Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #17 of 2,949

Hunter was already specced to have the dual coil and we will include in the master 6 also.

The Master 4 uses titanium single coil drivers.

Ohh.. So PM6 is not going to be in the push pull configuration? That's what it was advertised to have, hence why I'm asking!
redface.gif

The reason I'm asking is that I was blown away by the bass (depth, accuracy, power, extension etc) of the Sabre, and also the PM4 (which I've bought).
I love the PM4 mostly, but as discussed, find the treble a bit hot with certain kinds of music. So I find them terrific with most genres, but a bit uncomfortable for a few.
So I was really looking forward to maintaining that same low end in the PM6, but with the excess 'heat' in the treble smoothed out (and even greater clarity/detail etc), making them perfect all-rounders.

I don't know if it was the push-pull configuration in particular that provided that awesome low end?
But I do remember you let me demo the prototype Hunters at CanJam. They were extremely good, but without the noticeable magnificent low end that I'd loved in the Sabre and PM4.
So the dual, push-pull drivers were the reason I chose the PM6 instead (and because I loved it's design, hehe).
So now I'm a bit nervous..

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 2,949

Ohh.. So PM6 is not going to be in the push pull configuration? That's what it was advertised to have, hence why I'm asking!
redface.gif

The reason I'm asking is that I was blown away by the bass (depth, accuracy, power, extension etc) of the Sabre, and also the PM4 (which I've bought).
I love the PM4 mostly, but as discussed, find the treble a bit hot with certain kinds of music. So I find them terrific with most genres, but a bit uncomfortable for a few.
So I was really looking forward to maintaining that same low end in the PM6, but with the excess 'heat' in the treble smoothed out (and even greater clarity/detail etc), making them perfect all-rounders.

I don't know if it was the push-pull configuration in particular that provided that awesome low end?
But I do remember you let me demo the prototype Hunters at CanJam. They were extremely good, but without the noticeable magnificent low end that I'd loved in the Sabre and PM4.
So the dual, push-pull drivers were the reason I chose the PM6 instead (and because I loved it's design, hehe).
So now I'm a bit nervous..

Well I think the PM6 was going to be different in sound signature and tuning from the PM4 right at the start. My understanding was that it would lean more towards the Hunter than the PM4 so whether it used the original push-pull design or this new dual-coil driver, I don't think the PM6 was designed to have the same bass style as the PM4 anyway.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 2,949
Still waiting for my PM4 (Canada)... Anybody received theirs?

Thanks for the news about the PM6. I might have the change my shipping option if I want to get them around the same time as most folks on here.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #23 of 2,949
As wrote before I am one of those people that knows their limitations.  I was originally in the Noble MassDrop offering and backed you on your Kickstarter for a pair of Airs.

When I looked at the Noble offering for just a bit more I get your TOTL IEM, hence I removed myself from the drop. When I looked at other offerings in that price range the Phantom Hunter seems like a bargain! To get some sort of equivalence in makers, you are looking at a whole lot more money! Though the unspecified maker of the a liquid metal shell is a neat idea!
The idea of a titanium shell and hand assembled with loving care has a very nice ring to it also!

Your caring and treatment of your customers says a lot about you, your philosophy, and how you want to run your company. That makes me feel confident 
that even though I am buying a product I never heard, I will happy. I have heard all the Noble line but there is no way I can afford or would pay what it costs for most if their IEMs. I believe you and your company offer some of the best value for the money, that means a lot to a guy like me, and others in the same position, where every choice is very money dependent and is mentally fought over.

Two questions:

I did not order the blue tooth as I wanted to wait until the I had a handle one when the Hunters would be shipped. Can I add to my order before they get shipped? I did notice there will be cable options before shipping.

The other question while it may sound stupid I am going to ask anyway! What are the "Special Hunter Phantom Owner Privileges"? 

I look forward to listening to them. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #24 of 2,949
Hi Bob, thanks for the clarifications! If the PM6 and Hunter will use the same dual coil drivers, what is the difference between the two that justifies the price difference?

I know the changes are for the better on Master 6. Not sure I would have canceled my Master 6 if knew it would have the same dynamic driver as the the Hunter. So I guess its a 5 driver hybrid? Wonder if it uses the vectoring system on the Hunter as well??

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #26 of 2,949
Hi Bob, thanks for the clarifications! If the PM6 and Hunter will use the same dual coil drivers, what is the difference between the two that justifies the price difference?

I know the changes are for the better on Master 6. Not sure I would have canceled my Master 6 if knew it would have the same dynamic driver as the the Hunter. So I guess its a 5 driver hybrid? Wonder if it uses the vectoring system on the Hunter as well??

I think the vectoring system is only for hunter. And I'm not sure if the hunter uses the push pull configuration for dynamic drivers as in Pm4 and pm6.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #29 of 2,949
Just for knowledge i want to know if somebody want to cancel the order of pm6/Hunter in this stage how much he will face the reduction of amount is the shape of cancellation fee,  thanks . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back