TRI Star River Impressions
Feb 18, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #31 of 127
Damn - mine still haven’t shipped as well, bought on the 10th like some other folks. Messaged KBear on AE (which is where I bought them from) and they replied, granted, but they still haven’t shipped out and my order is going to be cancelled in 3 days if they don’t ship them out … wasting 21 days of waiting will not the best feeling. I’m hoping they rectify and give me some kind of express shipping, we shall see.

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #32 of 127
Damn - mine still haven’t shipped as well, bought on the 10th like some other folks. Messaged KBear on AE (which is where I bought them from) and they replied, granted, but they still haven’t shipped out and my order is going to be cancelled in 3 days if they don’t ship them out … wasting 21 days of waiting will not the best feeling. I’m hoping they rectify and give me some kind of express shipping, we shall see.
Depressing. I understand that it may take a while but waiting over a week to ship is ridiculous unless they are waiting to get it from the manufacturer and at that point it should be a pre order. I hope they don't cancel as I understand it takes a month to get anything from China.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #33 of 127
So sorry.... I hope they get you squared away in a fair way (though I have a bad feeling that won't happen).

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #34 of 127
Thanks for clarifying. Almost thought it was gonna be a misbuy.

Care to compare to the hbb khan? Loved the laid back signature on those
I liked the Khan except the scooped midbass. I prefer the warmer replay with more midbass and what it does to male vocals and instruments.
My Khan are on tour so I can't A&B but from memory 100% I will take the StarRiver as its way more musical in a more natural balanced way.

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #35 of 127
Depressing. I understand that it may take a while but waiting over a week to ship is ridiculous unless they are waiting to get it from the manufacturer and at that point it should be a pre order. I hope they don't cancel as I understand it takes a month to get anything from China.

So sorry.... I hope they get you squared away in a fair way (though I have a bad feeling that won't happen

Right, depressing is definitely the right word for it … maybe I’m spoiled with Amazon prime and 2 day shipping and all that, but I was more than ready to wait the 3-4 weeks for the shipping. Now it’s going to be around 5-6 weeks because of the delay, which I think is a bit ridiculous.

They seem to reply to me on AE so I’ll probably work something out with them, hopefully. But I have a feeling you’re right @samandhi

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #36 of 127
So, for giggles (and just playing around) I decided to change cables on these, really to dress them up more than listen to them with. BUT..... I can see now that @ToneDeafMonk was right to toss the stock cable aside..

I mean, it isn't subtle like normally cable rolling would indicate. It really is night and day. At first I didn't want to be TOO unkind and call them muddy and very low def, but they kind of were. WARNING to all new buyers, the stock cable looks decent but is complete junk. Throw it out immediately! :)

The bass is no longer HUGE and bloated (it has come down to normal listening levels, even though it IS still boosted quite a bit over neutral). Treble is much cleaner, and helps with detail retrieval. I am amazed!

20230218_142557.jpg

20230218_142713.jpg

Attachments

• 20230218_142557.jpg
    20230218_142557.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #37 of 127
Right, depressing is definitely the right word for it … maybe I’m spoiled with Amazon prime and 2 day shipping and all that, but I was more than ready to wait the 3-4 weeks for the shipping. Now it’s going to be around 5-6 weeks because of the delay, which I think is a bit ridiculous.

They seem to reply to me on AE so I’ll probably work something out with them, hopefully. But I have a feeling you’re right @samandhi
Ironically, that is where I got mine from (Amazon); from the KeepHiFi store on Amazon to be precise.

It is sad that this has become such the "norm" that we are discussing like it is a forgone conclusion, and we aren't angry like we might be otherwise... :frowning2:

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #38 of 127
Ironically, that is where I got mine from (Amazon); from the KeepHiFi store on Amazon to be precise.

It is sad that this has become such the "norm" that we are discussing like it is a forgone conclusion, and we aren't angry like we might be otherwise... :frowning2:
I agree. I've bought many cables, tips and other things from AE and tbh I understand the crazy delay in the shipping, getting from China to the US must be a pretty well oiled machine in order for it all to work properly, especially since the packaging for such a small box must be difficult not to misplace, I can only imagine.

The real kicker here, is that I bought them immediately because I was interested in the tuning and the switches, but also that $10 off coupon for first adopters. Now, if I have to cancel my order or it gets cancelled automatically, I have to buy at the full price of $60. Yes, it's only $10, sure, but it's about the principal of it at this point. I feel like I was robbed of that $10, even though I took a shot blindly and trusted the company ... let me not get ahead of myself here. They might ship them within the next 3 days, who knows.

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #39 of 127
I agree. I've bought many cables, tips and other things from AE and tbh I understand the crazy delay in the shipping, getting from China to the US must be a pretty well oiled machine in order for it all to work properly, especially since the packaging for such a small box must be difficult not to misplace, I can only imagine.

The real kicker here, is that I bought them immediately because I was interested in the tuning and the switches, but also that $10 off coupon for first adopters. Now, if I have to cancel my order or it gets cancelled automatically, I have to buy at the full price of $60. Yes, it's only $10, sure, but it's about the principal of it at this point. I feel like I was robbed of that $10, even though I took a shot blindly and trusted the company ... let me not get ahead of myself here. They might ship them within the next 3 days, who knows.
Well, I hope they do... :)

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #40 of 127
So, for giggles (and just playing around) I decided to change cables on these, really to dress them up more than listen to them with. BUT..... I can see now that @ToneDeafMonk was right to toss the stock cable aside..

I mean, it isn't subtle like normally cable rolling would indicate. It really is night and day. At first I didn't want to be TOO unkind and call them muddy and very low def, but they kind of were. WARNING to all new buyers, the stock cable looks decent but is complete junk. Throw it out immediately! :)

The bass is no longer HUGE and bloated (it has come down to normal listening levels, even though it IS still boosted quite a bit over neutral). Treble is much cleaner, and helps with detail retrieval. I am amazed!

20230218_142557.jpg
20230218_142713.jpg
Yeah, looks like need to try cable rolling with Silver & Copper cables to see which would be best for it.

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #41 of 127
Yeah, looks like need to try cable rolling with Silver & Copper cables to see which would be best for it.
Before I switched cables, I thought I might need a pure silver cable, but now with a better cable (albeit still SPC), I am not so sure. Silver might be too much, but copper might put the bass back up there and blunt the treble (for me).

Feb 18, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #42 of 127
Before I switched cables, I thought I might need a pure silver cable, but now with a better cable (albeit still SPC), I am not so sure. Silver might be too much, but copper might put the bass back up there and blunt the treble (for me).
That's where I am at as well Pure copper all the way the highs are enough for me without any help.

Attachments

• 20230217_161205.jpg
    20230217_161205.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #44 of 127
I am done with my conclusion and impressions of the StarRiver just finishing up writing the review but the title will be.

TRI StarRiver - A Vocal-Certic Killer! That kinda sums it up. A great IEM.

Feb 19, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #45 of 127
I am done with my conclusion and impressions of the StarRiver just finishing up writing the review but the title will be.

TRI StarRiver - A Vocal-Certic Killer! That kinda sums it up. A great IEM.
Will you share a link on this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back