Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #1,906 of 2,949
Can anyone who has Hunter or PM6 confirm the compatiablity of "FIIO rc-78B" balanced cables?
At first glance, PM6 cables seems to be proprietary. However, Bob promised it will be industry standard. I have no tools to measure its pin size, diameter etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that someone here mentioned the PM6 not being industry standard.

I'd also recommend getting something else than the FiiO cables as they're very stiff and microphonics are extreme on them. There's plenty of options in the same price range these days but please find out what connection they need to fit the PM6 first.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #1,907 of 2,949
I'm pretty sure that someone here mentioned the PM6 not being industry standard.

I'd also recommend getting something else than the FiiO cables as they're very stiff and microphonics are extreme on them. There's plenty of options in the same price range these days but please find out what connection they need to fit the PM6 first.

It's a disappointment to know that PM6/Hunters connectors are not Industry standard as promised. It is also very frustrating that no technical details are available for any of Trinity IEMS as well. How someone match these with their players without knowing some technical specfications.

But, anyway thanks for your FIIO advice. you saved me.
do you have any specific brand or link for such wires in under $40 range?

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,908 of 2,949
It's a disappointment to know that PM6/Hunters connectors are not Industry standard as promised. It is also very frustrating that no technical details are available for any of Trinity IEMS as well. How someone match these with their players without knowing some technical specfications.

But, anyway thanks for your FIIO advice. you saved me.
do you have any specific brand or link for such wires in under $40 range?

I can't remember if the PM4 and PM6 share the same connectors but fwiw I've not been able to find any third party cables fitting my PM4s.

Personally I like the VE cables and consider them to be great for the money but I'm sure there's other alternatives as well:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,909 of 2,949
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,910 of 2,949
I can't remember if the PM4 and PM6 share the same connectors but fwiw I've not been able to find any third party cables fitting my PM4s.

Personally I like the VE cables and consider them to be great for the money but I'm sure there's other alternatives as well:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8
PM4 and PM6 supposedly don't share the same connectors (if Bob stuck to his word on what he made). If he stuck to what he told us, PM4 would need UE TF10 type connectors which are 0.75mm. 0.78mm is considered the current industry standard 2-pin. I don't yet know what sort of compatibility these cables with my Hunters have. I haven't had a chance to put them into any of my other 2-pin IEMs nor have I tried plugged any of my other 2-pin cables into the Hunters. The little guiding nub inside the socket is slight cause for concern though at first glance.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #1,911 of 2,949
How is this company allowed to still be a sponsor in this site? They have basically continue to lie to their costumers, my own experience with them has been the worse that I have ever experienced with costumer service. At this point they simply never fulfilled my order and now want me to confirm my address to send me a Master? Really? On an order they should have fulfilled about a month ago even if they are just sending a Master? If there is a place where their business practices could be reported, I would.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #1,912 of 2,949
How is this company allowed to still be a sponsor in this site? They have basically continue to lie to their costumers, my own experience with them has been the worse that I have ever experienced with costumer service. At this point they simply never fulfilled my order and now want me to confirm my address to send me a Master? Really? On an order they should have fulfilled about a month ago even if they are just sending a Master? If there is a place where their business practices could be reported, I would.

I'm sorry to learn about your bad experience with Trinity audio. However, it is just opposite in my case. I'm more than happy with their services despite being in a country(India) where they don't ship their product at all.
There is absolutely no doubt that Trinity lacks in proper communication. But, one should understand that this company is still evolving and I believe they are trying very hard to get things on track even after shortage of resources etc.

I must admit Bob should put a stop on developing any more new IEM or any other products for a while and should focus on clearing all pending orders. You believe it or not, Trinity guys are genuine and are not like any other businessman.
Bob is gentleman to talk to and he is always ready to listen to you (of course my experience with him).

Trinity audio is really creating good products at a very affordable rate in my opinion.

Those who still thinks Trinity audio is doing some kind of Fraud with their money are absolutely wrong.

Note: I'm not affiliated with Trinity at any level; just a happy customer sharing my experience with them

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #1,913 of 2,949
I have to mirror metabaron to some degree.

