Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,892 of 2,949
Well No Hunters in Pennsylvania yet.... I am sure sooner or later...

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #1,896 of 2,949
Got initial impressions? You've got some nice comparators.
It's doing fine for its price. Better than the Noble X and Earwerkz Supra I have, better than the Campfire Audio Nova I used to have, but not quite as good (overall) as my JH16 FreqPhase. Vocals are sounding slightly off to me right now by I think that's down to a fit issue at the moment rather than the IEM itself. I only had a chance to do lightning rounds on the filters with stock tips. Bass ability is fantastic though IMO. Great detail, sound stage varies depending on which filter is used.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #1,897 of 2,949
Several of us on the west coast (CA and WA) have gotten it and I think @Remiam7 said they either got it or it was very near delivery up in CO. Seems these deliveries are slowly working their way east.

Yes, received my Hunter late Friday night from the second USPS postal delivery of packages. Initial impressions are these are tiny compared to my Master. Much better fit than my Atlas, and the Atlas fit me very well. Seems like the cable design is still somewhat proprietary. SpinFits are working out for me, although I am having an issue with seal, and may have to use my three flange tips. The gunmetal filter sounds the best with the genres of music I most listen to. I do find most of the filters make everything very bright. The Hunter is very unforgiving with questionable recordings. Very happy with the sound from my Pono Player, but can only use in normal mode, until I get a balanced cable. I think the Hunter likes to be used with some power, but don't think it necessary. Highly detailed and very noticeable. Airy soundstage to me. I am quite happy to state that these will be my permanent listening IEM's. Won't even consider using any of my other's.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #1,898 of 2,949
I am sorry to say that after more listening, the pm6 is rather disappointing. Yes, it has wide soundstage, relatively ok separation.
But the height!! No height whatsoever, makes it unlistenable... And the cable system is proprietary, no matter what they say...

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #1,900 of 2,949
You mean the highs?
Strange, I have the opposite idea about them. Highs are much more pronounced than the lows.
He is, I believe, referring to the height of the soundstage rather than the 'highs' (treble part of the audio spectrum).

If you imagine a 3-D shape (e.g. a sphere) with you in the centre, and then colour in all the parts where you feel you can hear music (instruments/vocals), that's your soundstage.
So when listening to music through the PM6, if you can hear a cymbal or high hat in the upper left area, then you can shade in that area.
It's like using cartesian coordinates in maths to list all the points at which you can hear stuff.

So if you listen to all kinds of different songs, but you never hear anything much in the upper or lower parts of that sphere, but just in the centre and to either side of you, then you could say that the soundstage lacks height.

NB: You may well know all of this; this explanation is ust for the benefit of anyone who might find it useful :)

Now that I'm doing reviews, I'm trying to think of more objective ways of measuring and defining things such as soundstage, separation, detail, warmth etc when carrying out critical listening.
The sphere idea is my way of trying to systematically handle soundstage. As always, you may of course hear things differently, and that's good too :)

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #1,901 of 2,949
You mean the highs?
Strange, I have the opposite idea about them. Highs are much more pronounced than the lows.
yes, it is true. PM6 is more lean towards highs. However, selection of tips makes a huge difference. So far, I have tried Sony hybrid, Spinfits CP100, tips of Beyerdynamics earphones, Trinity stock tips and Trinity Combi tips.
Trinity Combi is a real pain to put on. I don't know why Bob is not able to put a good quality or design of combi tips.
PM6 sounds fine with large bore tips. Small bore like combi and spinfits make the bass muddy.
I'm waiting to get Spiraldot MS tips and let see how it goes. If I don't like using Spiraldots then I will sell my PM6 eventually.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #1,903 of 2,949
yes, it is true. PM6 is more lean towards highs. However, selection of tips makes a huge difference. So far, I have tried Sony hybrid, Spinfits CP100, tips of Beyerdynamics earphones, Trinity stock tips and Trinity Combi tips.
Trinity Combi is a real pain to put on. I don't know why Bob is not able to put a good quality or design of combi tips.
PM6 sounds fine with large bore tips. Small bore like combi and spinfits make the bass muddy.
I'm waiting to get Spiraldot MS tips and let see how it goes. If I don't like using Spiraldots then I will sell my PM6 eventually.
The wide bore on spiral dots seem to be very helpful for opening the soundstage on IEMs. The bass and high frequency both are improved while maintaining very nice vocal and mid frequency performance
They are the best silicone I have come across. Just need to get the correct size for the best seal.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #1,904 of 2,949
Can anyone who has Hunter or PM6 confirm the compatiablity of "FIIO rc-78B" balanced cables?
At first glance, PM6 cables seems to be proprietary. However, Bob promised it will be industry standard. I have no tools to measure its pin size, diameter etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,905 of 2,949

I use spiraldots ms. I have been struggling all my life with IEM till i discovered them because most foam create pressure in my ears and also kills high too much, all others simple had a bad fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back