TRI Star River Impressions
Feb 12, 2023 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 127

samandhi

Headphoneus Supremus
I didn't see a thread yet for these and have only seen these mentioned on the Discovery Thread, so I thought I would start a thread here for people to give their impressions on these. I have a set incoming (should be here between Feb 16 through the 22).... My Hermano @FranQL has me a bit excited to see what these are going to be like.

For those unfamiliar, here is what these consist of:

2023-02-11

TRI Star River: Dual Dynamic Drivers 2Pin Wired Earphone with Tuning Switch

News In Ear Monitor TRI Star River Tri $30~$50

TRI Star River
TRI Star River

TRI Star River, a low-cost in-ear monitor with tuning switch, is now available.

Features​

• High quality dual DD
  • Precision Switches
  • German 3D Printing Resin
  • 10mm Beryllium Diaphragm
  • 6mm Titanium Diaphragm
  • N52 Strong Magnet System

TRI Star River

Specifications​

• Brand: TRI
  • Model: Star River
  • Color: Blue/ Green
  • Impedance: 32Ω
  • Sensitivity: 110dB@1KHz
  • FR Range: 20-20Khz
  • Driver: Dual dynamic
  • Type: In-ear earphone
  • Cavity material: German imported resin
  • Interface: 0.78mm 2PIN
  • Plug: 3.5mm/4.4mm(plated with gold)
  • Cable material: Oxygen-free copper plated with silver
  • Cable length: 120CM±3CM

TRI Star River

10MM Flagship Beryllium Dynamic​

Japan-imported voice coil copper wire, acclaimed excellent driver. After careful R&D and adjustment, Star river adopts a new generation beryllium diaphragm, which has the unique tone of beryllium metal diaphragm and ultra-high detail display ability.

TRI Star River

6MM Titanium Diaphragm​

In order to maintain the metallic sound similar to beryllium metal and the overall overall performance of the earphone driver, TRI has customized a 6MM titanium diaphragm as a high frequency gain driver to achieve better high frequency output.

TRI Star River

Four Tuning Models​

Star river uses a precision electronic frequency divider tuning switch to give the earphones four different tuning modes with different driver gain effects. Tuning switches: balance, low frequency reinforcement, for vocals, and pop flavor.

TRI Star River

Ergonomic Design​

Adopts professional big data model to realize multi-dimensional equal pressure design in providing comfortable wearing, effectively avoiding ear pressure problems caused by wearing posture and human ear shape. Skin-friendly resin effectively prevents allergies and other problems caused by materials.

TRI Star River
TRI Star River
TRI Star River

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 127
I saw that review also, and it was also a part of why I grabbed a set... Have you recieved yours yet?
I have not. I don't think it has been shipped out yet. I got the 4.4mm Green version from the K Bear official store. I'd assume it'll be March when I get it and at the same time my Galileo should be in to. It'll be interesting to A/B a dual dd with switch and a much hyped collab 1DD/1BA at 2x the cost.

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 127
I didn't see a thread yet for these and have only seen these mentioned on the Discovery Thread, so I thought I would start a thread here for people to give their impressions on these. I have a set incoming (should be here between Feb 16 through the 22).... My Hermano @FranQL has me a bit excited to see what these are going to be like.

For those unfamiliar, here is what these consist of:

2023-02-11

TRI Star River: Dual Dynamic Drivers 2Pin Wired Earphone with Tuning Switch

News In Ear Monitor TRI Star River Tri $30~$50

TRI Star River
TRI Star River

TRI Star River, a low-cost in-ear monitor with tuning switch, is now available.

Features​

• High quality dual DD
  • Precision Switches
  • German 3D Printing Resin
  • 10mm Beryllium Diaphragm
  • 6mm Titanium Diaphragm
  • N52 Strong Magnet System

TRI Star River

Specifications​

• Brand: TRI
  • Model: Star River
  • Color: Blue/ Green
  • Impedance: 32Ω
  • Sensitivity: 110dB@1KHz
  • FR Range: 20-20Khz
  • Driver: Dual dynamic
  • Type: In-ear earphone
  • Cavity material: German imported resin
  • Interface: 0.78mm 2PIN
  • Plug: 3.5mm/4.4mm(plated with gold)
  • Cable material: Oxygen-free copper plated with silver
  • Cable length: 120CM±3CM

TRI Star River

10MM Flagship Beryllium Dynamic​

Japan-imported voice coil copper wire, acclaimed excellent driver. After careful R&D and adjustment, Star river adopts a new generation beryllium diaphragm, which has the unique tone of beryllium metal diaphragm and ultra-high detail display ability.

TRI Star River

6MM Titanium Diaphragm​

In order to maintain the metallic sound similar to beryllium metal and the overall overall performance of the earphone driver, TRI has customized a 6MM titanium diaphragm as a high frequency gain driver to achieve better high frequency output.

