TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Dec 4, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,501 of 3,867
Earlier this morning received the TRi i4. As per usual the stock cable was nothing. Tried a NiceHCK silver litz, but it sounded thin in the highs. Changed to a NiceHCK 4.4mm balanced, pure copper 4 core and a Sennheiser style tip. Very good. I am a sucker for TRi. I have the i4, the i3, the Starsea and I had the Starlight for a week. I think the i4 is a bio-driver and a Knowles. I got them really cheaply in the 11/11. They have got a lot of fans and I think I am going to be another. A great brand, great IEMs.

:sunglasses:So nice to hear that! You just said you had the Starlight for a week! How is your feeling?

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,503 of 3,867
My Starlights are here, in my ears as I type and have been for the past couple of hours. When I first tried them on I sighed in relief as it was immediately obvious that these won't require a lot 'work' to get to sound good - they do straight out of the box.

First impressions: good technical chops, particularly with outstanding treble, which really comes into its own on busier tracks (anything involving an orchestra is a joy). Not had goosebumps in a while listening to some of my favourite tracks but here I am.

Mids are quite forward, which I like (particularly female vocals), however I did encounter a touch of sibilance on two tracks. Not winced but it was noticeable.

Bass is conservative overall and sub-bass focussed. Kinda reminded of me of what Mangird Teas do. No sign of bleed into mids, hits hard but only when called upon. Loreen's first album sounds phenomenal - her tracks have that sub-bass and a great ambience, both rendered perfectly on Starlights. Stage is respectable.

Overall, they will quickly become my favourite. I can see where the money's gone.

Thanks for your support! :sunglasses:

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #1,504 of 3,867
My Tri I3 bought through Lazada Singapore is having issue. the left side volume is fluctuating. small movement will send the volume fluctuating. Tried swapping the cable but still the same. The seller suggest me to contact Tri to RMA. Any one know how can I contact Tri?

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,505 of 3,867
:sunglasses:So nice to hear that! You just said you had the Starlight for a week! How is your feeling?
From memory....the Starlight is the best IEM I have heard. Great timbre, beautiful mids and clean, clear, detailed highs, totally non-fatiguing. Great stage, imaging, resolution, and layering. The KBear Believe is also wonderful. The tuning is just how I like it. It may well be the best value IEM ever made. The Believe is how I would tune it, if I had any idea of what I was doing. It's not bright......a classy sound. The Believe is like a fine wine. 10/10.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #1,506 of 3,867
From memory....the Starlight is the best IEM I have heard. Great timbre, beautiful mids and clean, clear, detailed highs, totally non-fatiguing. Great stage, imaging, resolution, and layering. The KBear Believe is also wonderful. The tuning is just how I like it. It may well be the best value IEM ever made. The Believe is how I would tune it, if I had any idea of what I was doing. It's not bright......a classy sound. The Believe is like a fine wine. 10/10.

So excited to hear such a comment for our TRI products! Your liking and support is the drive and motivation for us! :ksc75smile:

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #1,507 of 3,867
My Tri I3 bought through Lazada Singapore is having issue. the left side volume is fluctuating. small movement will send the volume fluctuating. Tried swapping the cable but still the same. The seller suggest me to contact Tri to RMA. Any one know how can I contact Tri?

Hi friend, in general, you need to continue to communicate with the store where you ordered the product, to discuss about the futher solution

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #1,508 of 3,867
Here is a piece which sounds superb on the Starsea. I also tried it on my Tin T3 and I was pleasantly surprised how close the two sounded!

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #1,513 of 3,867
Been testing the Lark for days. Still interested in optimal cable and eartip suggestions.

Where it's really shining right now is on Curtis Mayfield's album, "The Very Best of Curtis Mayfield (1997)" 800 kbps FLAC.

Previously, I used my King Pro for this album. But the Lark is competitive. I think that the King Pro has a larger and more diverse soundstage. And better dynamics and micro-detail.

However, the Lark is relatively well-tuned for this album. It doesn't lose any of the vocals. They are soft and natural. In general, the Lark's gentle nature brings out all the tracks without any harshness. I think you'll want to amp it to get the appropriate bass, though. Yeah, the Lark is pretty addictive-sounding with Curtis. The Lark isn't flat on certain registers like the King Pro is - it's a more musical tuning for R&B, maybe.

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #1,514 of 3,867
Well, maybe 'gentle' isn't the right word. It's no V-shaped screamer, that's for sure.

I guess what's making Curtis Mayfield work is that the Lark is pretty neutral. There's not a lot of exaggeration going on. It's not blasting stuff into your ears, except for some treble peak. I've heard scarier peaks.

I can see why people find it refreshing, like they did the T2 back in 2018.

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #1,515 of 3,867
Been testing the Lark for days. Still interested in optimal cable and eartip suggestions.

Where it's really shining right now is on Curtis Mayfield's album, "The Very Best of Curtis Mayfield (1997)" 800 kbps FLAC.

Previously, I used my King Pro for this album. But the Lark is competitive. I think that the King Pro has a larger and more diverse soundstage. And better dynamics and micro-detail.

However, the Lark is relatively well-tuned for this album. It doesn't lose any of the vocals. They are soft and natural. In general, the Lark's gentle nature brings out all the tracks without any harshness. I think you'll want to amp it to get the appropriate bass, though. Yeah, the Lark is pretty addictive-sounding with Curtis. The Lark isn't flat on certain registers like the King Pro is - it's a more musical tuning for R&B, maybe.

My preferred cable is the Dunu DUW02 for its convenience and its options. Although it is excessively expensive. For that reason the better option is TRI Through cable 2.5mm with 4.4mm and 3.5mm adapters.

On tips, my two favourites are the plain whites silicone tips which come with Tin earphones. I have not seen them sold separately. The other is Misodiko foam tips with silicone sheath. I am usually not into foam tips, I do not like the "jammed in" feeling, I like a light fit, and occasional tight fit for isolation and bass impact, so these work well for me because they are silicone covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back