My kickstarter deltas were fantastic and was very happy with them until one day the right ear was just for no reason very very quiet. Emailed the enquiries box which was passed to Jake to action.

This was back in February. Yes I did take a while to send them but aside from saying they hadn't been received and then saying they'd been found in the packing department in March it was fairly quiet.

17th March they were "doing final testing"

Chased up at the end of April and was told "my order will be sent next week" which I have learnt from the forum is Jakes catchphrase. I didn't have an order but it would go out next week.

After that I was told they couldn't fix them and do I want them back. After saying yes I was asked for me address (which I assume they have on my original order AND the letter in the parcel).

Tomorrow is the 2 week anniversary of giving my address and I'm not expecting anything to arrive. Maybe it'll be sent next week?

There's TOO many people saying they are getting the same replies. TOO many people not getting orders and new items and new special offers coming out before the older ones are sent.

If I hadn't already of had a pair of earphones I would easily believe it's a huge scam.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #1,914 of 2,949
I have Kieran telling me to confirm my address to be sent a Master (even though they should have already sent out the Master to me if it was indeed a replacement for the Atlas). Then I have Jake tell me that shipping will start in two weeks, even though a month ago he told me that the Master would be shipped "next week" (which should be a type of Trinity meme at this point). There is miscommunication and there is straight up lying to your costumers (I have the emails from their communication with me). So I have, to this point, a product that was defective from the start that they never really fixed (Sabre), a product that I paid for that was never produced (Atlas Delta, and less not fool ourselves here, unless someone in the forum can confirm that they got one, it is fairly obvious that they were not made in any amount), and a replacement that I keep getting excuses for when it will be shipped ( that need to confirm my address now? Come on, they have shipped a bunch of stuff for me before).

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #1,915 of 2,949
I emailed Kieran and told him to either sent the Master if he indeed has it ready to shipped or refund my order, but I am not willing to wait another two weeks for something that should have supposedly been sent three weeks ago according to Jake. I also forwarded him all emails that I received from Jake pertaining this situation so they can see how they been contradicting one another. Will see what his answer is, because I am done dealing with Jake who I'm guessing must be some type of answering bot at this point.

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,916 of 2,949
I have Kieran telling me to confirm my address to be sent a Master (even though they should have already sent out the Master to me if it was indeed a replacement for the Atlas). Then I have Jake tell me that shipping will start in two weeks, even though a month ago he told me that the Master would be shipped "next week" (which should be a type of Trinity meme at this point). There is miscommunication and there is straight up lying to your costumers (I have the emails from their communication with me). So I have, to this point, a product that was defective from the start that they never really fixed (Sabre), a product that I paid for that was never produced (Atlas Delta, and less not fool ourselves here, unless someone in the forum can confirm that they got one, it is fairly obvious that they were not made in any amount), and a replacement that I keep getting excuses for when it will be shipped ( that need to confirm my address now? Come on, they have shipped a bunch of stuff for me before).
You've had a significantly worse experience than I have, though I can't say mine was stellar either. But at least I got the product I ordered. You didn't get the product you order nor have you gotten the promised replacement.

BTW, "next week" is definitely already a Trinity Audio meme (well-deserving of its status), it's just shown up way more often in the main thread because of how much more active it is than this one.

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,917 of 2,949
You've had a significantly worse experience than I have, though I can't say mine was stellar either. But at least I got the product I ordered. You didn't get the product you order nor have you gotten the promised replacement.

BTW, "next week" is definitely already a Trinity Audio meme (well-deserving of its status), it's just shown up way more often in the main thread because of how much more active it is than this one.
And guaranteed :wink:
Couldn't help it :p

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,918 of 2,949
All I can do is laugh now, but the fact that I am out of $160, have a defective iem (Sabre) and no replacement iem (Atlas/Delta-Master) to show for it is frustrating, especially considering that for that money I could've gotten a better product from a more reliable company, or put it towards a more expensive iem. Live and learn I guess.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #1,919 of 2,949
Capture+_2017-06-06-10-58-40.png
First email with Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back