Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #47 of 2,949
I guess they just updated that today. I cancelled yesterday and no charge.

Funny how that popped up today

I have vocally supported them on these threads and in PM with members helping answer questions.

Look I supported Trinity with KS. Never saw mention of cancellation fees on pre-orde. Now it's on the page.
Dang. I was not expecting that and annoyed. Sorry

Bash me if you want.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #48 of 2,949
Single coil driver. Vs x2 in Master 6. New changes. Better for Master 6 guys just hoping the Hunter lives up to expectation

"The Phantom Hunter features our new dual coil Titanium driver as well as 4 balanced armatures using our unique armature chamber vectoring system..."

SPECIFICATION
  1. 4 X BALANCED ARMATURES
  2. 1 X 7mm DUAL COIL TITANIUM DYNAMIC DRIVER
  3. 16 PAIRS OF TUNING FILTERS FOR ULTIMATE CUSTOMISATION 

+ post from Bob:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/828234/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds#post_13068888

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #49 of 2,949
Funny how that popped up today

I have vocally supported them on these threads and in PM with members helping answer questions.

Look I supported Trinity with KS. Never saw mention of cancellation fees on pre-orde. Now it's on the page.
Dang. I was not expecting that and annoyed. Sorry

Bash me if you want.

Its been in our T&C's for ages but we wanted it pointed out as no-one actually reads them it seems. If we are specially making something for specific customers (especially the Hunter) then not really on to not expect it after we start building them.

We don't usually enforce things like this as we try to be fair, but after the past few days of mass hysteria nonsense we have now and will.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #50 of 2,949
  I see where you're going with regards to the whole modularity and upgrades thing with the fixed cables to the body, but I'm hoping you can explain to me the "more serviceable" aspect in regards to units with cables attached to the body. If the cable section below the y-split fails, then yes it's quite easy to replace and is even easy to test. However, I don't see how "easily serviceable" or even "easily testable" applies to the section above the y-split. If something sounds off or wrong and it wasn't the fault of the section below the y-split, then how would you know if it was the IEM itself or the the cable section above the y-split? And if the cable section below the y-split isn't to blame, then the entire upper section (y-cable and IEMs) would have to be replaced, is that not correct? I'm trying to understand how you've gotten to your current perspective of using this hardwired+y-split cable structure as opposed to the industry standard 2-pin socket (which you yourself claimed costs pennies not pounds). My personal logic points to the standard 2-pin being the overall better choice due to its universality; users are much less likely to complain about cable issues if the solution is to simply get a new cable. But you've clearly had to have thought up and weighed in on aspects of each model before coming to a conclusion, so I'd really like to hear in detail what it is you considered and how your thought process developed the current conclusion of using hardwired+y-split cabling.

Still in for my pre-order of the Hunter and would be regardless of how the cable system ends up, but my preference very much leans towards the standard 2-pin rather than the newly proposed hardwired system. Glad the pre-orders will be using the standard 2-pin style.

They are serviceable as they will all be held together with torx screws rather than glue and interference fit. Some of our designs of the past wouldn't allow us to fix a cable as we would destroy the shell to do so. Now it will be super easy.

Don't worry about the Hunter as its standard 2 pin as noted in my first post.

From everything we have seen our new system will work better for reliability and with the long warranty what does any customer have to worry about?

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #52 of 2,949
They are serviceable as they will all be held together with torx screws rather than glue and interference fit. Some of our designs of the past wouldn't allow us to fix a cable as we would destroy the shell to do so. Now it will be super easy.

From everything we have seen our new system will work better for reliability and with the long warranty what does any customer have to worry about?

I'm sure they will find something dumb to complain about like they don't last long when you shower with them or let the dog chew on the cable or abuse them like garbage and just say they don't last. :wink:

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #53 of 2,949
  Thanks for the update @Bobtrinity, I'm looking forward to the upgrade email. Your commitment to your company's goals and your customer's satisfaction is notable. I know you've had to feel beset upon with pitchforks and torches as of late, but know this, there are those of us who appreciate the fact that problems happen with almost every new product, and it's how you respond to them that matters. 

Well said from one old f**t to another!  LOL

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #55 of 2,949
Its been in our T&C's for ages but we wanted it pointed out as no-one actually reads them it seems. If we are specially making something for specific customers (especially the Hunter) then not really on to not expect it after we start building them.

We don't usually enforce things like this as we try to be fair, but after the past few days of mass hysteria nonsense we have now and will.

That's still being fair, in my opinion. Pre-orders are discounted, so expecting a safety net once the manufacture has started is a little unrealistic. You can't expect the maker to carry tons of excess stock of very extensive items in the off chance they will sell them unless they have specifically budgeted for that from the outset.

