged IEM's so far has been the cable getting stuck whilst walking, and pulling on the buds etc causing damage. I imagine the new system would let go at the Y, preventing much damage from wear. At the same time as it's fixed in the buds, it should be more sturdy than a system that is removeable at the bud... Sounds like win win to me? Also, the buds should fit more easily in small carry pouches / cases without having to squeeze that meter of wire in too, plus it would prevent making a tangled mess - I think I'd just keep the rest of the cable in my pocket..

I'm also excited about the new Atlas Delta, I had some concerns over Delta 4 ergonomics (nobody complained about it so I *should* be fine, find out soon). As soon as I saw the Atlas Delta body I thought it looked really ergonomic & comfy, and wow, with the announcement of how it'll be upgraded to dual voice coil + 2 BA armatures...!! Sure, if I knew with hindsight I may not have preordered PM4 and preordered Atlas Delta on Black Friday, but I'm not going to cry about it. Though it may not seem like it with the involved communication here and level of care, I realize Bob is running a business (wages to pay and probably a family to feed and all that). While I can imagine these last few weeks left you scratching your head wondering if all this Head-Fi openness is a good thing, I for one (new customer with PM4 being a first purchase) really value it. I don't think I would have pulled the trigger if you were just a 'random' new brand getting good reviews if it hadn't been for your active involvement here. Whilst the purchase price may be peanuts for some for me it's quite a bit at the moment, having you around gives a lot of confidence and earns you a lot of credit :).

We're all individuals here and have our own needs, preferences, and 'deal breakers'. No way to have bring everyone's favorite option to the table. If Trinity sticks to it's pillars (great sound / value-for money & exceptional customer service) I'm sure you'll weather this storm just fine. ....Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on my PM4 finally - soon !

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #387 of 2,949

LG G5 / Hifiman Supermini / Fiio X7 (AM2) mainly, with a mix of 320kbps MP3, FLAC and Tidal streaming.

Let me know when you get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Bob, I've sent both you and Jake an email. Need to clarify something asap (purchase based, not the usual rambling I see here)

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #388 of 2,949
I noticed that there will be a shift away from braided cables, but I'm not sure if this was mentioned: will the 2-pin Hunter/PM6 still have braided cables?

Edit: will there be both 2-pin and new cable system versions of the Hunter?

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #389 of 2,949
I noticed that there will be a shift away from braided cables, but I'm not sure if this was mentioned: will the 2-pin Hunter/PM6 still have braided cables?

Yes there will be braided on the master 6 but hunter gets bigger cables as standard. Both of these will run the industry standard 2 pin. The new version cable system will be on next production runs.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #390 of 2,949

Yes there will be braided on the master 6 but hunter gets bigger cables as standard. Both of these will run the industry standard 2 pin. The new version cable system will be on next production runs.

Will we be able to buy separately hunter's cable for PM6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back