TRI Star River

Four Tuning Models​

Star river uses a precision electronic frequency divider tuning switch to give the earphones four different tuning modes with different driver gain effects. Tuning switches: balance, low frequency reinforcement, for vocals, and pop flavor.

TRI Star River

Ergonomic Design​

Adopts professional big data model to realize multi-dimensional equal pressure design in providing comfortable wearing, effectively avoiding ear pressure problems caused by wearing posture and human ear shape. Skin-friendly resin effectively prevents allergies and other problems caused by materials.

TRI Star River
TRI Star River
TRI Star River

Bought 1 Star River for $49 USD too.

Usually I don't do blind purchases (there don't seem to be store graphs too), but the 2DD tunable concept is quite interesting. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 127
I have not. I don't think it has been shipped out yet. I got the 4.4mm Green version from the K Bear official store. I'd assume it'll be March when I get it and at the same time my Galileo should be in to. It'll be interesting to A/B a dual dd with switch and a much hyped collab 1DD/1BA at 2x the cost.
I got the same variant and connector. I love the looks of the blue also, but I have quite a few blue ones a this point. I ordered mine from the KeepHiFi store on Amazon. We'll see if they arrive when it is projected.

Usually I don't do blind purchases (there don't seem to be store graphs too), but the 2DD tunable concept is quite interesting. Hope it doesn't disappoint!
Yeah, I am the same. I normally at least wait for more reviews, if not the customer impressions on stuff like this. So, who knows this could come back to bite me. We'll see?! :) You can see some graphs from the video that @s2kphile linked, near the end where he measures all 4 switch combinations. It looks like there are really only 2-3 different variations on these. One is exactly like the 00 switch position, and another only varies VERY slightly from a different reading (I don't know if this is totally accurate or not). In case you don't want to watch the super long video, I took screenshots so I could at least post them here.
00 switch setting
00Setting.PNG

01 switch setting
01Setting.PNG
Do let us know your impressions once they arrive and you have some time to listen to them?

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 127
I got the same variant and connector. I love the looks of the blue also, but I have quite a few blue ones a this point. I ordered mine from the KeepHiFi store on Amazon. We'll see if they arrive when it is projected.

Yeah, I am the same. I normally at least wait for more reviews, if not the customer impressions on stuff like this. So, who knows this could come back to bite me. We'll see?! :) You can see some graphs from the video that @s2kphile linked, near the end where he measures all 4 switch combinations. It looks like there are really only 2-3 different variations on these. One is exactly like the 00 switch position, and another only varies VERY slightly from a different reading (I don't know if this is totally accurate or not). In case you don't want to watch the super long video, I took screenshots so I could at least post them here.
00 switch setting

01 switch setting
Do let us know your impressions once they arrive and you have some time to listen to them?

Thanks for the photos!

Yes will definitely do measurements on a coupler with the various switches and some listening impressions once they come. Likely will take about 2 weeks to reach me from China though, assuming the balloon it travels on isn't blown off-course or shot down by an F22 jet LOL.

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 127
Thanks for the photos!

Yes will definitely do measurements on a coupler with the various switches and some listening impressions once they come. Likely will take about 2 weeks to reach me from China though, assuming the balloon it travels on isn't blown off-course or shot down by an F22 jet LOL.
Damn it, I was drinking something when I read this. I JUST about spit it all over the place.... :)

I look forward to your readings (and thoughts) on these. :)

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 127

I nagged and got this from someone at kbear. Didn't answered my other questions though...

Attachments

• pic-1.jpg
    pic-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #10 of 127
I nagged and got this from someone at kbear. Didn't answered my other questions though...
That seems similar to the one in the video review if a lot smoothed out (though I haven't looked at them side by side yet). I am surprised they sent you that. :) Thanks for sharing this.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #11 of 127
That seems similar to the one in the video review if a lot smoothed out (though I haven't looked at them side by side yet). I am surprised they sent you that. :) Thanks for sharing this.
Yeah, nagging and calling them out launching a product without a graph as a red flag got things moving over there apparently😅

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 127
I got mine in today. I JUST got them so have not even put them into my ears yet, but here are some pictures (very sorry about the bad camera work, and the poor camera quality):

Hos does the cable feel, soft to the touch? And is it silver-plated? Copper ones get to change color rather quickly.
Still waiting for mine to arrive...

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 127
Hos does the cable feel, soft to the touch? And is it silver-plated? Copper ones get to change color rather quickly.
Still waiting for mine to arrive...
The cable is rather soft and pliable. It doesn't seem to hold a memory at all. It is an SPC cable. It IS pretty thin but is actually pretty nice for being budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back