Dang. So how is Hunter going to be a step above with just a single coil driver vs dual coil driver of the master 6.
Never should have cancelled master 6. Oh well

I am not real savvy but Master 6 looks even better.

I'm just an audio fan, not an audio engineer, but the only other company I know that uses audio vectoring inside the housing to bounce sound around call it TAEC and sell some of the most popular IEMs on the threads at the moment (Campfire Audio), at a fair bit more than the Trinity offering Pryce wise. Sure the tech won't be identical, but if Bob & co can get a similar effect on the overall sound, I can still see why the Hunter would be considered the "flagship" from a SQ standpoint.

As always, until the final production units are out in the wild, no one will know whether we have a giant killer or a dud in our hands, but I'm pretty happy waiting to see what comes out at the end of all this.

Just to clarify, I'm a fan of Trinity (owning the Vyrus, Sabre and PM4 at the moment) but not a fanboy - the PM4 isn't ideal for my sonic preferences, but I can appreciate the technical accomplishment of the sound, so hand no qualms about waiting for the improved model.

Just my 2p/2c - roll on the upgrade program to see what exactly Trinity are offering!

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #56 of 2,949

That's perfectly fair to charge a cancelation fee, especially for special items like hunter.

The hysteria of the past few days has definitely been a nonsense. With all the support and extended warranty, still some people act as if they've been taken for a ride. Totally ridiculous. Hope sanity returns.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #57 of 2,949
Wow, so the pre-order Master 6 has upgraded connectors, cables, drivers, filters, and housing. Just wow. That's really amazing, and it's hard to believe that we're getting so much for so little, and that you're even making money off of the PM6 preorders at this point. 

It feels kind of weird that the PM6 gets two dual voice coil drivers in push-pull while the Hunter only has one though. I hope chamber vectoring is really amazing for the sake of Hunter preorder customers, even though the Master 6 getting better doesn't make the Hunter worse or anything.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #58 of 2,949
Single coil driver. Vs x2 in Master 6. New changes. Better for Master 6 guys just hoping the Hunter lives up to expectation

I can see where the confusion about your post stems from. I'll try to clear this up based on my understanding of the descriptions in the store:
- The PM6 has two (2) dual-coil dynamic drivers with two (2) dual-BA drivers for a total of 6 drivers per ear.
- The Hunter has a single (1) dual-coil dynamic driver with four (4) BA drivers for a total of 5 drivers per ear.

@Bobtrinity, can you please confirm I've got those driver totals correct?

EDIT: @duracek spotted I wrote the wrong config for Hunter, many thanks for catching it.

Alright, so serviceable not in the same sense as user-serviceable (ie, switching out entire cables on normal IEMs with standard 2-pin sockets), but in terms of easy for you guys to take apart and fix. That's cool, easier work for you if it ever needs to be done.

Still, doesn't quite address the fixing process and timeframe I'd like to know about. If the upper portion fails, easy for you guys to fix, but let's take the example that it's the cable above the y-split that has failed and not the IEMs themselves. It would have to be sent in to you guys to fix up and even if you go the route of sending out a replacement upper half on the terms that the faulty upper half be returned once the user receives the new one, there's still the shipping and turnaround time for what amounts to a cable issue; with a standard 2-pin setup, many users (well, at least the people that lurk around the parts known as Head-Fi
wink.gif
) tend to have spare 2-pin cables to use while waiting for a replacement cable. That said, I do realize that many users (perhaps even a majority?) aren't the type to have spare 2-pin cables hanging around so that replacement turnaround time is bog-standard in their case and they'll just have to live with not being able to use the unit for a few days. Is this a sort of case scenario we're looking at with the new design or perhaps I'm missing something?

I'm happy to hear things are looking up for the new line on the reliability front and even more so about the 2-year warranty. But there's also the consideration that people will use the product for far longer than the warranty period. Though I can see where you're going with this statement. If the system is going to fail, it'll probably do so within the first 2 years. If the system fails past that period, you'll likely have new products that directly replace the old one in the stack.

Again, not bashing or anything. I really appreciate the new changes coming to the lineup and it's good to see the PM6 and Hunter are now in production. I look forward to getting them along with my Airs next year. I just like to see the full process of how things happen in all aspects of support from the fantastic front-end service to the breakdown of how the system can be easily fixed and what that means in terms of timeframe for users. One doesn't ever have to expect to have a failure, but it's always good to know what to do and what happens in preparation. It's "the more you know...." argument and I have yet to see you and the other splendid folks at Trinity Audio do anything less than try to satisfy the customer in any way possible.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #60 of 2,949
The upgrade programm for PM4 will take place next year? Or we may wait for it soon enough? Thanks

Patience Grasshopper.  Patience.  Bob just announced there will be a program.  Details have yet to be made public let alone any kind of timing.  No doubt this will be a 2017 evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back