Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 12, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #316 of 2,949
  Actually the PM6 has been progressively improving ever since it was announced, it wasn't just since the last update.  PM6 definitely looks like a better value, but diminishing returns is in full effect at that price point as always.  My concern is that the PM6 will actually end up sounding better since they were always intended to have the same tuning but now they also have the same drivers (but with the extra push-pull for the Pm6).  It seems now the price of the Hunter just comes down to cost of materials, which will have little to no impact on the sound.  Anyway we'll have to wait and see.  I have to admit it is a little frustrating making a decision based on price/specs and having those constantly shifting, even if it is better for the product line over all.  Makes you question your decision every time they make another change.  And then you have the down side of all the hype, which is raising the expectations to unrealistic levels.  

You are absolutely right ,  these things made me really so confused and disappointed . 

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #317 of 2,949
Well... as I've mentioned previously, I heard the Sabres at CanJam and I own the PM4's.
I think the bass/low end on these are superb. Lots of depth, impact, detail, rumble. Depending on music choice, filters and tips of course.
What seemed to be the unique selling point for the low end was that there were two dynamic drivers in a push-pull, out of phase configuration.
This, according to their website, was used "to create immense detail and smoothness along with reduced distortion and high resolution audio".
My ears pretty much confirm this.

The only thing I know so far about the proposed new drivers is that they are said to provide a "more rich sound".
I've gotten a bit lost with all the new posts recently, but can anyone quote a post in which (Trinity) Bob has stated they will actually still be in a push-pull, out of phase configuration?

And importantly, if so, does this apply to any/all of the following: upcoming (but original version) PM6 and Hunter, new version PM4, PM6, Hunter and Sabre?
To my knowledge, I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Also, if they're *not* in a push-pull configuration anymore, what happens to the "immense detail and smoothness along with reduced distortion and high resolution audio" that was being delivered through employment of the push-pull technology? Have they found a new way to replicate that?
Or just replaced it with a different (superior?) sound?

Having said all of this, these are just things I'm curious about.
I pretty much have faith that Bob/Trinity will come through with superior products. Their integrity, customer service, dedication and work ethic are second to none.
If you have the right attributes in place (which I believe they have), then the quality and innovation should follow, sooner or later.

There have been some website descriptions that have been updated over the weekend.
Master 6 continues to show a push pull configuration for the 2x dual coil drivers
https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/collections/phantom-series/products/phantom-master-6

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #318 of 2,949
@Bobtrinity

"all fixes are being implemented on the next production runs and all previous customers will be emailed directly to take part in an upgrade scheme if they so wish. This will only apply to existing Master 4, Vyrus and Sabre customers. The trade-up scheme will be generous and will also allow those users to keep their existing equipment."

Any news about that or did i overlooked something....?

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #320 of 2,949
After all, i think to cancell hunter's order... but 30% canselling charge?
Such good start and incomprehensible changes

You do understand that the incomprehensible changes you talk of DO NOT affect the pre-orders right? This forum has in itself blown this whole ordeal way out of proportion - mainly due to the language barrier and failure to read back in threads (neither 100% the fault of the posters, but still).

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #321 of 2,949
Bobtrinity There is a very easy way to solve the headaches of uncertainty among some members etc about the changes...

Upload a 10 min video, don't have to be hollywood material or promo style. Ask people to type their questions on here for the next 24hours say, then answer them by video, seems as production has started if you wanted you could show people the changes etc. This way, you haven't got to constantly type up answers. The members can always bookamrk the page and revisit the video if they need to for whatever reason.

I personally have no issues etc as I have no pre order but I think this would be the easiest solution by far. People love to see things instead of reading inbetween posts. Of course, you don't have to feel obliged and I hope I don't give that impression.

Cheers for the banging pm4

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #322 of 2,949
You do understand that the incomprehensible changes you talk of DO NOT affect the pre-orders right? This forum has in itself blown this whole ordeal way out of proportion - mainly due to the language barrier and failure to read back in threads (neither 100% the fault of the posters, but still).

I don't know, if people are blowing things out of proportion.
Knowing that major changes are coming to a product line prior to final production and delivery of products that have been anticipated for months and promised to perform a certain way does create a lot of concerns.

I think each member has a right to their opinion and how they feel about it. I see nothing wrong and then expressing what they are concerned about

I do not believe anybody has been disrespectful in their comments and they need a place to vent their concerns.

We are all happy to hear how wonderful things are and I'm happy for the people who purchased products and are very satisfied. I am hopeful and eager to be one of those individuals.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #323 of 2,949
Thanks for the answer. It seems it keeps the same configuration, but the more richness got/gets me worried as it might mean a warmer sound, a more detailed sound, a more ample sound, what exactly?
MY ears are average, but I do love details and signatures that do not alter too much the original (or at least not in a destructive way like most consumer things a-la Dr.dre bum bum)

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #324 of 2,949
Thanks for the answer. It seems it keeps the same configuration, but the more richness got/gets me worried as it might mean a warmer sound, a more detailed sound, a more ample sound, what exactly?
MY ears are average, but I do love details and signatures that do not alter too much the original (or at least not in a destructive way like most consumer things a-la Dr.dre bum bum)

Not warmer, just more cohesive

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #325 of 2,949
Any chance of receiving the hunter probably as a Christmas gift? Haha, I ordered the express shipping just for this purpose! I liked PM4 as it exceeded my expectations, given the price. Would like to be pleasantly surprised again by Trinity's flagship! <^_^>

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #327 of 2,949
I don't know, if people are blowing things out of proportion.
Knowing that major changes are coming to a product line prior to final production and delivery of products that have been anticipated for months and promised to perform a certain way does create a lot of concerns.

This is exactly my point, what major changes? Cable connectors are going to standard 2 pin due to people kicking up a fuss (that's OUR fault lol) and the PM6 is getting an upgraded driver, if they didn't tell you that last one we wouldn't of know and most manufacturers wouldn't have said a word!

If someone hasn't pre-ordered then it doesn't affect them, if they don't like the direction trinity are going then they should move on - what's the alternative?

Time for a timeout from the trinity threads for me, will be back with impressions of the PM4 with balanced cables next week on the main thread.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #328 of 2,949
This is exactly my point, what major changes? Cable connectors are going to standard 2 pin due to people kicking up a fuss (that's OUR fault lol) and the PM6 is getting an upgraded driver, if they didn't tell you that last one we wouldn't of know and most manufacturers wouldn't have said a word!

If someone hasn't pre-ordered then it doesn't affect them, if they don't like the direction trinity are going then they should move on - what's the alternative?

Time for a timeout from the trinity threads for me, will be back with impressions of the PM4 with balanced cables next week on the main thread.

Exactly!

Cables for you to chop up in the first class post today.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #329 of 2,949
Really wish we could but sadly not.

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply :) no worries, at least I pretty much know i'm gonna get more than what I paid for hehe. Looked up heat treated titanium and oh boy looks sick as hell! 

Btw, if I so may ask, what does special hunter ownership mean? I saw someone askin about that but I don't think anyone has an answer to that yet...

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #330 of 2,949
Absolutely agree. I read every single post from this thread and main phantom thread and can understand that some people are upset abot QC issues. But my lord, most of the users have no clue about changes but nevertheless create a lot of information based on their own view about earphones  and imagination and than another user use this information and add some more  info...and so on Its look like a broken phone game. Really tired of this.
I also have frustration about long development period, armature delay, no reviews of prototypes etc. But I need to say that Bob offers excellent compensation for that and new updated PM6 looks as a great product for me. 
Good luck Bob. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back